Gonzalo Higuaín (21 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No chance, Higgy will score 25+ and still be back in Turin next year coz he don't wanna spend another season at that trash club.
He's perfectly suited for Milan, Roma has Dzeko, Inter has Icardi and Milan has Higuain, every team thats aiming for CL places needs a good striker. We dont need him and neither do any of the teams that are competing for league titles and CL

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Likeable guy but he never took a leap in quality when he joined us. Our football didnt really suit him either. I consider him one of the best strikers in the current game but at the same time I'm glad he left. I hope he'll have a great career further though.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Feel bad for him, he deserves better than his current circumstance. Shame we couldn't have passed him on to some half decent foreign club
Chelsea could really use him and it wouldn’t shock me if they sign him - that is if Milan don’t take up their option to sign him.

But yeah, he doesn’t deserve this. They’re easily the shittiest club team he’s ever played for.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Am I the only one that doesn't think that Higuain deserved more? And that he should consider himself lucky he was even given given his opportunity with us at such an age?

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no complains against Higgy's attribute in the pitch or professionalism in the dressing room. However, there were a lot of other issues concerning his fitness outside a pitch and mentality.

He left Real labeled as a chocker. Had a few awesome years with Napoli, a mid to high club. And was lucky that a complete team lacking just a striker gambled 90 million on him.

When a team pays 90 mil for you, the least you can do is not show up in the first training of the year like a 50 year old computer programmer. This thing affects your game. Your mobility, your acceleration, etc, even if it's not the most important characteristic of your game. The day that Ronaldo will choke, I'll have nothing to say. Because the man did everything possible to be in his optimal condition. The condition that will allow him to get that half a meter more when sprinting with someone.

Imagine if I was awesome at my job from a technical point of view but every day I showed up at my job drunk and stoned. Imagine if on top of that I was depressed or had an anxiety disorder (Higgy had some mental issues too). How long before I got fired?

What I am trying to say here is that Higgy was a good player technically wise, never caused issues in the dressing room and his attribute in the pitch was good. But professionally wise, he could keep himself in a better shape. Especially as you get older, this is really important. It'll maybe give you the few meters needed that distinguish success and failure in the top level.

Adding to that his few mental issues, some of which he managed to fight, for some of which we had to hand hold him for big chunks of the season, and maybe Higuain simply isn't a player for a top-5 team. Maybe he excells in a mid to high team like Napoli or Milan.

We gambled on him, breaking our transfer record, something he should be thankful about, especially as he was 29 years old and labeled as a chocker. This was a big statement of belief from our point and we expected him to finally make the jump on quality. But let's be honest about this, he never did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)