Gonzalo Higuaín (65 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Maybe they didn't feel like taking a PK? We don't know.

Forcing a normally deadly player from the spot into taking a PK has been proven to be a mistake plenty of times before. If you have a bunch of Penalty takers, you let the player shoot that feels the most confident. Might have been Higgy in this case.

If Dybala would have been there, he probably would have taken them, not sure it that would have been better, looking at his last PK's.
Its all about mental resilience. Most players can take a spotkick, doesnt require the most extreme technique. Its about the mental state.

Beeing able to pick a corner, and have a backup plan if you see the goalkeeper dive in it. This is what everyone does

The mental resillience to not fall if the goalkeeper feignts to that corner, thats what defines it.

Players with exceptional technique and reasonable mentality, are also great. They pick a corner and know they will score if they hit it well, regardless of wether the keeper judges it right.

Berna and Pjanic are such players. They should take spotkicks

My question is unanswered.

And the talk about us being psychologically affected after the penalty miss, this argument applies to Juve but not to Spurs who came back from a 2 goal deficit ? Are we such a mentally weak team that we cant recover from a penalty miss ? Are we so poor offensively that we couldnt create more chances ?

Let's face it. It's just convenient to blame Higuain because he has a past history of choking.
Higuain is a great player. I just dont want him to take spotkicks if there is pressure. Higuain is the best player in the world in terms of reaction shooting, of instinct.

But if he has to think and ponder, his nerves kill him.

I would never let him take spotkicks.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Great fucking game from him , he was simply great , our best player last night,and yes I really dislike this guy , but he was monster !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Or how about you stop being a douchebag for once just coz you disagree with someone...

This is about Higuain and this is about last night's result. It has direct relation to the ongoing discussion in this particular thread.

If you don't like to read it, just go fuck yourself or put me on ignore(wasn't I on your ignore anyway?)
lol someone insulting you for disagreeing?

:shock:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
You can blame him for the penalty (an isolated situation) and call him a choker, while not blaiming him for the entirety of the game and praise his general performance.
I agree my friend but saying that the missed penalty or that counter with Pjanic led to us to drawing the game is wrong in my opinion. We could have been 3:1 up and still end up drawing. Why I think that way? Because our two quick goals didn't prevent Spurs playing their game. Why should we assume that they would stop playing being 3:1 down after the first half?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I agree my friend but saying that the missed penalty or that counter with Pjanic led to us to drawing the game is wrong in my opinion. We could have been 3:1 up and still end up drawing. Why I think that way? Because our two quick goals didn't prevent Spurs playing their game. Why should we assume that they would stop playing being 3:1 down after the first half?
Absolutely. Higuain didn't cost us the game. Actually he prevented us losing it [to some extend]. Still a choker tho :p

May 26, 2016
Or how about you stop being a douchebag for once just coz you disagree with someone...

This is about Higuain and this is about last night's result. It has direct relation to the ongoing discussion in this particular thread.

If you don't like to read it, just go $#@! yourself or put me on ignore(wasn't I on your ignore anyway?)
Soon he will start claiming the moral high ground over you because he works with a guy in a wheelchair. Dont even bother with him

- - - Updated - - -

And btw, blaming higuain is kind of weird to me, he was our best performer last night and by some distance too.

Buffon and khedira however , absolute shocking. This immunity towards criticue for them is bull$hit. They are Both past it and should let younger players get a chance

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Higuain: 'It’s easy to talk’
By Football Italia staff

Gonzalo Higuain says “it’s easy to talk from a sofa or an armchair” after Juventus blew a 2-0 lead against Tottenham Hotspur.

The English side became the first to overturn a 2-0 deficit since the Bianconeri moved to their new stadium in 2011, and the first to score twice there since January 2017.

Higuain scored twice within in the first 10 minutes, but he later missed a penalty and Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen earned Spurs a draw.

“Good morning everyone,” Pipita posted on his Instagram page.

“It’s easy to talk after the game from a sofa or an armchair… until 2-0 everything was perfect, after the 2-2 the judgement changes quickly.

“We’re not really interested in these voices. Let’s go to London to secure this qualification, a hug to everyone who truly wants good things for Juventus.”

