Gonzalo Higuaín (56 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yeah, but he was 28 though, and coming off of a record setting season. I don't think this falls into the investing in old players category
Sorry but it does. We essentially spent a record breaking sum on a player that would have no resale value. This is precisely one of the reasons why we are unable to rejuvenate the squad with adequate quality.

Let's not forget we had to 'invest' in a 31 yr old Bonucci just to get rid of him.

Financially this deal proved to be a complete mess.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
As much as I'm a Higgy fan, will leave a bad taste in my mouth if he doesn't go quietly. Soccer in Euro must be different than US sports cause the players always force the teams to pay the FULL amount of their contracts. Only way Higgy stays for me is him and Gigi are eating that victory pizza on the sideline at the 85 minute mark of the 2021 CL title.

Mario acted like a man, hopefully Higgy doesn't act like a little boy.
Its Higuain

the guy is an emotional

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
As much as I'm a Higgy fan, will leave a bad taste in my mouth if he doesn't go quietly. Soccer in Euro must be different than US sports cause the players always force the teams to pay the FULL amount of their contracts. Only way Higgy stays for me is him and Gigi are eating that victory pizza on the sideline at the 85 minute mark of the 2021 CL title.

Mario acted like a man, hopefully Higgy doesn't act like a little boy.
The club treated Mario like trash. Ridiculous.
You’re right, Manbro was man enough to leave.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ronaldo unintentionally killed higuain's career

ronaldo was among the greatest transfers this club have done. a world class star and a legend to play for you? its's not a hard decision to see why club went for ronaldo

there was no way, back in 2016 that the club would have known that 2 seasons later ronaldo would want to leave. and not only leave, but leave for juve.

so in 2016 higgy came. yes price was high....but looking at important points: higuain had broken record of goals scored in serie a, and was playing for a rival, and juve needed desperately a goal scorer like higuain as both manduzkic and dybala didn't score combined what higuain scored in serie a. also club had lost a key cl player at the time in morata, and and key midfielder like pogba. something had to be done.

it was not a mistake to buy him. the mistake was the price, but again looking at factors above, and no way of knowing ronaldo would be available. the transfer was a good one. higuain would go on to have key matches and score decisive goals. and our rivals never recovered or used that money to build a team to challenge us. it was a success

then fast forward to 2018. ronaldo comes. on a record fee for the club, and record wages. suddenly the club panics because players need to go to reduce wage bill. higuain gets sacrificed in two terrible loan deals to milan and chelsea, when he was still playing well and before ronaldo moved, no one was expecting him to leave, and he didn't want to leave either. his confidence is shattered and he didn't look the same since.

so we can really say the only legitimate complaint about ronaldo being here, is that it killed higuain's career in top football.

@Alen
@JuveJay senpai
@Cronios
@swag
@Osman

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Sorry but it does. We essentially spent a record breaking sum on a player that would have no resale value. This is precisely one of the reasons why we are unable to rejuvenate the squad with adequate quality.

Let's not forget we had to 'invest' in a 31 yr old Bonucci just to get rid of him.

And we’re interested in Dzeko/Suarez. We dont learn i guess.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
ronaldo unintentionally killed higuain's career

ronaldo was among the greatest transfers this club have done. a world class star and a legend to play for you? its's not a hard decision to see why club went for ronaldo

there was no way, back in 2016 that the club would have known that 2 seasons later ronaldo would want to leave. and not only leave, but leave for juve.

so in 2016 higgy came. yes price was high....but looking at important points: higuain had broken record of goals scored in serie a, and was playing for a rival, and juve needed desperately a goal scorer like higuain as both manduzkic and dybala didn't score combined what higuain scored in serie a. also club had lost a key cl player at the time in morata, and and key midfielder like pogba. something had to be done.

it was not a mistake to buy him. the mistake was the price, but again looking at factors above, and no way of knowing ronaldo would be available. the transfer was a good one. higuain would go on to have key matches and score decisive goals.

then fast forward to 2018. ronaldo comes. on a record fee for the club, and record wages. suddenly the club panics because players need to go to reduce wage bill. higuain gets sacrificed in two terrible loan deals to milan and chelsea, when he was still playing well and before ronaldo moved, no one was expecting him to leave, and he didn't want to leave either. his confidence is shattered and he didn't look the same since.

so we can really say the only legitimate complaint about ronaldo being here, is that it killed higuain's career in top football.

@Alen
@JuveJay senpai
@Cronios
@swag
higuain ruined his own career. he comes to pre season unfit and always complains in the pitch. no grinta to play football.

look at benzema. same age player but 100x more fit physically

even mandzukic was better physically. if we had a hungry (not in the food sense) to win and physically fit, we would have a high level of strikeforce.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i dont believe that. he also looked unfit from 2015 on (remember how we all complained he looked fat when he signed here?)

it didn't stop him from banging goals left and right.

mentally he was broken by juve's bad faith dealings

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
i dont believe that. he also looked unfit from 2015 on (remember how we all complained he looked fat when he signed here?)

it didn't stop him from banging goals left and right.

mentally he was broken by juve's bad faith dealings
meh. he had his grandad sarri who has always believed in him. he did nothing and he is always a chocker in big games for both juve and argentina.

time to move on.

pls let not sign these 40 year dzekos mandzukics or jimenez. Rather see kean back tbh.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ronaldo deal certainly has much to do with it.

He was delivering near to what was expected of him, but the ronaldo deal forced a sale against his will, and he wasnt even doing bad.

then comes the part that he is mentally weak, and his body is destined to be the one of a fat man and we have what we have now

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Ronaldo deal certainly has much to do with it.

He was delivering near to what was expected of him, but the ronaldo deal forced a sale against his will, and he wasnt even doing bad.
I agree but his second season with us was pretty underwhelming for his standards

Dumping him to Milan definitely broke him mentally though.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
He is the most sensitive guy in our team, which makes him weak and vulnerable.
If an 11 year old boy on the street tell him that he is a poor striker, he would go home and cry for days. He needs to be treated like a baby and loved by everyone in the club including the janitor in order to perform.
On top of that during the lock down his mom was so sick (I think she was diagnosed with cancer) and he stayed with her in Argentina for so long. I`m almost certain he didnt care about staying fit.

He is of no use to us anymore.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002

I wish more people understand what you just said. This deal fucked us and is the reason why our hands are so tied leaving us very little room to maneuver in the market. My biggest grief with Marotta was he was really bad at negotiating "big deals" and when it came to bigger signings he seemed to be much more comfortable just triggering release clauses (Pjanic and Higuain for example). He valued price and deal complexity over team chemistry and long term sustainability.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes. More goals, and he scored in more games.
He also played more games, maybe that's why. Higuain put in 32 goals and 4 assists in 55 games (all comp.), while Ronaldo had 28 goals and 11 assists in 43 games, while playing in the more defensive team (Mandzu-Dybi-Cuads-Pjanic-Sami in a 4231 vs Mandzu-Dybi-Blaise-Pjanic-Sami in a 433). Ronaldo carried the team in the CL knockouts as well. Considering he was new to the league and started kinda slow, rest of the season he smashes Higgy to pieces

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)