Gonzalo Higuaín (47 apps, 8 goals in CL and 43% chance conversion rate) (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
The source is Cadena Cope.
I dont know much about their reliability but if chelsea are seriously in for him,we can say goodbye to him already.
That being said he'd be a complete idiot to play under mou again seein the treatment he got at madrid.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
So you'd be content with just him as our "upgrade" upfront?
Nah, I'm really hoping we can sign one of the three big names we're being linked to. But it's a lot easier said than done, and at the end of the day, if none of them arrives, we would still have upgraded that area of the pitch with Llorente's arrival.

Based on our results last season, completely dominating in the Serie-A, I don't think the club is desperate to splash 30 million on a player at the moment. However, then there's Conte's demands, and I'm sure they'll try very hard to give him what he wants. But if the clubs keep asking for 30 million, I don't see us paying that.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I do think higuain will end up at one of the oil clubs tho.
Good relations or not,madrid are not that dumb to accept a lesser offer from us otherwise it wud be seen as a shady deal frm perez which wud leave the socios unimpressed.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Nah, I'm really hoping we can sign one of the three big names we're being linked to. But it's a lot easier said than done, and at the end of the day, if none of them arrives, we would still have upgraded that area of the pitch with Llorente's arrival.

Based on our results last season, completely dominating in the Serie-A, I don't think the club is desperate to splash 30 million on a player at the moment. However, then there's Conte's demands, and I'm sure they'll try very hard to give him what he wants. But if the clubs keep asking for 30 million, I don't see us paying that.
No one is saying it's easy Jem, but the way we do things, we make them seem impossible. You can't buy top players from top teams "on your terms".

Well, the club should be desperate to get someone better upfront if we really want to challenge and not just compete in Europe. I'd be disappointed if we don't, really.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
I do think higuain will end up at one of the oil clubs tho.
Good relations or not,madrid are not that dumb to accept a lesser offer from us otherwise it wud be seen as a shady deal frm perez which wud leave the socios unimpressed.
yup yup..... He'll end up at Arsenal, Man City, PSG or Monaco, Tevez will end up in Milan and we will be lucky to get JoJo... but since we won't over pay for him we will set our targets on players from mid/lower table Serie A teams and maybe end up paying $5Mil for someone + Diamante.... That will be our summer

- - - Updated - - -

BOTTOMLINE that Juve needs to start respecting.... If you want to be looked at by the big boys as a big boy you need to spend like a big boy. No one will give us charity, not Real, not PSg, not anyone. You want to talk the talk , you start walking the walk, or you just stay happy by winning Scudetti and keep bowing out in the Quarter finals of the CL. NO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE since 1996!!!!!! CMON!!!!!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

It's not as hard as you're making it out to be j. For eg. If City want 10m for Tevez, then that's not a hard deal to complete given that Marrotta himself has claimed that we could have an agree,ent with the player. The Higuain deal already looks like its in the works and that's what's stalling the Tevez deal. Fiorentina are playing hard ball on Jojo. And they know that Juve is the only real suitor for the player who himself wants to go there, which makes our task a little bit easier. If by mid July there are no other suitors, Fiorentina will sell him to us closer to the fee and deal we have in mind. 18-20m plus Marrone.

Point being, that it's as hard or as easy for any other club on this level when it comes to negotiations in Europe (not the money or buying power, the negotiation process). It's all about the approach. We need to stop playing the victims in our heads saying we don't have the money or it's really hard to get one of these three. It's not that hard if we have clarity in our mercato strategy. The minute you're aiming for a player of Higuain's profile for eg, you have to realize you're going to be paying top dollar. And we need to be prepared for that. The club have identified these targets, not the fans. They wouldn't have done so if we didn't have the money.

- - - Updated - - -

No one is saying it's easy Jem, but the way we do things, we make them seem impossible. You can't buy top players from top teams "on your terms".

Well, the club should be desperate to get someone better upfront if we really want to challenge and not just compete in Europe. I'd be disappointed if we don't, really.
Completely agree. It's all about intent. If you want a top player, then it's very likely you're not going to get him on your terms. At this level, you have to move with clear ideas on the mercato. So when you're dealing for a player like Higuain, you have to know that it's very unlikely you are going to get him for much less than 25m. You have to be prepared to pay that kind of figure. Which is what it'll eventually come to if he is our number 1 priority.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
It's not as hard as you're making it out to be j. For eg. If City want 10m for Tevez, then that's not a hard deal to complete given that Marrotta himself has claimed that we could have an agree,ent with the player. The Higuain deal already looks like its in the works and that's what's stalling the Tevez deal. Fiorentina are playing hard ball on Jojo. And they know that Juve is the only real suitor for the player who himself wants to go there, which makes our task a little bit easier. If by mid July there are no other suitors, Fiorentina will sell him to us closer to the fee and deal we have in mind. 18-20m plus Marrone.
you make it sound like all these clubs are waitng around for Juve and at our mercy. That's far from the reality here. The truth is that Real has Juve's proposal, they're now waiting for other suitors, using Juve as leverage so the Oil clubs start over bidding, once that happens JUve will bow out, like they did for Aguero few years back. Tevez, if could be had then they should jump on it if not Milan or Monaco will snatch him from under their nose. JoJo, same with him, if Juve wait too long an oil club will overpay to the point that Juve will stop persueing. The only thing that will save Juve is if JoJo imself says he only wants us and doesnt want to go to the PL. So in the end the only realistic target we have is Jojo if Tevez is not had in the next few days.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah, I'd be too. I really want to see us get another top player upfront, next to Llorente. But with the transfer fees and wages being mooted, I don't believe that "heads should roll" if we fail to acquire one.

True, there's still a lot of time, so like you; I remain hopeful ;)

To the Great Man :beer:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Also Higuain was given the approval of their god Maradona seme weeks ago. Theres no way he would dissobey the word of a god. No fukin way

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
you make it sound like all these clubs are waitng around for Juve and at our mercy. That's far from the reality here. The truth is that Real has Juve's proposal, they're now waiting for other suitors, using Juve as leverage so the Oil clubs start over bidding, once that happens JUve will bow out, like they did for Aguero few years back. Tevez, if could be had then they should jump on it if not Milan or Monaco will snatch him from under their nose. JoJo, same with him, if Juve wait too long an oil club will overpay to the point that Juve will stop persueing. The only thing that will save Juve is if JoJo imself says he only wants us and doesnt want to go to the PL. So in the end the only realistic target we have is Jojo if Tevez is not had in the next few days.
That's what I said. Whoever is our number one target, we have to be prepared to pay close to what is being asked of them, before the competition steps in. Madrid are not trying to open a bidding war for Higuain alone, they just want to get a coach first and foremost, so they can get a clearance to sell the player and make room for their next target. Higuain has officially been on the market for more than a month already, they had time to make all those statements, yet they only said all they did right now, coz they dont have a coach. It'll if anything keep everyone away till they have somebody to direct their market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)