Gonzalo Higuaín (47 apps, 8 goals in CL and 43% chance conversion rate) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerio

May 15, 2013
ilsussidiario:

"Ne abbiamo parlato con l'agente FIFA Filippo Vergani, che in esclusiva (...) ha fatto il punto sul mercato della Juventus. La Juventus punta Higuain, pista concreta? Sì, l'affare Higuain potrebbe davvero andare in porto.

We talked to FIFA-agent Filippo Vergani who covered news about Juve's transfer market. "Juve targets Higuain. The band begins to play?" "Yes, as a matter of fact it is possible that the Higuain-affair will be realized."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Probably asked several times, but here we go again.

In case we sign Higuain, would be people be happy? (if we don't sign any other forward besides him)

Llorente - Higuain partnership with Mirko/Gio (one being sold) and Matri as the back up.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

In case we sign Higuain, would be people be happy? (if we don't sign any other forward besides him)

Llorente - Higuain partnership with Mirko/Gio (one being sold) and Matri as the back up.
Am I the only one that thinks that a Llorente - Higuain partnership won't work? Seems way too static to be successful in modern football.

(I also don't work we should sign two strikers on high wages that are incompatible)

Jul 20, 2012

Id be very happy. I like how everyone simple bases a player based on their cl goals as people say higuain is a choker. However if we were going for players with a large amount of goals in cl why did we pick up LLorente? We brought Llorente in for his league goals. Vucinic- Giovinco is disgusting to watch

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one that thinks that a Llorente - Higuain partnership won't work? Seems way too static to be successful in modern football.

(I also don't work we should sign two strikers on high wages that are incompatible)
I dont think itll work too well also but if we got Diamanti and played him as a trequartista or someone who can play in that role I can see it working out

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Curiously, I bought an Argie newspaper yesterday "El Clarin" (biggest newspaper in Argentina) and it said that Juve are holding a meeting with Madrid TODAY.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: Not today... For some reason I thought it was Monday. It'll be on Monday.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

No.

Am I the only one that thinks that a Llorente - Higuain partnership won't work?

No.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'd be happy.

Our goal in the mercato is to upgrade/strength our attack. Going from Vucinic-Giovinco, to Llorente-Higuain is a huge upgrade.
Pretty much this.

It's Conte's job to worry about how he can sort out the strikers we sign, but the only thing that matters for us is we drastically improve our forward line. I don't think we will get all the pieces to the puzzle in this transfer window, but Pipita and Llorente is a fucking fantastic start.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010

Come on, we're coming from duos like Vuci-Matri, the most static strikeforce in the world. I think it could do wonders for this team and we'll rotate quite a bit anyways so I'd say we've accomplished solving the attacking department by signing Higuain.

Jun 13, 2007

Truthfully, I don't think we'll sign a big name. Attach for me, I don't see us getting anyone other than Diamanti, maybe. But then again, I say this based on the fact that I've seen this same story too many times before. We start the Mercato linked with every possible striker from Real Madrid to tue streets of Zimbabwe, and then after a few months. we end up getting someone who just above average.

In any case, as for your question, I would prefer that if we did get Llorente, we sign Jovetic or much less likely, Tevez. I think our problem this year has been that we don't have a proper prima punts, which is why we panic bought Bentdner and Anelka since Matri was becoming a liability. However, if the objective of this campaign is to challenge seriously in Europe, and unlike Conte, I do believe we are only a few signings away from that, then we should completely renovate our SS department.

I don't think either gio or Vuci are good enough to hack it at the top level. So, ultimately, I wouldn't be satisfied with just Higuain coming in because I want Juve to be a top 4 team in Europe next year. This decision will finally be up to Agnelli and co. We'll see how far they want to go by how they invest in attack. It will be interesting, for sure, but I'm not too hopeful.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I dont think Llorente and Higuain would be static, I could see it working. It would probably require one of our 3 mids to really get up the field and play that AM role though. If we stick with Asa and Licht as WB's.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We'll only have slightly less creativity than we already do, if that's the pairing - pretty much on Pirlo could be considered a creative player, where we used to be able to hope Mirko would help on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)