Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It might take a couple of years before our next big push in the CL, but for now we must accept its over.
yeh im totally mentalized this is it. Is not like i was not seeing this coming for some time. But i have come to terms with it.

We have been gradually stumbling since that defeat against barcelona, losing too much quality and getting quality but leaving big holes at the same time without getting a fix.

Missing targets on the mercato didnt helped a bit either.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been over since 2015

2017 was nothing but an easy draw to the final
I would not say "easy" but we got really lucky.... unlike the 2015 one which we had to sweat a lot to get to that final

Mar 10, 2009
It's been over since 2015

2017 was nothing but an easy draw to the final

2017 was when our defence peaked, and 2015 was when our midfield peaked.

Remember we beat Barcelona and a good Monaco side. I also think something happened at half time in Cardiff that we're not told about.

I don't what happened to Beppe though. He was fantastic up until recently. What prompted him to start selling our best players when started doing well in the CL is beyond me.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
yeh im totally mentalized this is it. Is not like i was not seeing this coming for some time. But i have come to terms with it.

We have been gradually stumbling since that defeat against barcelona, losing too much quality and getting quality but leaving big holes at the same time without getting a fix.

Missing targets on the mercato didnt helped a bit either.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not say "easy" but we got really lucky.... unlike the 2015 one which we had to sweat a lot to get to that final
2015 was a fantastic team

Letting go of Vidal and Tevez in the same window was the first sign of decline that continued for 3 years and shows no signs of stopping the decline

Mar 10, 2009
2015 was a fantastic team

Letting go of Vidal and Tevez in the same window was the first sign of decline that continued for 3 years and shows no signs of stopping the decline
2015 was more balanced because it had no glaring weaknesses. 2017 had an excellent team, but it was weak in midfield. Beppe however keeps screwing this team over by destroying our establishment. He doesn't understand the concept of building from your success.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
2015 was more balanced because it had no glaring weaknesses. 2017 had an excellent team, but it was weak in midfield. Beppe however keeps screwing this team over by destroying our establishment. He doesn't understand the concept of building from your success.
Yeah we kept up with Barca for 70 minutes before Allegri decided to play kamakazee tactics towards the end and completely abandon our philosophy and expose us to counters like I've never seen before

That team just lacked the experience of CL heavyweight clashes to win the tournament in my opinion

This Summer will be very interesting to see what sort of approach the board take to our transfers

We can not go for cheap quick fixes anymore the weaknesses have to be identified a style of play needs to be built for and a stop to these square pegs to fit round holes for our transfers

- - - Updated - - -

That's great! Now can you stop repeating that 10 times a day every day?
Just put me on ignore you will do us both a favour

Mar 10, 2009
Yeah we kept up with Barca for 70 minutes before Allegri decided to play kamakazee tactics towards the end and completely abandon our philosophy and expose us to counters like I've never seen before

That team just lacked the experience of CL heavyweight clashes to win the tournament in my opinion

This Summer will be very interesting to see what sort of approach the board take to our transfers

We can not go for cheap quick fixes anymore the weaknesses have to be identified a style of play needs to be built for and a stop to these square pegs to fit round holes for our transfers

- - - Updated - - -

Just put me on ignore you will do us both a favour

If you look at our team on paper, it honestly doesn't seem that good to be honest. Previously I could have argued that Vidal was the bet midfielder in the world, Pogba was the next big thing and Pirlo needs no introduction. Not to mention our fantastic defenders.

I can't argue that we have the best player in any position, except for Cheilini when he is at top form. Higuaín and Dybala are also great, but far from the best in their positions.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
If you look at our team on paper, it honestly doesn't seem that good to be honest. Previously I could have argued that Vidal was the bet midfielder in the world, Pogba was the next big thing and Pirlo needs no introduction. Not to mention our fantastic defenders.

I can't argue that we have the best player in any position, except for Cheilini when he is at top form. Higuaín and Dybala are also great, but far from the best in their positions.
Exactly, our midfield went from being top 2 in the world to being completely average

Our defence has weakened and our attack has weakened as well

Really terrible transfer policy when we sell to buy these are the results

Pogba's Vidal's and Bonucci's don't come around very often especially for the sort of money we paid for them

There is a long road ahead if we ever want to compete in the CL again

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Why is it that we need to sell every summer starter since Allegri took over. We didnt sell anyone important under Conte from what i remember.

Allegri comes in 2014
2015 Vidal
2016 Pogba
2017 Bonucci (can add Alves who we havent replaced proper).

Yes there have been cases of rebuilding to finance new players like Pjanic and Pogba. Fact is we didnt sell shit with Conte. And we didnt do anything in europe so you cant say Conte earned us millions. Allegri has actually earned us more going deep into CL competitions.

