Gonzalo Higuaín (47 apps, 8 goals in CL and 43% chance conversion rate) (77 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2009
Really?! would a club involved in a conspiracy with other clubs from the same league to fix matches and is found guilty and relegated-not be "lower than Arsenal"?

All this hatred towards Arsenal and/or Arsenal supporters, and for what reason...because we are both after the same player? the way you lot are carrying on it's like it's the first time it's ever happened.

And you say we are "delusional", talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!!
Apart from his oppening sentence I think this guy has a point. I don't see how it's Arsenal's fault and they certainly were genuine about Higuian, if anyone was deluded it was us for thinking our transfer guru was capable of signing Higuian in the first place

Jun 22, 2013
Apart from his oppening sentence I think this guy has a point. I don't see how it's Arsenal's fault and they certainly were genuine about Higuian, if anyone was deluded it was us for thinking our transfer guru was capable of signing Higuian in the first place

I don't think it's delusional for any club to go after a player regardless of his price tag. what's delusional is the utter rubbish (and hatred) that some members here were talking.

You want to know real delusional fans, look at Spurs, Chelsea and Man City fans. they have to be some of the most delusional fans in England, if not the whole world.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
I don't think it's delusional for any club to go after a player regardless of his price tag. what's delusional is the utter rubbish (and hatred) that some members here were talking.

You want to know real delusional fans, look at Spurs, Chelsea and Man City fans. they have to be some of the most delusional fans in England, if not the whole world.
Most of the Arsenal fans I know are delusional. I have a friend who during the winter break thought and was sure that Arsenal will get Cavani for around 30M.

Jun 22, 2013
Most of the Arsenal fans I know are delusional. I have a friend who during the winter break thought and was sure that Arsenal will get Cavani for around 30M.
So what? by that logic every pundit and supporter who got a transfer rumour wrong is delusional....can i ask if you yourself have ever thought you would get a player for X amount-that didn't happen?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think it is more the fact that he thought he could get Cavani for that figure, it was never going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Aresenal fans are delusional as, always on their high horse. Not all of you, but a vast majority

Jun 22, 2013
I think it is more the fact that he thought he could get Cavani for that figure, it was never going to happen.

Obviously was never going to happen, you only have to look at the fact that a price tag was quoted to know it's pure speculation or transfer gossip probably whipped up by stupid media...does that make the guy delusional or simply naive for believing rumours and/or newspaper speculation?

I'm not going to lie, at that time Arsenal FC were not doing great in the league and there was a real chance we would finish outside of the CL spots, it's only natural for fans to start dreaming of better players to improve a squad that was having real problems scoring goals and maintaining leads.

that's not delusion talking, that's desperation.

edit: what high horse are you talking about? and which fans are you basing this attitude on, English fans based in England, or foreign fans?

Jun 22, 2013
So going by what im reading,Arsenal are set to break their wage structure for Higuain ?
130K a week seems like a lot of money.

I have no problem with that at all, because that money is from our own revenue, not some oil Sheik or dodgy arms dealing Russian oligarch.

As for the money, Arsenal are not to blame for that. Chelsea and Man City are more guilty of over paying transfer fees and wages than Arsenal are. but it's now a fact of modern football that if you want top players you have to pay top money, both in transfers and wages....is that Arsenals fault?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Obviously was never going to happen, you only have to look at the fact that a price tag was quoted to know it's pure speculation or transfer gossip probably whipped up by stupid media...does that make the guy delusional or simply naive for believing rumours and/or newspaper speculation?

I'm not going to lie, at that time Arsenal FC were not doing great in the league and there was a real chance we would finish outside of the CL spots, it's only natural for fans to start dreaming of better players to improve a squad that was having real problems scoring goals and maintaining leads.

that's not delusion talking, that's desperation.

edit: what high horse are you talking about? and which fans are you basing this attitude on, English fans based in England, or foreign fans?
Both, and yes everything you listed above is delusion. Who do you think has a better squad Juve or Arsenal? Which is a more attractive prospect for a player?

Mar 10, 2009
look Mr Arsenal Fan, I think some of us here are just angry why we are losing out again, but this time to a team who've been known to have been selling their best players and haven't won anything since 2005. This Higuian thing was what just broke the camels back for some people, nothing personal.

Having said that we should have known better since we were supposedly "close to signing"; Dzeko, Augero, RVP recently, and ended with Toni, Bentnar and Anelka

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I have no problem with that at all, because that money is from our own revenue, not some oil Sheik or dodgy arms dealing Russian oligarch.

As for the money, Arsenal are not to blame for that. Chelsea and Man City are more guilty of over paying transfer fees and wages than Arsenal are. but it's now a fact of modern football that if you want top players you have to pay top money, both in transfers and wages....is that Arsenals fault?
That's true :D

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I dint say that it is Arsenal's fault but if they are indeed offering more money in transfer fees and wages then there's nothing we can do.
The Juve board went about this transfer as an opportunity signing but with more teams in the race now offering

- - - Updated - - -

*More money ,u know it was never going to materialize

Jun 22, 2013
look Mr Arsenal Fan, I think some of us here are just angry why we are losing out again, but this time to a team who've been known to have been selling their best players and haven't won anything since 2005. This Higuian thing was what just broke the camels back for some people, nothing personal.

Having said that we should have known better since we were supposedly "close to signing"; Dzeko, Augero, RVP recently, and ended with Toni, Bentnar and Anelka

And you don't think Arsenal fans are angry? assuming you are alone in your anger IS what i call delusional. we lost hazard and Mata to that mid-table scum club, Chel$ea-and ended up with Gervinho, Santos, Squillaci etc.

As for not having won anything sice 2005, does Wenger not have the right to rectify that by trying to sign players who he thinks will make the difference and allow AFC to at least start challenging for honours again? how exactly is he supposed to rectify that situation without strengthening?

Now you are starting to sound like an Arsenal fan during the past 8 years. make no mistake, you are not the only fans of a club who are angry with the situation at your club....but that's no reason to hate another club!

As i said, i'm not going to hate your club for something as stupid as wanting the same player. but if it makes you lot feel good, more power to you.

Anyways, i've said what i had to say, take it as you will.

Ciao!

Mar 10, 2009
^^

Dude we're Juventus fans, Arsenal may have been going through the same thing but quite frankly without being harsh I couldn't care less because they're not the team I support.

People are feeling emotional ATM, did you honestly think registering here would change their mind?

End of the day it looks like your the one who'll end up with Higuian go celebrate with the rest of the Arsenal fans on your forum.

later

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Hi Interdestroyer. I disagree that Marotta is best DS in Europe. I think best sporting director in Europe right now is Monaco guy. He sign Falcao to 2nd division club. This is unbelievable achievement. If Marotta at Monaco he sign Boriello and Bendtner for price of Falcao.
Give it up son, it's getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)