Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (182 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

you really dont want this guy!!!?:lol::sergio:
:rofl:

the guy who choked on 3 finals straight with argentina, and choked again and again in his career on important knock out tournaments
the guy who was openly angry with verona (or whoever it was) players for fighting for their pride despite already gotten relegated
the guy who was totally went out of control in the middle of the game because he couldn't handle the pressure

nope, don't want this guy, especially for the sum of money in talks.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Honestly, we will roflstomp to CL.
Cleansheets everygame, and nothing below 2-0.

- - - Updated - - -

the guy who choked on 3 finals straight with argentina, and choked again and again in his career on important knock out tournaments
the guy who was openly angry with verona (or whoever it was) players for fighting for their pride despite already gotten relegated
the guy who was totally went out of control in the middle of the game because he couldn't handle the pressure

We will fix him. If Bonucci became THE most coveted defender in the world, we can do something about Higuain. I hope we keep Zaza around so, Simone can regulate Gonzalo in case he gets out of line. Bench him for Zaza and Zaza will still grind out them goals.

- - - Updated - - -

If Zaza, Pereyra and Martin go to Napoli, then I hope they win the EL.

- - - Updated - - -

We should try to get Insigne too.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to loose Zaza though. :sigh:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
BBC b!tchslap Messi, Ronaldo et al to submission. Pogzy and co. own their asses, and Dybz/Higgy go for the kill.
They wont even know what hit them. :touched:
I really really really really really want us to run into Arsenal. Give me some 11-0 aggregate score. Higuain hattrick, Dybala hattrick, Pogs double, Pjaca double, BonBon does this

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
catch em all : )

OT: would love to see him play in our jersey. thought he was underrated at RM.
I liked him at Madrid, I even wanted him here, I remember when he was linked to us a while ago but unfortunately Napoli got to him. We just need to rinse him up, find BonBon's motivator, some garlic and a dark basement. Then we got ourselves our CL winning striker.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if he comes, I hope Dybala is the top scorer and assistman. I want Dybala to have 70+ goal+assist.

Jan 22, 2016

Tevez had dicipline problems and didnt deliver in CL too. untill he came to us and we changed him.we can do it with this guy too.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Strawman argument. Sanchez is not on the market and only one yr younger and one of the high earners at Arsenal.
even the high earners at arsenal won't get 7,5m € net. and afaik pogba's not on the market either.

higuain is a good striker, but fucking expensive for his international record and his defensive abilities. yes, i've said it: a striker also must defend like mandzukic does, like cavani does, and unlike zlatan does. higuain is not a juve kind of player, still, if we keep pogba, i'm ok with higuan. but man, if we splash the pogba money on fucking 29-year-old higuain and his astronomical wages, then it's the worst move of the last 5 years. that'd be some wasted cash. the only player i'd accept as a pogba consolation is verratti. paying higuain's clause :sergio:

btw for 70m, we could probably have kept morata: considerably younger, on much lower wages, and he shows up on big occasions.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
It is not entirely unrealistic you know. Remember, its not about the transfer fee its about the total cost.

Higuain would still cost a bomb. Presumably we would offer a 4 year contract at 7.5m NET per year. From an accounting point of view (assuming we paid the EU94.5m buy out clause), that would equate to amortization of EU24m per year + 15m a year in gross wages = close to EU40m per year.

Couple of things worth pointing out though.

Morata. We sold Morata for 30m. The accounting profit we book is NOT 10m. In fact it is 18m because his amortization was 4m per year and he was with us for 2 years meaning his book value was 12m at the time of sale. Selling Morata saved us another 4m in amortization + 18m in profit + gross wages saved of 7-8m. That is 30m in total.

