Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (115 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He did. I recall games vs Lyon. The guy scored 8 goals in 48 CL games for Real. Very poor for a striker. It would be absolute madness to spend 94m on him and I doubt we're seriously considering it. If god forbid we sell Pogba to finance this move (which I again doubt) it would be idiotic.

The statistic tells a completely different story then the reality here

He played 1896 minutes in 48 games in europe with Madrid
Thats an average of 39 minutes per game.

He started mostly during the first two seasons, the first the entire team was garbage, the second when mou took over Higuain was bad in europe.

All other seasons, Higuain was mostly a sub for Benzema, and the entire team was set up to feed ronaldo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He did. I recall games vs Lyon. The guy scored 8 goals in 48 CL games for Real. Very poor for a striker. It would be absolute madness to spend 94m on him and I doubt we're seriously considering it. If god forbid we sell Pogba to finance this move (which I again doubt) it would be idiotic.
only 2 in knock out stages too. incredibly weak statistic

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Discussing the merits of spending 94M on Higuain is one thing but discussing his goal scoring prowess is another. He scored 46% of Napoli's goals.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

He started mostly during the first two seasons, the first the entire team was garbage, the second when mou took over Higuain was bad in europe.

All other seasons, Higuain was mostly a sub for Benzema, and the entire team was set up to feed ronaldo.
Haven't checked up his minutes but that's still really poor. 250 minutes for a goal, for someone worth 94m. You gotta be kidding with this?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I actually think he will replicate hes form the next couple of seasons. Why shouldent he? If you dont care about EPL teams valuation of players you should consider that Juve are comtemplating paying 94 mio. for Higuain, while I am pretty sure that Morata would be a Juve player if we offered Real close to that sum.

I guess you dont trust Juves valuations of players either.
i dont see it. he never came close to 36 league goals before, and he went out early in both EL and Coppa Italia so Napoli put all their focus on Serie A. i dont believe we are ready to pay 94M either, until i see it. well see, if Morata goes anywhere and if Higuain really comes, then we talk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Oh I remember when scoring against Lyon was impossible for Real, and how they got knocked out of the cl 2 or 3 times in a row by Lyon :lol:
they never knocked Lyon out in their history i think :lol:

freckin Lyon :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Abysmal

40m + Pereyra should be our offer.
:tup: thats 60M, good enough for him. if they dont want, fuck them off and look elsewhere

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
price is never irrelevant. Juventus doesent buy stars, they make them, thats what i always read here. so what about now? we are gonna overpay for a player in his prime at his absolute peak? i hate him a lot, but why not Icardi for 50M and less than 5M wages? why not make him into a star, and its not like hes years away frm becoming it (already top scorer and inter captain at 23)? we are signing a player for 94M and making him the highest paid player in Serie A with 7.5M net a year. thats expensive as fuck, even for Real and the likes, yet alone us
We have been building stars and will continue to do so. But we also see where we can improve the team.

The only concern currently, is keeping players we developped into absolute world class, because other teams still got a pull over us. Mainly madrid+barcelona+bayern, but we must be aware of the insane cash of the EPL+ great coaching upgrades.

Vidal, Coman left cause 'bigger team'. Pogba probably will in x years time.

So our board has publically decided it wants to build that team to challenge for the CL. Challenge and be that Semi final or better or its a bad season, team. Just like the other big 4. We want to close the gab and put us next to them, and be able to keep our developped players.
But we did manage to build an absolute world class team over the years. benatia and alves were again amazing deals, and 32 mil pjanic is disgustingly good money for value.
Higuain is the final cog for the machine to be fully worldclass to make that CL statement. So we decide its the major investment, and i think it completely makes sense.

Once you got a fully world class team, you can focus mostly on replacing what you have, not upgrading an existing position. Which is what Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern have been doing for a few years now (alot in barcelona's case)

And we seriously are the best in the world when it will come to that

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Higuain started 30 games for Real in CL, scored 8 goals

5-2 and 1-0 vs Zurich
2-2 vs Milan, 2-0 vs Ajax
4-1 vs CSKA, 3-0 vs Ajax, 6-2 vs Dinamo Zagreb
3-0 vs Galatasaray

impressive, to say the least

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We have been building stars and will continue to do so. But we also see where we can improve the team.

