Global Warming Discussion (11 Viewers)

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Think there needs to be a distinction made between natural severe and sudden cyclical climate change that can and will happen in periods of thousands of years, and the scientific concensus that the driving factor of the current issue is anthropogenic.

For example ozone depletion is partly caused by natural phenomena, but it's clear that human causal and preventative action is the biggest factor in how it is managed. It's just easier for us to focus on a hole in a fixed spot and fear being melted by the sun than it us to see the bigger impact of what a rise in a few degrees means over a few decades.
It's not corect that severe climate changes only occur in thousands of years. For example there is well documented period in medieval Europe where mini ice age occurred causing failure of crops and food production for couple of years followed by great hunger all over the continent.

And that "scientific consensus" is bullshit promoted by politicians, journalists, government authorities and influencers-environmentalists. There are more than two thousands scientists who oppose the reasons or if climate change should be called crisis.

I don't claim any of the sides is absolutely right or wrong. I just want to have opposite arguments and discussion.
Somehow closing the cow farms in Nederland, Denmark, UK etc. doesn't appear to me like right solution for stopping the climate change!

Buy on AliExpress.com

AlexDP705

Jul 10, 2018
Isn’t this very debatable, warming went very fast after the Younger Dryas. On local levels such as Greenland up to 10 degrees celcius in a decade, although the northern hemisphere was effected a lot more by warming than the southern hemisphere.

IMG_2641.png
Yea I think the "10x faster" studies look at global temperature changes and compare that to the global transition after ice ages which can take thousands of years overall, in which case more abrupt regional events like Greenland in YD are less significant over such timescales (though it was for sure a significant event itself). What differentiates current warming to events like this one and others like medieval warm period is how the temperature rise is more uniform across the globe rather than being focused to one region/hemisphere.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And that "scientific consensus" is bullshit promoted by politicians, journalists, government authorities and influencers-environmentalists.
Ok, I thought it might be. I guess YouTube experts and conspiracist sites sound more attractive when the reality isn't very nice and cause people an amount of inconvenience.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Ok, I thought it might be. I guess YouTube experts and conspiracist sites sound more attractive when the reality isn't very nice and cause people an amount of inconvenience.
They are good enough to win Nobel prize but if they dare to say something against the popular flow, same scientists turn into YouTube experts and conspiracy theorists. Gottchya!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's not corect that severe climate changes only occur in thousands of years. For example there is well documented period in medieval Europe where mini ice age occurred causing failure of crops and food production for couple of years followed by great hunger all over the continent.

And that "scientific consensus" is bullshit promoted by politicians, journalists, government authorities and influencers-environmentalists. There are more than two thousands scientists who oppose the reasons or if climate change should be called crisis.

I don't claim any of the sides is absolutely right or wrong. I just want to have opposite arguments and discussion.
Somehow closing the cow farms in Nederland, Denmark, UK etc. doesn't appear to me like right solution for stopping the climate change!
What do they gain by lying?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They are good enough to win Nobel prize but if they dare to say something against the popular flow, same scientists turn into YouTube experts and conspiracy theorists. Gottchya!
You mean like John Clauser, the theoretical physicist, I presume? I wonder what Barack Obama or Henry Kissinger said about global warming.

I think a lot of this is down to the media especially in the West giving more coverage to skeptics (in many fields) than they do to scientists, simply because it's more entertaining and sparking of debate, to feel like goverment, big pharma, oil companies etc are all out for us. The concensus isn't that interesting.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
And you think big corporations aren’t funding the few “experts” you bring up that are arguing against man-made climate change? Lol
I never said that, I only want to be able to hear both sides.
I think a lot of this is down to the media especially in the West giving more coverage to skeptics (in many fields) than they do to scientists, simply because it's more entertaining and sparking of debate, to feel like goverment, big pharma, oil companies etc are all out for us. The concensus isn't that interesting.
Maybe you are right and debate should be sparked.

Jun 16, 2020
You mean like John Clauser, the theoretical physicist, I presume? I wonder what Barack Obama or Henry Kissinger said about global warming.

Honestly it’s very much the opposite. Very little room for different voices. If I look to themes that dominated the political debate last years; Covid, LGBTQ and climate there was little room for people going against measurements. If you see someone going against it you usually get the rhetorics you used a comment or 6 ago; the conspiracy card or being ridiculed.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Honestly it’s very much the opposite. Very little room for different voices. If I look to themes that dominated the political debate last years; Covid, LGBTQ and climate there was little room for people going against measurements. If you see someone going against it you usually get the rhetorics you used a comment or 6 ago; the conspiracy card or being ridiculed.
Aside from the fact that in the US Fox News is the most watched news channel out there and has been banging on the Covid fake, vaccines bad, climate change is a hoax, LGBTQ agenda is evil, etc.

And it’s the same here in Canada with the Postmedia group, which owns like all the major newspapers in the country, and with National Post online news as well. We call them Fox News North.

Jun 16, 2020
Aside from the fact that in the US Fox News is the most watched news channel out there and has been banging on the Covid fake, vaccines bad, climate change is a hoax, LGBTQ agenda is evil, etc.

And it’s the same here in Canada with the Postmedia group, which owns like all the major newspapers in the country, and with National Post online news as well. We call them Fox News North.
I really can’t speak for your part of the world. Here there’s a more right oriented program everyday between 8 and 10 (when everyone is working), after diner there are two consecutive left oriented programs. It’s been a topic of discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)