pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Why is it that we need to sell every summer starter since Allegri took over. We didnt sell anyone important under Conte from what i remember.

Allegri comes in 2014
2015 Vidal
2016 Pogba
2017 Bonucci (can add Alves who we havent replaced proper).

Yes there have been cases of rebuilding to finance new players like Pjanic and Pogba. Fact is we didnt sell shit with Conte. And we didnt do anything in europe so you cant say Conte earned us millions. Allegri has actually earned us more going deep into CL competitions.

@Mark
I think our players have less of a bond than they had under Conte

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39,525
    Who did we sell during Conte period who was actually getting us big bucks? Forget about guys like Motta and Ziegler.

Just checked. We sold Matri 2013 our most expensive sell for 11m.

But we upgraded with Tevez.

Now we sell Vidals, Pogbas, Bonuccis.
    did we spend too?

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    No club is going to sell players early. And no agent (in their right mind) is allowing their clients to sign early. The risk of leaving a lot of money on the table is not worth taking. This is the summer of $$$
    Well, we have Bowman we can lock down

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, the WC is a shopping market

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
    Jul 27, 2015
    How about players that don't go to the World Cup (i.e. mediocre Italians)? :beppe:
    Now that's a plot twist... :lol:

Hard to predict how our mercatto will go but one thing's for sure, gonna definitely be a tough summer for Beppster, one which will very much depend on the amount of funds he'll have available to work with.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    And considering the new policy of closing the market in mid August, we have a much smaller window to work with. Those deals that drag will not be completed. Money has to be splashed or the train is gone for next season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Since the big spenders will go on a shopping spree after the World Cup, we should aim at getting their old toys (and I don't necessarily mean old players).
    Kovacic:agree:

That's revisionist, we absolutely needed a striker when we signed Matri and had to do it in the January window.
    And he came here banging the goals I remember he was one of the few saving graces from that disastorus campaign.

Mar 10, 2009
    This will be a tough summer for the man. He can't do his job during a WC summer because he will be priced out.
    He needs to go back to what he did best, buy players that are either underrated or not happy at the squad. Classic signings such as Tevez, Vidal or Pirlo. He used to be good at this sort of thing, but I dont know what happened recently. Maybe he's not the type that knows how to spend big.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Maybe he got into his comfort zone and is not pushing himself to his limits like when he arrived.

Maybe he is geting old for this or maybe he doesnt have the same drive to take the team to higher ground once again.

Who knows, one can do something a number of times before feeling it repetitive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)