Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (171 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
realistically we never stood chance. Napoli hate us and would rather sell him elsewhere for less. Hopefully this will end soon one way or the other, so we can focus on a more realistic target!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
From this hassle in the end both Juve and Napoli lose prestige, Napoli because their star player agreed personal terms with the enemy and Juve for failing to finalise the deal.
The ones who wins at any case is Higuain and his age, he will either get a better contract at Juve, or a better contract at Napoli...

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
This is Pjanic all over again. We are denying that we want the player at all cost, the player is silent and his club is silent (probably because they know he wants to leave).

In the end we get the player.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
This is Pjanic all over again. We are denying that we want the player at all cost, the player is silent and his club is silent (probably because they know he wants to leave).

In the end we get the player.

- - - Updated - - -

The bottle is my deck

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
When Gonzo scores against the Ready to erupt Mount Vesuvius all over the city FC, i hope we mimick their announcer when he shouts his x100 Go-za-lo..........Hi-gua-in!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

That's why we're always on top of our game. We're always prepared for these ship jumpers that wanna leave. Thats the way of the game these days. If they were female they'll be labelled as ''Wh0res'' :lol:

enzo

May 14, 2012
Let me make myself clear first: I do not think that Higuain is worth 90mln euros.
Yeah. But it's the price to pay. And contrary to others here I think it would be a stupid move to bring up this sum just to prove "we are back". Even if we win the CL next year, which I'm positive about, we still would have to be thrifty the upcoming years, because, to us, this still is a shitload of money. Other clubs really don't need to care about money, at some point their owners will insert some more coins again to deal with their way too high expenses.

People say Higuain is a choker, lol. Well, yea, he maybe misses sometimes. Nobody mentions how Lewa disappears in many matches, he's nowhere to be seen. But it's crazy what he (Gonzalo) has accomplished so far. Even at Real when he was in the shadow due to Ronaldo, he scored shitload of goals. And now again he showed what he's capable of at Napoli. Napoli.
I don't agree here. And even if he regularly disappears, he scored 30 goals last season for Bayern. Of course Bayern is Bayern and Napoli is Napoli. But there is no reasonable comparison possible here anyway. However, I agree with you that Higuain is a great player. Just not for that price. That's more than twice the price tag of Dybala (who still had to prove himself at a great club, sure).

But from a different point of view: if the goal is to win the Champions League. Let's say we have an agreement with Pogba to stay another year, no matter what, because he is an integral part of fulfilling our goal. We probably will want to make sure we have all the ingredients needed. So do whatever it needs and spend money big time. Then next year, should Pogba leave, we would have no money problems at all, after winning the Champions League AND selling Pogba. Still risky. But let's take it :)

Pogba, Pjanic, Sandro, Alves, Dybala. Having those players next to Higuain would result him score over 25 goals every season easily. It would be insane to see that here and I'm pretty sure we'd demolish half the Europe.
Both would have a huge impact here, dont you think?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah. But it's the price to pay. And contrary to others here I think it would be a stupid move to bring up this sum just to prove "we are back". Even if we win the CL next year, which I'm positive about, we still would have to be thrifty the upcoming years, because, to us, this still is a shitload of money. Other clubs really don't need to care about money, at some point their owners will insert some more coins again to deal with their way too high expenses.

I don't agree here. And even if he regularly disappears, he scored 30 goals last season for Bayern. Of course Bayern is Bayern and Napoli is Napoli. But there is no reasonable comparison possible here anyway. However, I agree with you that Higuain is a great player. Just not for that price. That's more than twice the price tag of Dybala (who still had to prove himself at a great club, sure).

But from a different point of view: if the goal is to win the Champions League. Let's say we have an agreement with Pogba to stay another year, no matter what, because he is an integral part of fulfilling our goal. We probably will want to make sure we have all the ingredients needed. So do whatever it needs and spend money big time. Then next year, should Pogba leave, we would have no money problems at all, after winning the Champions League AND selling Pogba. Still risky. But let's take it :)

Both would have a huge impact here, dont you think?
Oh, it's not like we disagree pretty much anywhere. :tup:

I agree with all of the things stated, not much to argue about.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Oh, it's not like we disagree pretty much anywhere. :tup:

I agree with all of the things stated, not much to argue about.
:tup: Should we really be willing to spend that amount of money, I would rather see it happen immediately. I absolutely don't see the point in hesitating and holding off, when we just pay the price anyway. Just do it and bring him, or any other forward we are following, to the training camp as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 171)