Global Warming Discussion (5 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
As a meteorologist, I have not once seen a convincing argument that proves global warming is anything more than changes in climatological patterns. Most of the major synoptic weather events are caused by changes in teleconnections, which are pressure and temperature differences on a hemispheric scale. To say that global warming or humans created the 80 inches of snowfall South of Buffalo is complete garbage, or any extreme weather event for that matter.

ZOMG, it is going to be 15 degree above average on Monday, global warming. ZOMG, some place in Pakistan got decimated by an EF2 tornado, it's global warming.

Meanwhile, Al Gore has 17 houses that use billions of gigawatts a week and consumes 8000 barrels of oil to run his fleet of private jets, the fuucking con-artist.
Clearly glaciers are melting though. Look at pictures from Glacier National Park or various places in Alaska from the early nineties and compare them to what you see now: the difference is incredible.

I do not know nearly enough about climate to say anything remotely well founded about this argument, but it is an observation that is there for everyone to make.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #202
    Clearly glaciers are melting though. Look at pictures from Glacier National Park or various places in Alaska from the early nineties and compare them to what you see now: the difference is incredible.

I do not know nearly enough about climate to say anything remotely well founded about this argument, but it is an observation that is there for everyone to make.
    But is the reason they are melting because of a man-made problem?

It's also reported Antarctica is growing and the ice is thicker than once thought.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    But is the reason they are melting because of a man-made problem?

It's also reported Antarctica is growing and the ice is thicker than once thought.
    Oh, climate change has been going on for millions of years. I have no idea whether this particular melting is because of something we did or if we could even prevent it. It is merely an observation on my part.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #204
    Oh, climate change has been going on for millions of years. I have no idea whether this particular melting is because of something we did or if we could even prevent it. It is merely an observation on my part.
    My take on this is simple: We (In the states) have a military industrial complex. I also think we have one for climate change/global warming/climate disruption....or whatever name they come up with next.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I mean you can certainly say that global warming increases the chances of such things happening or the average magnitude of these events
    Please show evidence of that along with sources and data. Please be sure to tie the evidence strictly to man-made global warming causing extreme weather events. Please show me the meteorological data.

- - - Updated - - -

Glaciers melt, glaciers freeze. This is what happens when you have a planet flying around in space for millions of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)