He's so sensitive, so weak mentally :cry: :sad:

Kinda like that other useless turd nugget in midfield who felt the need to bully a kid on social media :howler:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Higuain: 'It’s easy to talk’
By Football Italia staff

Gonzalo Higuain says “it’s easy to talk from a sofa or an armchair” after Juventus blew a 2-0 lead against Tottenham Hotspur.

The English side became the first to overturn a 2-0 deficit since the Bianconeri moved to their new stadium in 2011, and the first to score twice there since January 2017.

Higuain scored twice within in the first 10 minutes, but he later missed a penalty and Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen earned Spurs a draw.

“Good morning everyone,” Pipita posted on his Instagram page.

“It’s easy to talk after the game from a sofa or an armchair… until 2-0 everything was perfect, after the 2-2 the judgement changes quickly.

“We’re not really interested in these voices. Let’s go to London to secure this qualification, a hug to everyone who truly wants good things for Juventus.”

He's so sensitive, so weak mentally :cry: :sad:

Kinda like that other useless turd nugget in midfield who felt the need to bully a kid on social media :howler:
To be fair, the players are also humans. But if he cant handle criticism from fans he shouldnt really be on the social media train - with all that shit we got with it.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yeah, but he's only human. You don't expect Chiellini to stop every attack by himself and Pjanič to make every pass an assist, why do you demand 4 goals in 45 minutes from Higuain?
I said the game is in the details.

This human crap is bs im sorry. If your highest paid and bought striker cant score pen to put us 3-1 up before ht then it deserves some blame. Saw the game from uk channel and theh absolutely admitted that if Juve had converted that pen it would have been a completely different HT talk.

Higuain himself probably got affected by this miss as he didnt show up 2nd half.
GDC gave me infraction for this post. :sergio:

Do you actually read the post before you do this? Who did i insult here? Who?

@GordoDeCentral

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Yesterday he was awesome. Took his 2 goals nicely. Run a lot. Kept the ball. Spread the play. And gave a fight for every single ball.

But he still chocked. He should have scored from the counter attack and finish Tottenham off. Or score the penalty and send them for half time with another goal on their back. But he chocked.

Playing well and choking are different things. He's a finisher and our most well paid player. Is it ok to not score after a certain amount of goals scored? No. You have to try and score from every single chance you have. That's how you finish off matches.

For now, he has kept us in the game. He could have finished it off for us though. Trezeguet was playing for a much more defensive Juventus, getting just 1 or 2 chances per game. And he made it count. Clutch player.

I like Higuain a lot. But maybe he has a lot of the Juve European choking mentality in him. And we needed our record signing striker to help us get away from that mentality.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Actually could well be. We have history of choking it in CL.

Also yes we were limited last nigt offensively.
Berna plays CM cause Matuidi is out.
Mandzu got injured but couldnt be replaced cause we already missed Dybala and Cuads. Instead we can only bring on mids who are hardly game changers in Sturaro, Asamoah, Benta.

Its easy to criticize Allegri but last night he didnt have game changing subs to make. Usually Allegri always makes good subs but he had nothing to bring on.

Barzagli might have improved us defensively. Matuidi would have shut the shop in midfield. That means Berna could have played more offensive role even yesterday. Lack of fresh legs in offense to bring on last night. Cuads could have come on to right side. Costa move to left to take Mandzu off and Dybala or Berna play just behind Higuain.
Do not agree about him not having options from bench.

Why, for starters, he goes an all out attack formation he never uses. He knew he had injured players, why go 4231 with ALL our atatcker in the line up and no bench? Just why?

He never does that even against the beneventos of the world buthe does against totenham in a crunch tie? He is sooo conservative with his line ups everygame using the same plan, but goes all gung ho in this game with an injured ridden bench.

I just cant understand this.

He could have gone 433 and bench costa or mandz, while using a line of 3 mids. We have bene using this with success, and is the only way we can balance this team anyways.

Its all on him IMO

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
What’s with the puke worthy avatar?
After 23 years as a Juve fan, where I have endured Calciopoli, Capello-football and five CL-finals without a win, I've found it necessary to support a team that will delight me with great attacking football and Champions League victories :heart:

BLAUGRANA!

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Every goal he scored in that game was under very high pressure. He wasn't in choke mode or he would have missed the first goal or the second.
I don’t think you understand the term “choke”. The Falcons for example still chocked against the New England Patriots even if they scored a very high number of points. Choke means not being able to score when it counts. That’s what Higuain does time and time again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)