Gonzalo Higuaín (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedvěd

Yeah I think it's about the your own football style. For me, I admire the likes of Higuaín, Nistelrooy, Trezeguet, Hernández, Darren Bent, Milito, Falcao etc..... I'm someone who believes a strikers job is to score goals, and that's the most important thing. It's my way, I'm not a big fan of the like Benzema, Berbatov /Strikers with good all around game.
If you are a second striker, trequartista, like Piero, Totti, Bergkamp etc.. I believe you should have an all around game, but if you are a pure striker, like Gonzalo, you don't need it.
The most important task for a main striker is to put the ball in the net.

Buy on AliExpress.com

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Nedvěd;3289324 said:
Yeah I think it's about the your own football style. For me, I admire the likes of Higuaín, Nistelrooy, Trezeguet, Hernández, Darren Bent, Milito, Falcao etc..... I'm someone who believes a strikers job is to score goals, and that's the most important thing. It's my way, I'm not a big fan of the like Benzema, Berbatov /Strikers with good all around game.
If you are a second striker, trequartista, like Piero, Totti, Bergkamp etc.. I believe you should have an all around game, but if you are a pure striker, like Gonzalo, you don't need it.
I didn't imply he 'needed' to have a better all around game, it's just that I think he's not significantly better at what he does to be prefered to Benzema.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Nedvěd;3289324 said:
falcao is not a pure striker

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You don't seem to remember that season well, Ronaldo played upfront alongside Higuain that season, they played a 4-4-2 diamond formation, with Kaka playing behind both Ronaldo and Higuain. Ever since Mourinho came, Real have played a 4-2-3-1, with Ronaldo starting on the left most of the time, but because of his amazing stamina and his clever movement, he puts himself in scoring positions more than anyone else.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I remeber that season and I'm sure that Ronaldo wasn't playing as a striker like he do now, he was always on the left cutting inside. Now i see him a second striker in Mourinho formation, he rarely create something from the wing as he used to, his position is quiete central, IF he keeps scoring like he's doing right now, neither Benzema/Higuain will touch the 25 barrier.

Nedvěd

I'm pretty sure that Ronaldo played mostly as a striker in 2009-2010 And to add value to my argument, here is Real's most used formation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_Real_Madrid_C.F._season Which is Ronaldo playing as a striker with Gonzalo, with Kaka behind him. and that wiki article and stats are sourced. So there is no excuses like Wiki is full of shit blah blah blah...

Gonzalo's goalscoring records puts Benzema (Who is a great striker tbf) into shame.

82 goals in 176 games. And when you consider that he joined Real as a 19 year coming from Argentina playing in Europe for the first time, for probably the greatest team in the world, you could cross over his first season, his stats will only look much better.
9 goals in 18 games for Argentina. compared to 13 in 40 for France. 40 in 90 for Real.

Last season, Gonzalo lost his place in the team due to injuries, yet still managed to score 10 league goals in 17 games, compared to Benz's 15 in 33.

Nedvěd

And not to be mistaken for a Benzema hater, I like the dude, we share the same birthday and I never hate on anyone who shares my birthday. And I also watched him making his breakthrough with Lyon, and always liked to see him in United for the right price. But I don't like to see anyone hating or underrating Gonzalo.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nedvěd;3289724 said:
I'm pretty sure that Ronaldo played mostly as a striker in 2009-2010 And to add value to my argument, here is Real's most used formation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_Real_Madrid_C.F._season Which is Ronaldo playing as a striker with Gonzalo, with Kaka behind him. and that wiki article and stats are sourced. So there is no excuses like Wiki is full of shit blah blah blah...

Gonzalo's goalscoring records puts Benzema (Who is a great striker tbf) into shame.

82 goals in 176 games. And when you consider that he joined Real as a 19 year coming from Argentina playing in Europe for the first time, for probably the greatest team in the world, you could cross over his first season, his stats will only look much better.
9 goals in 18 games for Argentina. compared to 13 in 40 for France. 40 in 90 for Real.

Last season, Gonzalo lost his place in the team due to injuries, yet still managed to score 10 league goals in 17 games, compared to Benz's 15 in 33.
He was playing as a striker like i said, in a 4-4-2 diamond formation. I remember it very well, this season he starts on the left, but plays mostly like a forward.

Nedvěd

falcao is not a pure striker
What would you class him as? Falcao is a goalscoring machine, someone who's deadly in the box, and with an immense heading ability, can lead the line, and doesn't need a partner to excel.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Benzema was never a starter so that scoring record comparaison is BS, and plus Karim much more than scoring he's also the better technique wise, it was always a matter of confidence for Benz and now when he found his touch, he's been RM best striker this season and this is why Higuain now is a bench player, and you could argue all you want but Higuain's finishing sucks, and half the country here is RM fans and whenever i meet a RM fan i never found someone who's happy with Higuain, he never shows up in big games, he misses easy chances.....

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yet Benezema has never done it. I too don't want to be mistaken for a Benzema hater, i love the guy for the French NT and he is undoubtedly the #1 star in this new look French NT, but Higuain when fit is a better striker than Benzema.

Nedvěd

He was playing as a striker like i said, in a 4-4-2 diamond formation. I remember it very well, this season he starts on the left, but plays mostly like a forward.
I remember it too. It was Ronnie's first season at Real, and as a United fan I took interest in how well he will do in Spain. And most, well you can say all United forums had a 'Ronaldo watch' thread. And on the forum I'm on, Ronaldo used to get a lot of coverage, and we also had two Real madrid fans, who regularly post about Ronnie and Spanish football. 100% he played as a striker.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Nedvěd;3289742 said:
I remember it too. It was Ronnie's first season at Real, and as a United fan I took interest in how well he will do in Spain. And most, well you can say all United forums had a 'Ronaldo watch' thread. And on the forum I'm on, Ronaldo used to get a lot of coverage, and we also had two Real madrid fans, who regularly post about Ronnie and Spanish football. 100% he played as a striker.
And I'm sure he started on the left and was always cutting inside and a lot of higuain goals that year were set up by CR

Yet Benezema has never done it. I too don't want to be mistaken for a Benzema hater, i love the guy for the French NT and he is undoubtedly the #1 star in this new look French NT, but Higuain when fit is a better striker than Benzema.
Done what ??

Nedvěd

Benzema was never a starter so that scoring record comparaison is BS, and plus Karim much more than scoring he's also the better technique wise, it was always a matter of confidence for Benz and now when he found his touch, he's been RM best striker this season and this is why Higuain now is a bench player, and you could argue all you want but Higuain's finishing sucks, and half the country here is RM fans and whenever i meet a RM fan i never found someone who's happy with Higuain, he never shows up in big games, he misses easy chances.....
49% of people here support Real, 49% support Barcelona here. And I swear no one of them know anything about football. I have loads of Real Madrid friends, and I swear most of them wanted Iker out, and think that Carvalho is a shit defender.
saying that Gonzalo's finishing sucks, is just super stupid my friend (no offense) he is a brilliant finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)