Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (181 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Doubt it - The most likely scenario is Dybala will change shirt or the no` 10 shirt will become vacant
If Pogba goes, Dybala 100% should get the number 10. Only reason why it might not happen is that perhaps many fans have already bought the Dybala 21 shirt. Perhaps there is a rule with Adidas about not changing the numbers at a certain point. I am only speculating here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Nah, I think you can change shirt numbers whenever.

There is the disclaimer when buying the jerseys about no refunds exchanges etc. if a name/number changes or player leaves the club.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
without dybala, we scored 4 goals against bayern, probably the best team we faced during the last couple of years. and we conceded 6. we need better refs and better midfield (depth). now we're selling our best midfielder (who's btw the most marketable footballer these days), and splashing the funds on a striker that we don't need desperately.

do you see higuain scoring our winner in the cl final? i don't. do you see us suffer because of the absence of marchisio, khedira and pogba in a cl quarterfinal or even group match when we field a midfield of pjanic, matic, asamoah? i do.

i'd rather have the strongest midfield with dybala-mandzukic up front than a crippled midfield with dybala-higuain. and take it easy, it's just an opinion. i like to be proven wrong by the results.
Pogba isn't gone yet. I hope we can keep him as well. But even if we can't - getting €120m in our pocket we can replace him. Not in terms of branding because he's the most marketable player in the world, but in terms of squad quality. He's impossible to replace as a B2B, but bringing a CDM like Matic and adjusting the tactics, you're just going to see more of Pjanic distributing.

I do see Higuain score the important goals. But I also see Dybala score them. Dybala will be incredible this season. Our depth in midfield is good. We're probably gonna let some players go to fund Higuain if we keep Pogba, but even so, i'm sure we'll have depth.

Comparing Higuain to Mandzu is a world of difference. Mandzukic is just not top level. Not for a big team anyway. He'd be perfect in West Ham.. I just can't see him ever scoring close to 30 goals a season. Thats what you need from a top level prima punta anyway.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
i'd rather have the strongest midfield with dybala-mandzukic up front than a crippled midfield with dybala-higuain. and take it easy, it's just an opinion. i like to be proven wrong by the results.
Strongest midfield, to do what exactly? Scoring goals like vidal and marchisio did? That midfield that ultimately couldn't even score against bayern?

Because in the end, even wc cm and dm are not enough to win you trophies, certainly not like wc attacking players do.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
ok

according to some sources, currently pogba earns about ~5,5m at juve, that's already a big contract. 7,5m is the highest in juve's history, and ffs, it's fucking soon-to-be-29-year-old higuain. gonzalo higuain, who left real because of benzema, and while constantly scoring above 20 goals (just a couple of more than mandzukic before joining juve), he only had one single terrific season by butchering serie a minnows. if that justifies his price tag and wages, then i don't know absolutely fucking morning about football.

i still need your opinion on the bold parts:
Overpaying in transfer fees , yes. But not in wages. That is standard market level wages for a world class striker. You talk like he's some Di Natale while he averages 30 goals a season and almost carried Napoli to a league title. He also scored against all the top 4 sides in Serie A last season.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Strongest midfield, to do what exactly? Scoring goals like vidal and marchisio did? That midfield that ultimately couldn't even score against bayern?

Because in the end, even wc cm and dm are not enough to win you trophies, certainly not like wc attacking players do.
Pjanic, Khedira and either one of Lemina, Sturaro and Asamoah is not exactly what I would called crippled particularly as we would add someone else special to that mix. Would prefer Pogba stays, but just sayin.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
without dybala, we scored 4 goals against bayern, probably the best team we faced during the last couple of years. and we conceded 6. we need better refs and better midfield (depth). now we're selling our best midfielder (who's btw the most marketable footballer these days), and splashing the funds on a striker that we don't need desperately.

do you see higuain scoring our winner in the cl final? i don't. do you see us suffer because of the absence of marchisio, khedira and pogba in a cl quarterfinal or even group match when we field a midfield of pjanic, matic, asamoah? i do.

well said. in modern football id say the midfield is 50% of the team, defense + gk 30% and the attack 20%. we won the league unbeaten with vucinic and matri, while milan had ibra.

i think selling pogba for 120 is a good move, because we can invest that and have a top3 midfield for the next 5 years. instead we are splashing almost all the money on a cf, who is not even a big game player and is almost 29.

if we do this, we ll only have money for a witsel level midfielder. we ll be relying on pjanic and 3 injured or injury prone players (asamoah, khedira, marchisio), who are not even that good anyway.

just for comparison, our best midfield from 2012 to 2015 was pogba pirlo vidal. none of marchisio khedira asamoah could/would be starters even though they had no injury problems. our defense was the same but younger, we had a fit asa instead of sandro. overall, we have downgraded over the last 2 seasons.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
just for comparison, our best midfield from 2012 to 2015 was pogba pirlo vidal. none of marchisio khedira asamoah could/would be starters even though they had no injury problems. our defense was the same but younger, we had a fit asa instead of sandro. overall, we have downgraded over the last 2 seasons.
:ratcafe:

The technical level of this team is way better than what we had over the last 4-5 years.

