• Michel Salgado (Real Madrid)

• Paul Scholes (Manchester United)

• Andriy Shevchenko (Milan)

• Lilian Thuram (Juventus)

• Francesco Toldo (Inter)

• Francesco Totti (Roma)

• Hatem Trabelsi (Ajax Amsterdam)

• David Trezeguet (Juventus)

• Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United)

• Patrick Vieira (Arsenal)

• Christian Vieri (Inter)

• Sylvain Wiltord (Arsenal)

• Gianluca Zambrotta (Juventus)

• Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid)

• Pavel Nedved (Juventus)

Results are only viewable after voting.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Ok back to topic....What if Pippo won the Golden Ball? Would it be worse than what happened on May 28th, 2003?? OK OK he won't..but what if...He is nominated..Hey, did he ever get nominated when he was with you guys??

P.S. To the poster a few posts back: Platini is not fit to clean MVB's practice cleats. (borrowed a line from Rickenbacker2)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Ok back to topic....What if Pippo won the Golden Ball? Would it be worse than what happened on May 28th, 2003?? OK OK he won't..but what if...He is nominated..Hey, did he ever get nominated when he was with you guys??

P.S. To the poster a few posts back: Platini is not fit to clean MVB's practice cleats. (borrowed a line from Rickenbacker2)
*cough, Platini is just as good as Van Basten, just a different player. There's no need to put him down like that...

And if Pippo won the Golden Ball, it would simply devalue the award. No one would care about it anymore. They'd have to give it to someone who actually deserves it, otherwise, it would mean nothing.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
And if Pippo won the Golden Ball, it would simply devalue the award. No one would care about it anymore. They'd have to give it to someone who actually deserves it, otherwise, it would mean nothing.
They already accomplished that giving it to Owen. :rolleyes:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
They already accomplished that giving it to Owen. :rolleyes:
:LOL: well, this would further devalue it then, even more so. I mean Owen at least is the best player on his team and carried them to some success.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Your right PIPPO demolishing the group of death in ways Juve thought not possible or sorry while they later TIED Deportivo was not enough
Please gentleman..and you never answered my question..Was he nominated with JuVE?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Whether he was or not (i don't know for sure, which is why i'm not replying your question, so don't say i'm sidestepping it), i think it has more to do with the player than the team. His great form in the CL with Milan could well have been to do with the individual improving as a player.

I say this because i know where you're going with the Pippo arguement

gray

Apr 22, 2003
You're right, the award was tarnished when Sammer and Owen received it.

I don't think Maldini deserves the golden ball as much as Nedved last
season, but I do think Maldini should get a lifetime achievement award.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Its not about lifetime achievement. Considering his team won three cups and he was one of the main and MOST CONSISTENT reason why and considering his comeback from WC 2002 after everyone called him finished its should be his. In addition, he was one of the best defenders last season but like I said I believe:
His being Italian.
His being a defender.
Moggi's PR and Spin-doctor skills...will not see him get it.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
WTF r u talking about :wth:

Why would his being Italian have anything to do with him not winning it? So you're saying that an Italian's PR skills would make a Czech win this award?

Nedved said himself, that the biggest barrier to him getting the award is the fact that he's Czech.

Stop saying that Moggi has so much influence over the award. and take a look at who your president is FFS!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
To Alex the Moderator: I'd like to bring Rickenbacker 2's posts to your attention vis-a-vis the rules copy and pasted below. I believe that in reviewing his posts it is clear his personal attacks violate the rules. moreover, he seems to be following me from thread to thread to respond to me directly on a personal level rather than talk about the discussion at hand. I assume the rules apply to all regardless if I have been accused of this in the past. I have been warned, I feel it fair that the same rules apply to others. Anyhow, your the Moderator. Thanks

. Mutual respect
The key aspect of successful interaction in a community comprising any set of members is respect. All participants, Juve fans or not, want to be respected, regardless of their heritage, geographical location, age, gender, financial situation, political background and culture. That kind of mutual respect is exactly what we wish to achieve. Therefore we ask you to respect other posters, recognize that your point-of-view is not the only possible one, and encourage them to participate in the forums. That way your position will be respected and others will feel comfortable as well.

Should you disagree with someone, respect them for who they are and do not make personal attacks. Imagine yourself in the other person's situation. Surely, you wouldn't like someone attacking you? Keep a cool head in a situation of conflict and keep in mind that the wiser man will step down. If you feel someone is attacking you, stay clear of them. If the problem persists, contact a moderator to solve the problem.

4. Personal attacks
Personal attacks, either in the forums or through the private messaging system shall be reported to your moderator. These situations shall be regarded as serious and the posters involved should expect appropriate measures to be taken against them.

U think that RIck2 will be banned because of this ? :LOL:

Jul 12, 2002
Its not about lifetime achievement. Considering his team won three cups and he was one of the main and MOST CONSISTENT reason why and considering his comeback from WC 2002 after everyone called him finished its should be his. In addition, he was one of the best defenders last season but like I said I believe:
His being Italian.
His being a defender.
Moggi's PR and Spin-doctor skills...will not see him get it.
If this is true and you actually do come up with some evidence for it, I'm just going to have to laugh. I mean, Moggi will have out smarted you Rossoneri again. But, still, what you are suggesting is astronomically unlikely. The only reason that Maldini won't get he award is because he was not the best player in europe last year.

Aug 1, 2003
hello, i am sallyinzaghi, i am a peace maker (at least i think so) and here are my point of views after lazingly reading all the posts.

incuborossonero, please dont bash me as this is my point of view after reading your posts:

1. Pavel Nedved aka Goldilocks on Prozac (Im sorry, I just think its a real funny nickname :LOL: )

IncuboRossonero, I feel greatly sorry for you if you are annoyed that Nedved's name pops up everytime you read something, I understand that, but please bear in mind that Nedved was truly exceptional last season and thus deserve this award. I know he tends to exaggerate his injury, but that one mistake could not overshadow his massive talents and skills.

2. Filippo Inzaghi :heart:

Pippo undoubtedly deserve to be in the list, he's done a lot for Milan last season. I secretly wish he could win, but realistically he would not. Although his goals were important and brought Milan to the final, it was more of a team effort and his presence did not affect Milan as Nedved is to Juve.

3. Paolo Maldini

Great player, I have to admit. But this is player of the year award, not the player of the century. Like I said, Maldini is superb but not exactly outstanding all alone for Milan last season. If there is a player of the century award I would have vote for him.

4. Gianluigi Buffon

As I understand it you prefer Buffon winning this than Milan. Yes he is a good goalie I agree, his saves are important and we might have lost before the penalties had it not been for him. But he already won UEFA player of the year, and as important as his saves are, I believe Nedved's presence is more important (not that I am ignoring Buffon)

well, thats all I have to say. Thank you for your time.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

4. Gianluigi Buffon

As I understand it you prefer Buffon winning this than Milan. Yes he is a good goalie I agree, his saves are important and we might have lost before the penalties had it not been for him.
EDITED because i said something stupid. That's like, the 4th time in as many days... i should really get some sleep :sleepy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)