Global Financial Crisis (9 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Gold and gold miners really doing well recently. Somebody had an interesting tought the other day where their hypothesis is that the exact opposite of what happened in the oil futures market could happen on the long side of the gold market. It's seemingly well known that the paper vastly outweighs the supply of physical gold held by exchanges, so if everyone wants delivery of the physical at contract expiry, there will be delivery problems. The other side to that trade is this has been known for a long time, yet it never happens. A run on physical gold would mean a lot more unforeseen issues, IMO.

Equities are looking rather weak here, still sitting around the 50% retracement and 50-day moving average, which is ~2800 on the S&P. Volume is trailing off, technicals still weighted slightly towards bullish. Not really a good idea to buy into weakness and we're at a point critical point here, but the trend is still marginally higher. Lots of trading on virus news recently instead of economic news.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Anybody willing to short tech stocks with me before earnings next week? :D Many of these stocks outperformed most other sectors recently and everybody keeps getting long. MSFT up 40% year over year. Might have to buy some puts.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Anybody willing to short tech stocks with me before earnings next week? :D Many of these stocks outperformed most other sectors recently and everybody keeps getting long. MSFT up 40% year over year. Might have to buy some puts.
We need a thread for stocks only haha

I bough some gold and it’s looking good.

Btw my broker fucked me hard the other day.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
How so?

I'm really liking gold, my calls are doing well and I'm going to keep holding those.
I was on Trading on crude oil at around 14€ price. I had like 6 deals, buy and sell, i was getting profit from both. Then it started going sell then i was buy new deals with sell. When it went to price 10.4, i wanted to close deals because i knew it wont go any lower, but system stuck for 10 minutes then it jumped to 11.9 such all these profits went on losses. I spoke to my broker they are denying everything. Instead of making around 20k, i lost 4.5k. It was good because these 4.5K i made with 500 euros. And i withdrew 1000. I feel robbed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I was on Trading on crude oil at around 14€ price. I had like 6 deals, buy and sell, i was getting profit from both. Then it started going sell then i was buy new deals with sell. When it went to price 10.4, i wanted to close deals because i knew it wont go any lower, but system stuck for 10 minutes then it jumped to 11.9 such all these profits went on losses. I spoke to my broker they are denying everything. Instead of making around 20k, i lost 4.5k. It was good because these 4.5K i made with 500 euros. And i withdrew 1000. I feel robbed.
That sucks, wonder if they had an influx of volume. Something similar happened to me where I couldn't close out a short as the app was down.

- - - Updated - - -

What are some good resources to learn about all of these things?
https://www.investopedia.com/

Or my favorite textbook from college that I still have...

Annotation 2020-04-28 173722.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)