Global Warming Discussion (6 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
yeah the planet is getting completely fucked.

It might be too late to reverse anything, while old farts like Trump keep making decision.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
To think I moved to Lisbon and am enjoying that the temps here rarely get above 25ºC this summer. :wine:

Meanwhile it's 30ºC in the Arctic...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'll just re-post what I said in the other thread:

I'm 27 (soon 28) and I'll tell you that this is by far the worst summer that I have ever witnessed. 90% of June and all of the July, we didn't have hot days. Or we had like 5 of them. It was ALWAYS raining and full of clouds. Doesn't even feel like summer. Today we had 28 and it was sunny (after a long time) and now we'll have another 3 days of rain. Then one day 30 and another 3 days of rain. We never had such weather here. It was always very hot and 33-40 degrees with barely any rain. It's really depressing. Not that I like conspiracy theories but this WC made me wonder as Russians always fire those rockets in the clouds to prevent rain for the big events (military parade, etc.).

And one more thing. Despite the shitty summer, gotta say how weather is totally fucked up for sure. I remember when I was a kid, I used to wear long sleeves during the night as it was cold-ish. It was also 30 degrees but grass was green. Nowadays it's totally different. Grass is yellow, burned and drained, looks totally dead. During the night you can hardly breathe. You also get sun burn after like 30 minutes which was impossible 10-15 years ago. I'm no expert nor I read books about climate change, but from my experience, the weather difference is huge in not so big time interval.
^ still hasn't changed. We have a full 7-8 days of clouds/rain and sucky weather. I can't fucking believe it's July.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Tomayto, tomahto, isn't it?
The increase in tomato crops is a main factor for climate change, you’re right.

- - - Updated - - -

Unsustainable tomato farming needs to stop.

- - - Updated - - -

The main reason for global warming is still by far cows.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
This is what we do at home. House has solar panels all led lighting and solar exterior lights. Have radiant floor heating with on demand water heat. Organic foods and natural or organic cleaners , soaps , shampoos etc
Both our vehicles get over 31mpg ( mine will be electric next ). We have a large garden and a little composter. We live two blocks from main street and walk almost every where and we drive only 6 miles to and from work.
I'm putting this out there so no one can paint me with a broad brush

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
This is what we do at home. House has solar panels all led lighting and solar exterior lights. Have radiant floor heating with on demand water heat. Organic foods and natural or organic cleaners , soaps , shampoos etc
Both our vehicles get over 31mpg ( mine will be electric next ). We have a large garden and a little composter. We live two blocks from main street and walk almost every where and we drive only 6 miles to and from work.
I'm putting this out there so no one can paint me with a broad brush
Good man.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
@Pegi

Earth's axial obliquity shifts between 22.1° and 24.5° in cycles of 41,000 years

Earth's axial wobble toward/away from the Sun is in cycles of 21,000 years

Eccentricity of Earth's orbit shifts between 0 and 0.5 every ~100,000 years, with another longer periodicity of every ~413,000 years

Positive combination of these factors plus the Abedo effect = Ice Age every ~100,000 years.

These are the factors towards natural temperature changes caused by the planet's position. Not an explanation for the spiralling rise in temperatures in the post-war period.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
@Pegi

Earth's axial obliquity shifts between 22.1° and 24.5° in cycles of 41,000 years

Earth's axial wobble toward/away from the Sun is in cycles of 21,000 years

Eccentricity of Earth's orbit shifts between 0 and 0.5 every ~100,000 years, with another longer periodicity of every ~413,000 years

Positive combination of these factors plus the Abedo effect = Ice Age every ~100,000 years.

These are the factors towards natural temperature changes caused by the planet's position. Not an explanation for the spiralling rise in temperatures in the post-war period.
I love numbers however my current source about it are (as Dai mentioned) Kim, Greta, Leo, Trump and a couple of guys on twitter and as far I can tell it looks you know a lot about the subject.

What about the industrial activity? Ozone hole? Millions years ice melting? Do you have numbers about it too? Honest question, I'm too lazy to search for something not related to Juve or work

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I love numbers however my current source about it are (as Dai mentioned) Kim, Greta, Leo, Trump and a couple of guys on twitter and as far I can tell it looks you know a lot about the subject.

What about the industrial activity? Ozone hole? Millions years ice melting? Do you have numbers about it too? Honest question, I'm too lazy to search for something not related to Juve or work
I'm not an expert by any means. What I posted above was the important parts of the video outlined.

As far as I know with the Ozone layer it is not an immediate cause for concern since we banned CFCs. Greenhouse gases are the pressing issue, firstly CO2 but more seriously methane and N2O.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)