Global Financial Crisis (7 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Is it finally happening?

No, it has to be a trick. When do they swoop in, along with the Chinese and the hedge funds?
Housing market still seems relatively strong with respect to market supply and demand in much of the country. Not many selling while rates are low. Limited supply of houses plus low rates means prices are propped up for now, and with nobody moving because of Covid it could be ongoing. The Fed also pledged to continue buying MBS. I wouldn't expect another housing collapse unless there is another massive deflationary bust in spite of all the stimulus.

Silver, gold, and DXY are scary enough charts as it is, portraying where deflationary forces reside in current times.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Housing market still seems relatively strong with respect to market supply and demand in much of the country. Not many selling while rates are low. Limited supply of houses plus low rates means prices are propped up for now, and with nobody moving because of Covid it could be ongoing. The Fed also pledged to continue buying MBS. I wouldn't expect another housing collapse unless there is another massive deflationary bust in spite of all the stimulus.

Silver, gold, and DXY are scary enough charts as it is, portraying where deflationary forces reside in current times.
I would assume prices will climb immediately after the pandemic ends too as people rush to finally buy, but who knows after that.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Bought some TSLA calls yesterday, hoping for a move to 400 next couple weeks.

But yeah that was a nasty selloff.
Already $374 in after hours so I think you'll hit it.

Also, anyone think there should be a separate thread for the stock market in general? In many cases it's completely separate from overall economic health anyway, and it feels weird to be discussing stock gains in a thread dedicated to the current recession.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Already $374 in after hours so I think you'll hit it.

Also, anyone think there should be a separate thread for the stock market in general? In many cases it's completely separate from overall economic health anyway, and it feels weird to be discussing stock gains in a thread dedicated to the current recession.
yeah, that’s a good call

set it up if you like

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,735
    Another huge wave coming?

The inflation over here is absolutely insane and totally out of control. The price of gas and electricity will just push this to whole another level next year.

Corona measures also didn't help one bit, many companies are closing their business due to big losses.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,739
    I think we're going to use this thread way more often.

Oh and gas price has reached $3000 per 1000 cubic meters :lol2: Countries went full berserk when prices reached 1400 dollars, let alone this. This is nuts.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    14 years later. Same shit, different decade.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we're going to use this thread way more often.

Oh and gas price has reached $3000 per 1000 cubic meters :lol2: Countries went full berserk when prices reached 1400 dollars, let alone this. This is nuts.
    Its only beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If we get a bad winter, folks are going to be freezing to death. No joke.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)