God (1 Viewer)

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    I hate the idea of the christian god ie: Organised religion, devote your sundays to the lord etc. If there was a true creator, he created us to live our life to the fullest, not to be bullied and scared into worshiping him.

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by iBianconeri ] ++
    Well geniuses, you guys are very quick to dismiss the existence of God because you can't see him or hear him. And plz don't tell me that's not why, you know it is! Azzuri, you said noone has ever heard him, well that's not true, a lot of ppl have, most of the time they call themselves Prophets. Whether it be Jesus, Moses, or Muhammad (SAW). When 'false' people make up things like that, they are usually proven wrong. If anyone is interested and truly wants to know whether God exists, just pray, give it a try. Just like you do an experiment in the lab to prove a theory right or wrong, before you can make a decision. Pray in what ever language, in what ever words you wish. If he exists, he'll reveal himself to you. But not a half-ass try, a real try. Pray for a few months, and you don't have to take time out of your 'busy' schedule, you can do this before you go to bed. Then come back and tell.

The world was flat, 'til someone proved that theory wrong...if u know what i mean..

PS: this is not an attack on anyone, certainly you are entitled to your opinion...( i stress opinion)
    :blah:

Worthless.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Believing "in God" includes believing in his existance.

I think you mean that you "pretend to believe in him."

We've been through this in the forums before. I honestly don't have the time to go through all this again.
    yes, i force myself and pretend.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #47
    ++ [ originally posted by turdface ] ++

Because he screwed me over.

I wont pretend to care about the world, not my problem. I hate 'god' for my own reasons.
    I dont know your problems, but in all probability, its the world thats ****ed you. Apologies if i am prying into things that i shouldnt.

turdface

Mar 1, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

I dont know your problems, but in all probability, its the world thats ****ed you. Apologies if i am prying into things that i shouldnt.
    Shit world then. Im generally unlucky. Everything I touch turns to shit.

But oh well.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by turdface ] ++
    All I can say is that God is gay. If there is a God I hate him.
    I'd like to hear some reasons?? why do you think God is a gay?? I mean it's annoying saying some BS while you explain...Some ppl might get offended of your spammin....

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #50
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

I'd like to hear some reasons?? why do you think God is a gay?? I mean it's annoying saying some BS while you explain...Some ppl might get offended of your spammin....
    You would have to be a pretty sensitive pansy to let the opinions of an internet forum poster offend you

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

You would have to be a pretty sensitive pansy to let the opinions of an internet forum poster offend you
    ffs, you explain things on your own, am trying to make YOUR thread a great debate between us. Trying to catch each one his point of View.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #54
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

ffs, you explain things on your own, am trying to make YOUR thread a great debate between us. Trying to catch each one his point of View.
    Oh sorry, i forgot you are doing a noble deed trying to make my thread better. I should remember my place and kiss your ass. Sorry once again!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

I don't understand these kinds of comments.you don't have the time?ok don't post then in this thread,we have a similar thread?ok why do you care about it? people are discussing here so pay respect..
    Then I'll help you understand.

1. I mean no disrespect.
    2. Yes, I don't have time so I just browse the form every now and then I participate in small discussions to kill time between classes. When dealing with touchy subjects, I always like to take my time writing a response to make sure that I'm not offending anyone and not making any mistakes. So my input here won't be provided.
    3. Members like me, Graham, Zlatan, and John have engaged in religious discussions before and, at least for myself, I feel responsible to 'represent' my belief/religioun. Not that others can't cover for me, but I'd just like to acknowledge that I have given my input before and it's available somewhere on the forums. For those interested, there's the search option above. As to why I don't provide a link, see point 2.

I don't see how my post was offensive/disrespectful. I doubt that Graham and Zlatan have either because they even quoted me.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    I am going to Church on Sunday. First time since I took my fiancee home to show my parents.

I'll pray for Claire, Burke and the rest o y'all unbelievers. :D

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    One day, when I was a freshman in high school,

I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school.

His name was Kyle.

It looked like he was carrying all of his books.

I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday?

He must really be a nerd."

I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.

As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him.

They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt.

His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him.

He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes

My heart went out to him . So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye.

As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks.

They really should get lives.

" He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!"

There was a big smile on his face.

It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.

I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived.

As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before.

He said he had gone to private school before now.

I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.

We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books.

He turned out to be a pretty cool kid.

I asked him if he wanted to play a little football with my friends.

He said yes.

We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and my friends thought the same of him.

Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again.

I stopped him and said, "Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!

" He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Over the next four years, ! Kyle and I became best friends.

When we were seniors, we began to think about college.

Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke.

I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem.

He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.

Kyle was valedictorian of our class.

I teased him all the time about being a nerd.

He had to prepare a speech for graduation.

I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak

Graduation day, I saw Kyle .

He looked great.

He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school.

He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.

He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him.

Boy, sometimes I was jealous.

Today was one of those days.

I could see that he was nervous about his speech.

So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!"

He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled.

"Thanks," he said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began:

"Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years.

Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostly your friends...

I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them.

I am going to tell you a story."

I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met .

He had planned to kill himself over the weekend.

He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home.

He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.

"Thankfully, I was saved.

My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable."

I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment.

I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile.

Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.

Never underestimate the power of your actions.

With one small gesture you can change a person's life.

For better or for worse.

God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)