Gonzalo Higuaín (47 apps, 8 goals in CL and 43% chance conversion rate) (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I rather keep Vidal than Pirlo. Vidal is irreplaceable. He allows Pirlo to do his magic, without Vidal, Pirlo would be ganged up on all match.

If we had to let one go, Vidal stays, Pirlo goes.

Especially if we get a creative forward like Jovetic.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've always thought wide players are a lot like that in general, aside from the very best. They have to make a lot of final third attempts, a final ball in or shot.
What I like about Di Maria is that he works much harder than most wingers.

Means that he isn't a complete liability to a team on his off days in the way that many wingers are.

I rather keep Vidal than Pirlo. Vidal is irreplaceable. He allows Pirlo to do his magic, without Vidal, Pirlo would be ganged up on all match.

If we had to let one go, Vidal stays, Pirlo goes.

Especially if we get a creative forward like Jovetic.
That's a pretty easy call to make when you consider Pirlo's age.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What are our chances in your opinion, feel free to give me a 'Mark' percentage out of 100 :D
In my non-mercato expert opinion, I'll say there is an excellent chance of this deal happening, so long as things continue as they are - with Juve appearing to be the only team with a serious interest in signing him.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Di Maria is unique in his own right the way Vidal is. To find a winger that has that skill and work rate is rare just like Vidal's defensive + offensive abilities are rare. Also left footed which is even more rare.

Di Maria can play in 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-4-2, and I wouldn't be that scared with him in a 3-5-2 against weak teams as he sometimes plays there for Real when chasing a goal.

For me, if they want to sell Di Maria, I just forget about Higuain and start talking Di Maria.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
In my non-mercato expert opinion, I'll say there is an excellent chance of this deal happening, so long as things continue as they are - with Juve appearing to be the only team with a serious interest in signing him.
Thanks Red, I guess being on good terms with Real should make this potential transaction an unstressful one :xfinger:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
If all the reports are true, perhaps we want to go with a 4-2-3-1 next season, Pogba and Vidal in midfield, Jovetić behind Higuain, Di Maria Left and Isla/Pepe right? It could be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)