The only concern currently, is keeping players we developped into absolute world class, because other teams still got a pull over us. Mainly madrid+barcelona+bayern, but we must be aware of the insane cash of the EPL+ great coaching upgrades.

Vidal, Coman left cause 'bigger team'. Pogba probably will in x years time.

So our board has publically decided it wants to build that team to challenge for the CL. Challenge and be that Semi final or better or its a bad season, team. Just like the other big 4. We want to close the gab and put us next to them, and be able to keep our developped players.
But we did manage to build an absolute world class team over the years. benatia and alves were again amazing deals, and 32 mil pjanic is disgustingly good money for value.
Higuain is the final cog for the machine to be fully worldclass to make that CL statement. So we decide its the major investment, and i think it completely makes sense.

Once you got a fully world class team, you can focus mostly on replacing what you have, not upgrading an existing position. Which is what Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern have been doing for a few years now (alot in barcelona's case)

And we seriously are the best in the world when it will come to that
so you think Higuain for 94M is the only upgrade we can make? you think for that money we cant upgrade other areas or even the CF area with less money?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Haven't checked up his minutes but that's still really poor. 250 minutes for a goal, for someone worth 94m. You gotta be kidding with this?
The past 3 seasons at Napoli Higuain made

0.96 G+A / game in serie A
1.05 G+A / game in europe

At Napoli

And your argument is that before those 3 seasons when he was a sub, he had bad stats

Seriously ?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
so you think Higuain for 94M is the only upgrade we can make? you think for that money we cant upgrade other areas or even the CF area with less money?
There isnt a single area on the field except ST where we can still make a significant upgrade.

3-5-2

Buffon, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, Dani Alves and Pogba are best in their position. (thats 6 players)
Marchisio is the best player in his role in the world and his role is crucial to this juventus. (7th player)

Alex Sandro is top 3 in the world on his position and it makes no difference to get any other LB.

Pjanic is an absolute topclass talent that could make the step to world class here. There isnt a single player who can play his role at CM or CAM that we can get thats actually better. Not a single one.

Dybala is the next big thing at SS. The players at his position who are better at this moment, are all impossible to get

Mandzukic, the ST. Now thats where you can still make a significant improvement

- - - Updated - - -

Big game choker. Always misses when it really matters. Likes to Bully small teams do'.

At Argentina, the exact same can be said of Messi and Aguero. Are they also big game chokers ?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The past 3 seasons at Napoli Higuain made

0.96 G+A / game in serie A
1.05 G+A / game in europe

At Napoli

And your argument is that before those 3 seasons when he was a sub, he had bad stats

Seriously ?
Didnt Napoli played majority of these game in EL? Not exactly the same as in CL. And even there he chocked, most notably vs Villareal and Dnipro iirc. Considering his CL record the argument that he would significantly improve us in Europe is flawed.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
There isnt a single area on the field except ST where we can still make a significant upgrade.

3-5-2

Buffon, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, Dani Alves and Pogba are best in their position. (thats 6 players)
Marchisio is the best player in his role in the world and his role is crucial to this juventus. (7th player)

Alex Sandro is top 3 in the world on his position and it makes no difference to get any other LB.

Pjanic is an absolute topclass talent that could make the step to world class here. There isnt a single player who can play his role at CM or CAM that we can get thats actually better. Not a single one.

Dybala is the next big thing at SS. The players at his position who are better at this moment, are all impossible to get

- - - Updated - - -

At Argentina, the exact same can be said of Messi and Aguero. Are they also big game chokers ?
Let's be fair, Higuain doesn't only choke with Argentina

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

3-5-2

- - - Updated - - -

so Higuain is the only player that can improve us at CF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)