Zaza. If he is sold for 25m, Accounting profit is 9m + 4m saved in amortization + 4m in gross wages = 17m
Pereyra. If he is sold for 18m, we actually book a healthy accounting gain as I think his book value would be 8m = 10m profit plus 3m saved in amortization + 3-4m in gross wages = 16m

So Zaza + Morata + Pereyra = 63m in Year 1. In Year 2, that would drop to 26m (as the gains are one-off). Conveniently though, Coman if bought by Bayern the following year for 25m is 25m of PURE profit as we got him for free.

By year 3 we may have also sold Pogba which would balance the books by then and we would be all fine and dandy with regards to FFP.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care about what some people say here about him being a choker. People said the same thing about Tevez in the champions league too. He is the most prolific center forward in Europe full stop. Having Higuain, keeping Pogba and having this line-up: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alves, Pjanic, Marchisio, Pogba, Sandro, Dybala, Higuain - AND having subs like Benatia, Khedira, Mandzukic, and Pjaca means? Dare I say it, but we may actually be the favorites in the champions league.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

So you think Messi shouldnt be bought too given the chance?!
Higuain is great he is world class and is one of the best in the world there is no doubt about it
The only thing that should be considered is price vs quality and age if its worth it we should do it if not we should avoid it!
I`m not saying I`ll be disappointed with signing Higuain for some crazy money as we will be getting an amazing striker but I do think it would be unwise as he isnt exactly a youngster...

Should we get him I seriously believe we will win the CL - I see Barca as the only team ahead of us but we have a strong advantage with our defense! If we get to a final vs Barcelona - half a chance can get us a goal while they have a better attack but will have to face BBC so if we limit their possession and attack them I believe we will win it!

If two season ago I thought it was a 70-30 game I now think its a 55-45 (taking into account that all the players will gel like they should...)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
even the high earners at arsenal won't get 7,5m € net. and afaik pogba's not on the market either.

higuain is a good striker, but fucking expensive for his international record and his defensive abilities. yes, i've said it: a striker also must defend like mandzukic does, like cavani does, and unlike zlatan does. higuain is not a juve kind of player, still, if we keep pogba, i'm ok with higuan. but man, if we splash the pogba money on fucking 29-year-old higuain and his astronomical wages, then it's the worst move of the last 5 years. that'd be some wasted cash. the only player i'd accept as a pogba consolation is verratti. paying higuain's clause :sergio:

btw for 70m, we could probably have kept morata: considerably younger, on much lower wages, and he shows up on big occasions.
You cant be serious with the defensive abilities comment. Higuain is one of the more hardworking strikers you'll find , you're making it sound like he's some lazy sloth like Ibra. For god's sake , he scored 36 goals in 35 goals last season. It took 60 years for someone to break the top scorer record.

Higuain is one of the most complete strikers in the game. Robben was also consistently choking until he finally got rid of that tag in the final in 2013. Who's to say Higuain wont do the same ?! Especially when he plays for a real top club like Juve. And the same people calling him choker idolize Zlatan who's most probably worse at choking in big occasions.

As far as i know, Higuain scored against all of the top 4 of Serie A last season so please drop this overstated argument. I wont deny he's choked a number of times but he could very well easily get rid of that tag, now that he's in his prime, if he's playing for an elite club.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He's like a prima donna that never really got pampered the way he thought he deserved at Madrid. Then at Napoli he didn't win the trophies he thought he deserved and he would rightly feel that he's too good to waste himself at Napoli. Though I like it when Serie A has big names at other clubs and the competition is relatively even. He wants to win in a top club and he wants to feel special. Prima donnas aren't pampered at Juve, and it would hard not to be humbled by Buffon and Evra.
Nothing a few garlic sweets and a couple of weeks in the basement with Bonucci's motivating coach can't fix.
Convincing Pogba to stay one more year and cashing in on him next season. Thats whats gonna happen.
With Real out of the picture, next season might not be the best time to sell him.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Imagine if we can get Vidal back and play a 3-5-2 formation with Vidal playing a more defensive role than his first stint here with Pogba and Pjanic creating for Dybala and Higuain - with these 2 signings I think we will be even better than Barca even though their MSN trio is frightening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 181)