lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Started our decline in 2015 to a degree that it couldn't be saved by far better men than Tici

Higuain deal, Vidal sale, Pogba sale, Tevez giveaway, Hernanes, you name it

Remember this kid who bartered from a paperclip to a house? Beppe did this and bartered back down to a paperclip.

Went to merda after Agnelli overruled him on actually signing a good player for once (CR7) He probably preferred spending those 100m on Giroud or something
:inter::inter::inter:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Higuain deal in hindsight turned out to be a disappointment. I think it's probably why Beppe was against the Ronaldo deal.

The Ronaldo signing on it's own was a great deal but if you add some context to it, we committed a shitload of money on him, after spending €90M on a player with no resale value. To make matters worse, we bought Bonucci back in the same summer. It's difficult to generate funds when you're committing shitloads of money on older players well unless you have bottomless pits of money.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Not replacing Vidal was criminal. Selling him was a certainty, considering his off the pitch behaviour. That was never going to be accepted at Juve.

Higuain was an absolutely terrible transfer though. I'll never understood what happened there, as that was such an unusual transfer for us. The complete opposite actually. (Personally, I don't think that was a Marotta deal at all, but that's just a gut feeling.)
Imagine instead of buying Higuain we got two great midfielders and a young promising striker.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Glad you on the sell Dybala bandwagon now. :weee:
I'm not and I never will be. You know why? Because it's stupid and incredibly short sighted. Are we going to rely on a 37 year old Ronaldo to lead us? Do you trust Morata to create on his own and lead the line? Unless you're bringing in Haaland and/or Mbappe to support Ronaldo, then selling Dybala is not a very smart choice.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm not and I never will be. You know why? Because it's stupid and incredibly short sighted. Are we going to rely on a 37 year old Ronaldo to lead us? Do you trust Morata to create on his own and lead the line? Unless you're bringing in Haaland and/or Mbappe to support Ronaldo, then selling Dybala is not a very smart choice.
Morata had 13 goals-10 assists in the first ~55% of the season before he got sick. That’s on pace for 20-25 goals and 16-20 assists... which is better production than your boy has ever had. :p

But no, I don’t want Morata creating and leading the line alone. He’s a better assist man than Dybala is, but isn’t close to the instinctual goal scorer Dybala is. Which is exactly why I think they would work very well together. Morata can hold up play, counter with pace, create space for and provide assists for Paulo while also chipping in with big time clutch goals which are his bread and butter. He also tracks back better and presses harder allowing Dybala to focus on attack and not get stuck attempting to do those things he’s pretty poor at because Ronaldo refuses to do them 90% of the time.

Sell Ronaldo, get his insane wages off the books, fix the mid with those savings, two top class CMs, and run with Morata-Dybala front pair. Could easily see us winning CL with that setup.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Morata had 13 goals-10 assists in the first ~55% of the season before he got sick. That’s on pace for 20-25 goals and 16-20 assists... which is better production than your boy has ever had. :p

But no, I don’t want Morata creating and leading the line alone. He’s a better assist man than Dybala is, but isn’t close to the instinctual goal scorer Dybala is. Which is exactly why I think they would work very well together. Morata can hold up play, counter with pace, create space for and provide assists for Paulo while also chipping in with big time clutch goals which are his bread and butter. He also tracks back better and presses harder allowing Dybala to focus on attack and not get stuck attempting to do those things he’s pretty poor at because Ronaldo refuses to do them 90% of the time.

Sell Ronaldo, get his insane wages off the books, fix the mid with those savings, two top class CMs, and run with Morata-Dybala front pair. Could easily see us winning CL with that setup.
This. We need to revamp that midfield. Go for Haaland in 2022, if he's still available.

Don't know about easily, but two top CMs and a quality FB will go a long way to rendering us more dynamic and unpredictable. With Ronaldo, teams know exactly what we are going to do, and if they manage to subdue Ronaldo, they can beat us.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This. We need to revamp that midfield. Go for Haaland in 2022, if he's still available.

Don't know about easily, but two top CMs and a quality FB will go a long way to rendering us more dynamic and unpredictable. With Ronaldo, teams know exactly what we are going to do, and if they manage to subdue Ronaldo, they can beat us.
Morata just works better with Ronaldo than Dybala does. And would work better with Dybala than Ronaldo does. He’s a better complementary player for them, willing to do more of the dirty work and pretty unselfish in terms of creating for the other forwards.

I don’t mean we’d easily win it, I just mean I can see a team with those two supported by a world class mid and fullbacks winning it if things go their way. Like with any other CL victor for the most part.

Last edited:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
:disagree:
Oh please. Marotta was 10/10 prior to the last year or two, given our budget constraints and starting place. He turned post-calciopoli, twice 7th place Juve into 9 straight scudetti, 4 straight domestic double, and two CL finals. Made us into a domestic superpower and top European team again.

You could knock him down to 9/10 based on the last year or two, but it’s absurd to suggest 7/10. If he wasn’t great and is a 7/10. Going by your standards Dybala is a 3/10 flop.
I'd like to know who's a 9/10 administrator if Marotta isn't one. It's a role that (I believe) has a high churn generally, and not a lot of folks do it well enough in multiple places to qualify. He had plenty of duds, but then so does everyone else in the field. I'm genuinely interested to know, just to get an idea of who the options are when we fire the fraud who thought he could step up.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
let's be honest. allegri and conte made the players play better not because marotta was a genius.

its no wonder vidal, manduzkic, asamoah, pogba, tevez, bonucci, morata, llorente, matri, licht, all failed to establish themseleves as importnant player after leaving juve.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Up until the Pogba transfer we did almost perfect, with the exception that we sold Vidal and Pirlo retired, but we brought in only one proven player in Khedira. We gifted away Tevez but he was a difficult character and we brought in Mandzukic and Dybala while keeping Morata. But we sold Pogba without replacing him, leaving us with Pjanic and injury prone Khedira and Marchisio from the players that in theory are good enough for us. We used the Pogba money on Higgy instead of a top mid or two, we let Coman walk for a small gain just to spend 25M on Pjaca a year later, then 40M on DCosta when Pjaca didn't work out. We let Evra go without a replacement leaving AS all alone, then when we find a reliable alternative in Spinazzola, we let him go as well for some kid that will never play here. We replace DA with MdS, let Benatia walk without a replacement. We hang on to players beyond their expiration date because we chase useless opportunities and don't have money to invest in areas that need rejuvenation afterwards. Marotta, Paratici, Nedved, Agnelli, I don't care who it is, eventually you will play yourself into a corner with no strategy and no matter how superior you are to the competition, they will catch up when you're making all the wrong calls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)