Global Financial Crisis (12 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Gold and gold miners really doing well recently. Somebody had an interesting tought the other day where their hypothesis is that the exact opposite of what happened in the oil futures market could happen on the long side of the gold market. It's seemingly well known that the paper vastly outweighs the supply of physical gold held by exchanges, so if everyone wants delivery of the physical at contract expiry, there will be delivery problems. The other side to that trade is this has been known for a long time, yet it never happens. A run on physical gold would mean a lot more unforeseen issues, IMO.

Equities are looking rather weak here, still sitting around the 50% retracement and 50-day moving average, which is ~2800 on the S&P. Volume is trailing off, technicals still weighted slightly towards bullish. Not really a good idea to buy into weakness and we're at a point critical point here, but the trend is still marginally higher. Lots of trading on virus news recently instead of economic news.
Every time I hear investors talk about gold, this image comes into my head:

21bebf3985d6b3b711ef84adc955b931--gold-gradient-graphic-design-illustration.jpg

Like I was looking around my apartment this morning, and you know? I realized there was just a lot of gold that was missing. In fact, I'd toss out my laptop, a car, an apartment, my collection of wine all for a bit of gold bullion, knowhatimean?

Is this the real life? Are we really still living in the 16th century?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Like I was looking around my apartment this morning, and you know? I realized there was just a lot of gold that was missing. In fact, I'd toss out my laptop, a car, an apartment, my collection of wine all for a bit of gold bullion, knowhatimean?

gold should literally be worthless right now but it’s not. Maybe we’ll eventually regress to the olden Egyptian days where pharaohs are buried with gold and precious gems to show how rich they were. But instead of pharaohs it’s trump

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
This is one of those sites where disabling the JavaScript doesn't work :p. Are you a subscriber? I don't know the language well enough to read through the code like that.
I was on twitter then saw this title, i clicked on it and i read full article. Now i can read only one paragraph.
I feel like subsribing and creating a webblog and posting all their content for free :lol:

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015

Last year my friend sold his stocks for $100,000 profit. He invested all the money in gold and silver. He sold it and profited more. If there is a buyer it is worth investing in it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Critical time for stawks here. Nasdaq is very close to the all-time high set in February, only points away. Most technicals still showing buy and the trend is still up. This could be the last chance the bears have to tank the market, creating a double top. S&P is still off the highs and in a rising wedge, put/call ratio was very high but came off to more parity, so looking for a target of 3170 in the next week. If bears can't get some declines going then we're going higher.

Tech led us off the lows while banks, energy and others lagged. Airlines and travel were the biggest laggards and they got bid massively today while tech was subdued, so there could be another push higher in tech as some of the money on the sidelines and hedge funds get into the game. Or everything just crashes. To the moon or crash is the play here.

NDX.png
SP.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)