Lets see what kind of midfield reinforcements we get before coming to conclusions like this.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Overpaying in transfer fees , yes. But not in wages. That is standard market level wages for a world class striker. You talk like he's some Di Natale while he averages 30 goals a season and almost carried Napoli to a league title. He also scored against all the top 4 sides in Serie A last season.
:tup:

goal and assist against juve this year

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:ratcafe:

The technical level of this team is way better than what we had over the last 4-5 years.

Lets see what kind of midfield reinforcements we get before coming to conclusions like this.
We kinda made those two scudetto's and CL final without depending on Pogba.

He was largely injured last year. Didnt add anything until new year this year
We however had a large streak of unclinical displays in front of goal.

We just got the forwards who's clinical finishing was the main reason a seriously inferior Napoli kept up so long.

How exactly are we inferior :D

Dani Alves, Pjanic are insane technical upgrades

If we sell Pogba, IF, we need to consider the replacement first, to conclude. But we will make 1-2 buge purchases

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Dani Alves and Alex Sandro as wingbacks/fullbacks compared to Licht/Asamoah who cant cross to save their lives. Its a big improvement on the flanks.

Dybala-Higuain is better than anything we've had since prime Del Piero-Trezeguet. World class strike pair compared to Vucinic-Matri, Tevez-Llorente/Morata. We're comfortably better in attack now.

Midfield is the area we've definitely downgraded. Vidal was a loss and Pogba's future is up in the air. But we've added one of the best midfielders in the league to our squad in Pjanic. And there's still time before we make a couple of solid reinforcements.

Basically what i mean to say is unlike past teams, we have more imaginative players who possess great technique/ game-changers and now a clinical finisher who is one of the most complete strikers in the game to top it off. Essential ingredients to win a CL.

Our defense has also been reinforced with depth like Benatia and we have Bonucci who's in his prime along with Barza and Chiellini who are still going strong.

Depending on whether Pogba stays or leaves, i'd still take this team over Conte's team/Allegri's 14-15 team.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Dani Alves and Alex Sandro as wingbacks/fullbacks compared to Licht/Asamoah who cant cross to save their lives. Its a big improvement on the flanks.

Dybala-Higuain is better than anything we've had since prime Del Piero-Trezeguet. World class strike pair compared to Vucinic-Matri, Tevez-Llorente/Morata. We're comfortably better in attack now.

Midfield is the area we've definitely downgraded. Vidal was a loss and Pogba's future is up in the air. But we've added one of the best midfielders in the league to our squad in Pjanic. And there's still time before we make a couple of solid reinforcements.

Basically what i mean to say is unlike past teams, we have more imaginative players who possess great technique/ game-changers and now a clinical finisher who is one of the most complete strikers in the game to top it off. Essential ingredients to win a CL.

Our defense has also been reinforced with depth like Benatia and we have Bonucci who's in his prime along with Barza and Chiellini who are still going strong.

Depending on whether Pogba stays or leaves, i'd still take this team over Conte's team/Allegri's 14-15 team.
Pjanic is technically much better than Vidal. This squad with Higuain is definitely the best Juve squad since pre calicopoli, probably even without Pogba.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

I wouldn't.

You are right about the wing backs being more technical, but they are a lot weaker defensively. We have Pjanic now, but we lost our 2 most technical players in Pirlo and Pogba. We lost Vidal, too, who was very technical for a ball-winning mid. In attack, I wouldn't say Higuain is a lot more technical than Tevez or Morata. Dybala is a big improvement in that area, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanic is technically much better than Vidal. This squad with Higuain is definitely the best Juve squad since pre calicopoli, probably even without Pogba.
Whats the midfield? And don't put Pogba and Marchisio.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Higuain 90m > Morata 60m
Ofcourse.
Morata still not there yet.
We kinda made those two scudetto's and CL final without depending on Pogba.

He was largely injured last year. Didnt add anything until new year this year
We however had a large streak of unclinical displays in front of goal.

We just got the forwards who's clinical finishing was the main reason a seriously inferior Napoli kept up so long.

How exactly are we inferior :D

Dani Alves, Pjanic are insane technical upgrades

If we sell Pogba, IF, we need to consider the replacement first, to conclude. But we will make 1-2 buge purchases

:tup:
Agree,being clinical in front of the goal was one of our weaknesses last year/s.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I wouldn't.

You are right about the wing backs being more technical, but they are a lot weaker defensively. We have Pjanic now, but we lost our 2 most technical players in Pirlo and Pogba. We lost Vidal, too, who was very technical for a ball-winning mid. In attack, I wouldn't say Higuain is a lot more technical than Tevez or Morata. Dybala is a big improvement in that area, though.
They'd play in a 3-5-2 though which'd get the best out of them. Its debatable if they're really that weak defensively. People were saying the same things about Evra because of his age yet he gave us a solid two years.

I agree with you regarding the midfield. I think its gonna be weaker than maybe last year if Pogba leaves but we have to see what kind of moves we make if/once he leaves.

Disagree about Higuain. He's complete in every aspect. He can pick a pass, his off the ball movement is world class, can hold up play extremely well and most importantly gives you a ton of goals. He just had a Zlatan-esque season with Napoli. Pair with him someone like Dybala and the combinations and chemistry between each other is going to be amazing. There's no doubt we're a lot stronger compared to Tevez-Morata which existed only for a 3 month stretch for big games in CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 180)