Global Warming Discussion (12 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
And r u sure that understand how I intended to be funny?
Isn't it funny when someone relevant slaps down narrative government's and their propaganda are so vocal about that people are main reason for climate change. Plastic straws are guilty for majority of air pollution so let's cut down trees that purify the air to make paper straws. madness!
All their narrative is wrongly addressed, all the money are spent on something that's wrong side of the problem. Maybe you are right, it isn't funny it's sad that so many people don't understand what's wrong.
can you show 3 different sources that claimed plastic straws are guilty of majority of air pollution

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
guise imagine for a moment that global warming and climate change were actually real things

Dream with me bradars
Imagine if the earth was actually round and not flat… #mindblown

- - - Updated - - -

Me choosing to believe in real scientists instead some random influencers is "whataboutism", gotcha!
Ya know, the vast majority of climate scientists believe human-caused climate change is a real thing…

But you stick to that narrative that it’s random influencers only and all the scientists know climate change is fake…

Here’s one of those pesky random influencers telling lies!

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-scientists-agree-on-climate-change/

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

All these list scien… I mean random influencers. How could they!?!?

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/ac2966

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Conspiracy theorists be like:

‘99.9% of scientists, who’ve spent decades of their life studying these subjects are wrong and biased, but the 0.1% of scientists who happen to agree with me and the research I did on facebook and reddit are absolutely right.’

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Maybe wiki Dr Judith Curry first. She might have credentials but is very fringe. I know it's increasingly attractive these days to be drawn in by people like this. If you set out to be a denier then I suppose she's great.

I don't think paper straws are particularly the answer, think we need to move away from many single use items but producing straws is a fraction of the issue. One thing I know for certain is that if we just shrug our shoulders and do nothing then it isn't going to magically fix itself.
Simple solution. Stainless steel straws. Even better than plastic imo.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Imagine if the earth was actually round and not flat… #mindblown

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know, the vast majority of climate scientists believe human-caused climate change is a real thing…

But you stick to that narrative that it’s random influencers only and all the scientists know climate change is fake…

Here’s one of those pesky random influencers telling lies!

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-scientists-agree-on-climate-change/

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

All these list scien… I mean random influencers. How could they!?!?

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/ac2966
Conspiracy theorists be like:

‘99.9% of scientists, who’ve spent decades of their life studying these subjects are wrong and biased, but the 0.1% of scientists who happen to agree with me and the research I did on facebook and reddit are absolutely right.’
There was time when "rEal sCieNTiSts", or 99% of them claimed that earth was center of the universe. Anyone who was not agreeing was burned alive. This doesn't mean they were right.
I totally agree that climate is changing, it was happening during all history of mankind even when there was no industry to effect it. What bothers me is narrative of the elite and their shameless propaganda to use it to gain money, power and control. Until one-two years ago it was "global warming", when that bubble burst, they changed it to "climate change".

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
This is one of those topics that seperates people. Majority are lazy and cannot have constructive criticism and seeking for easy and lazy solutions and therefore, accepting alot of shit to be true in their just to have easier days to go through. Humans have been seeking truth on everything forever and if they don't know the truth, they will make up one just to be in peace with themselves. I won't fall on this trap of global warming, just because somebody says it's true or false. I keep all options open on everything, all the big discussions on the world just because they're all money related, as the world is. People shouldn't forget that. Nothing happens without reason in this current world. We are totally in control of everything literally.

Jun 16, 2020
And r u sure that understand how I intended to be funny?
Isn't it funny when someone relevant slaps down narrative government's and their propaganda are so vocal about that people are main reason for climate change. Plastic straws are guilty for majority of air pollution so let's cut down trees that purify the air to make paper straws. madness!
All their narrative is wrongly addressed, all the money are spent on something that's wrong side of the problem. Maybe you are right, it isn't funny it's sad that so many people don't understand what's wrong.
Climate is changing like it has always changed. How much human activity influences the change remains up to discussion if you ask me, or better asked are al those billions we throw at it worth it. Looking to everything very black and white; would it be better for our health and environment if we have cleaner energy? The answer is obvious. Does it justify the burden on our generation on a relatively small timeframe in which we try to change our whole system where we are dependent on fossil fuels? Personally I doubt that, it has to stay realistic.