@Mark

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Why is it that we need to sell every summer starter since Allegri took over. We didnt sell anyone important under Conte from what i remember.

Allegri comes in 2014
2015 Vidal
2016 Pogba

Yes there have been cases of rebuilding to finance new players like Pjanic and Pogba. Fact is we didnt sell $#@! with Conte. And we didnt do anything in europe so you cant say Conte earned us millions. Allegri has actually earned us more going deep into CL competitions.

@Mark
i t5hink i can asnwer that.

Because back then our team was full of nobodies bar pirlo and our old guard who was loyal to juve. Those players you mentioned grew too fast and obviously the world noticed. When alegri came here.. we were in the end of the conte cycle and some of those players were reaching its peak, other getting hyped to oblivion like pogba. They were attractive. At the same time some of them were already bored of juve.

Eventually good offers came and we were forced to sell because we could not counter those offers.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39,514

Allegri comes in 2014
    2015 Vidal
    2016 Pogba

Yes there have been cases of rebuilding to finance new players like Pjanic and Pogba. Fact is we didnt sell shit with Conte. And we didnt do anything in europe so you cant say Conte earned us millions. Allegri has actually earned us more going deep into CL competitions.

@Mark
    we sold all the time.

Mar 10, 2009
    i t5hink i can asnwer that.

Because back then our team was full of nobodies bar pirlo and our old guard who was loyal to juve. Those players you mentioned grew too fast and obviously the world noticed. When alegri came here.. we were in the end of the conte cycle and some of those players were reaching its peak, other getting hyped to oblivion like pogba. They were attractive. At the same time some of them were already bored of juve.

Eventually good offers came and we were forced to sell because we could not counter those offers.

Vidal was pretty much wanted every year though. I remember how Man Utd apparently kept beginning for him. Allegri is miles better than Conte, but I do get the impression that Allegri is a push over. Our worst summer transfer window was 2015 IMO, we can still feel the impact it left on us. We got rid off too many players all at once, and replaced of them with fodder.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Vidal was pretty much wanted every year though. I remember how Man Utd apparently kept beginning for him. Allegri is miles better than Conte, but I do get the impression that Allegri is a push over. Our worst summer transfer window was 2015 IMO, we can still feel the impact it left on us. We got rid off too many players all at once, and replaced of them with fodder.
    yep.. it seems we peaked in that year. We had a good combination of old experienced players and eager cadets. I admit opur football was not the best and we played very defensive just like now.. but our defensive game was much better, our midfield was better and morata and tevez were deadly. Now we have some names but we are not a team at all... not only on the field but also in mentality.

Theres something wrong with us now.

We really need an influx of good players, better tactics and good sales, sensitive ones...to go forward.
    I dont t5hink max is the right man to continue either.... he has been smashed too many times.

Blame should go on marotta and the higher ups too...letting juventus float on its own after that 2015 mercato and then the pogba sale...we bought higuain and pjanic but the rest has been a mess.

And the worst is that our beloved defence and the old guard are finally too old. Its time to face this issue, at last. We have been evading it maybe because of nostalgia or denial... but reality had hit us in the form of a glorious and hallowed overhead kick by the best forward ever to grace the fields.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    we sold all the time.
    Who did we sell during Conte period who was actually getting us big bucks? Forget about guys like Motta and Ziegler.

Just checked. We sold Matri 2013 our most expensive sell for 11m.

But we upgraded with Tevez.

Now we sell Vidals, Pogbas, Bonuccis.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    It's ok guys. We're just gonna go out and buy Darmian and another mediocre Italian for 35-40 million combined, complain about not having money, and then sell Sandro, claiming he wanted out and hands were tied. It's the same shit every summer. You can't move forward by constantly dismantling your squad. This is NOT a sustainable policy in the long term.

Also, we're never going to win the Champions League with the old guard; there's simply a mental block, an inferiority complex. They genuinely believe they aren't good enough when they come up against the big teams. We stopped playing @ 2-0 yesterday. That approach, that attitude, is simply unacceptable.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    It's ok guys. We're just gonna go out and buy Darmian and another mediocre Italian for 35-40 million combined, complain about not having money, and then sell Sandro, claiming he wanted out and hands were tied. It's the same shit every summer. You can't move forward by constantly dismantling your squad. This is NOT a sustainable policy in the long term.

Also, we're never going to win the Champions League with the old guard; there's simply a mental block, an inferiority complex. They genuinely believe they aren't good enough when they come up against the big teams. We stopped playing @ 2-0 yesterday. That approach, that attitude, is simply unacceptable.
    Just out of curiosity what mediocre Italians have we bought for that sort of money?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)