Giuseppe 'The Savior' Rossi - ST - Villareal (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He might be over-rated but he is a better player than Rossi. Aguero is World Class, Rossi not quite.

Rossi is no Baggio, Del Piero in his prime, or even at the same level as Cassano. That's the kind of player I want here, one who is capable of that moment of magic, of deciding a game on his own. We had that with Baggio, Zidane, and the old Del Piero. We need to bring the magic back!

Buy on AliExpress.com

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
He might be over-rated but he is a better player than Rossi. Aguero is World Class, Rossi not quite.

Rossi is no Baggio, Del Piero in his prime, or even at the same level as Cassano. That's the kind of player I want here, one who is capable of that moment of magic, of deciding a game on his own. We had that with Baggio, Zidane, and the old Del Piero. We need to bring the magic back!
Neymar.!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
:andyandbarcelona: :rolleyes: Let me spell it out for you. Rossi is clearly a good player; no disputing that. However, he is not what we need or the player who can take us to the next level. He is indeed having a magnificent season, and is most definitely more consistent that Aguero this year, but overall Aguero is far superior in every department!

As for my he has peaked comment, way to take it out of context and blow the whole situation out of proportion. Rossi has had a stellar season, but at his age and with his playing style, I really doubt that he can grow or develop more. Being 23 or 24 is not the same as being a 16-18 year old.

As for not being arguably Villareal's best player, I didn't base it on this season's accomplishments, bur rather on ability, and in this respect I feel Nilmar is the better player.
aguero may be better in technique but doesn't show it as often as rossi has, therefore id rather have rossi for Juve

rossi is 24 and improving with each season, not only that but having played well in 3 different leagues already is certainly a huge bonus

if nilmar was italian and rossi was brazilian you'd say the opposite, seriously i doubt you have even seen a villarreal game this season

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I won't say the opposite, and I get all the leagues on cable and watch as many games as I possibly can.

I'm slightly biased against this obsession with Italians, I will attest to that. However, I'm not entirely blinded by it, to allow me to cloud my judgment. Rossi is indeed a very good player, but I don't want him here. I don't think he will bring back the magic that has been lacking for years now!

cublinks

Apr 8, 2008
rossi has also behaved appropriately on and off the field, he is not some young dude mentally unstable like neymar, i believe that might also played a part in rossi's consistency

Nedvěd

Aguero is NOT world class.

World class strikers are the likes of Eto'o, Tevez, Villa, Drogba, Torres etc... I can name more than 10 strikers better than Aguero.
What's the definition of World class? for me World class is being among the top 5-7 (maybe even 10) in your position, and Aguero does not fit in that category.
Rossi is no Baggio, true, not many can be as good as Baggio, and Rossi is no Del Piero, which again is true, but you're comparing Rossi to two of the greatest Italian players of all the time which is not fair.
If you're going by that logic, Aguero is no Maradona, Aguero is no Messi, Aguero is no Batistuta, Aguero is not even as good as Tevez, and not as good as Milito or Higuain.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i dont agree with the terminology of 'world class' there are people at my work place who rates samir nasri as world class, as good of a player he is, the argument was that he would walk into the barcelona starting line up. all in all the title is vague and is perceived at many individual levels.

Nedvěd

On form Torres is one of the best players in the world, when's he's fit and motivated he's unstoppable

Nedvěd

Form is temporary. Torres is world class, Aguero is not. He might have been shite this season but that does't mean that he's a shit player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)