Some things don’t change for the better, like the tax on plastic or unnecessary costs for the normal civilian. Or subsidies who are really unfair, electrical vehicles who are heavily subsidised here, but obviously are financially out of reach for people with a lesser to normal income, while fossil fuels are double taxed here. It benefits the higher earners in our society so far.

Other things are for the better. Better air quality, becoming energy independent, better isolation for houses, innovation and more space for nature (more trees and stuff). I really support those things.

I think that the mass hysteria is one of the pitfalls in this debate. The world won’t end if it’s a few degrees hotter. In general humans and megafauna flourished during warmer periods, look to the medieval warm period, or the Holocene Thermal Optimum, the period where human civilisation started after the Younger Dryas. Looking to climate on a bigger scale its definitely easier to live during a warmer period than a colder. Imagine living during a ice age. Than there’s the stuff I debated earlier, If we expect more water, go and invest more to reinforce the infrastructure instead of lobbying my house into more isolation. Safety definitely goes first

The monotheism is annoying though. ‘This has to happen and every argument against it gets ridiculed’. It happened during covid, it happens mostly against right politicians (at least where I live) and it’s the same in this debate. I would like to see a more open discussion about it on tv

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
There was time when "rEal sCieNTiSts", or 99% of them claimed that earth was center of the universe. Anyone who was not agreeing was burned alive. This doesn't mean they were right.
I totally agree that climate is changing, it was happening during all history of mankind even when there was no industry to effect it. What bothers me is narrative of the elite and their shameless propaganda to use it to gain money, power and control. Until one-two years ago it was "global warming", when that bubble burst, they changed it to "climate change".
So you think you Facebook researchers are like Copernicus, Newton and Einstein?
Laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Climate is changing like it has always changed. How much human activity influences the change remains up to discussion if you ask me, or better asked are al those billions we throw at it worth it. Looking to everything very black and white; would it be better for our health and environment if we have cleaner energy? The answer is obvious. Does it justify the burden on our generation on a relatively small timeframe in which we try to change our whole system where we are dependent on fossil fuels? Personally I doubt that, it has to stay realistic.

Some things don’t change for the better, like the tax on plastic or unnecessary costs for the normal civilian. Or subsidies who are really unfair, electrical vehicles who are heavily subsidised here, but obviously are financially out of reach for people with a lesser to normal income, while fossil fuels are double taxed here. It benefits the higher earners in our society so far.

Other things are for the better. Better air quality, becoming energy independent, better isolation for houses, innovation and more space for nature (more trees and stuff). I really support those things.

I think that the mass hysteria is one of the pitfalls in this debate. The world won’t end if it’s a few degrees hotter. In general humans and megafauna flourished during warmer periods, look to the medieval warm period, or the Holocene Thermal Optimum, the period where human civilisation started after the Younger Dryas. Looking to climate on a bigger scale its definitely easier to live during a warmer period than a colder. Imagine living during a ice age. Than there’s the stuff I debated earlier, If we expect more water, go and invest more to reinforce the infrastructure instead of lobbying my house into more isolation. Safety definitely goes first

The monotheism is annoying though. ‘This has to happen and every argument against it gets ridiculed’. It happened during covid, it happens mostly against right politicians (at least where I live) and it’s the same in this debate. I would like to see a more open discussion about it on tv
I do agree with your overall sentiment- there’s a lot more to the environment outside of climate change such as ocean plastics, toxic pollutants, deforestation, soil and water quality etc.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
So you think you Facebook researchers are like Copernicus, Newton and Einstein?
Laughable.
No, I think u must be stupid to believe that 1 percent of scientists who don't go with a flow are certainly wrong.

Once again for you add DAiDEViL, I except climate change is real (I don't claim it's hoax) but I don't believe it is 100% man caused as elite is trying to sell it.
U Picciriddu explained it nicely in above posts, I completely agree with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)