Jul 2, 2006
He made a good cut with that one :beppe:
A true masterpiece that one, considering that real Jorge Martinez disappeared in 2011 as if he expired after serving his purpose. Then beppe found a ''Jose'' or ''Gonzalez'' that looks like Martinez and convinced him to attend in negotiations for contract extension just for 20 peso. Money supposed to be paid to Martinez transferred to Beppe's swiss bank account.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pretty much all directors in Italy do. Pretty sure other leagues will echo that too. So whats funny? No one likes these players boycotting team while league has started scenarios, became farce this summer, so they want less distractions and offical competition and games to start after mercato already closed. So you lose all those soapy headaches.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Prolong? He seems to dislike doing shit end of the mercato, doesnt get anything done then. Pretty much all his main deals been far from those periods except late loans like for Cuadrado, or panic Hernanes buy.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Just funny that he's famous amongst us fans for penny pinching and prolong negotiations and he agreed to the thing that require him to do faster work
When you have a job, you'll understand why you are wrong.

A deadline, is a deadline.
3 days before a deadline, is 3 days before the deadline.
Moving a deadline doesnt change that 3 days before the deadline, is 3 days before the deadline

If Marotta penny pinches and prolong negotiations, its because he wants to move it closer to the deadline, so the club is under increasing pressure.
Ergo, moving the deadling long beforehand, doesnt change anything.

It in fact takes the issue away of signing players when a season has allready begun.

Its a great idea by Marotta

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Pretty much all directors in Italy do. Pretty sure other leagues will echo that too. So whats funny? No one likes these players boycotting team while league has started scenarios, became farce this summer, so they want less distractions and offical competition and games to start after mercato already closed. So you lose all those soapy headaches.
If Italy decides to move the deadline day to somewhere in the middle of August, will there be the risk, that italian teams still can lose players to other leagues which can still do transfers until 1th sept, and they can't be relaced anymore then? So it just would help when all big leagues would do this.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If Italy decides to move the deadline day to somewhere in the middle of August, will there be the risk, that italian teams still can lose players to other leagues which can still do transfers until 1th sept, and they can't be relaced anymore then? So it just would help when all big leagues would do this.
EPL started it, its a good idea to follow them.

But shouldnt UEFA make this call ?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats why some are saying it needs to be collective effort from the major leagues, EPL already done it, Italy wants to, the rest should follow. Dont see why not, seems to only have upside for them.

I dont see much issues if they do, wouldnt matter much if outsiders like Turkey, Russia and so on keep their own little deadlines since they tend to sign others rejects mainly anyways.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Thats why some are saying it needs to be collective effort from the major leagues, EPL already done it, Italy wants to, the rest should follow. Dont see why not, seems to only have upside for them.

I dont see much issues if they do, wouldnt matter much if outsiders like Turkey, Russia and so on keep their own little deadlines since they tend to sign others rejects mainly anyways.
:tup: that's what i meant. It would be a great thing if all the big leagues would do it like the EPL. Otherwise i have my doubts..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It rewards good planning to do it before really gets going. Its kinda desperate at times that its nearly September and you have teams spending 100s of millions in deadline day to fix leaks they already should have dealt with when you are weeks into the season.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #38,598
    Marotta was also asked if there was any issue with him and director of sport Fabio Paratici, as they haven’t yet signed new contracts.

“Paratici and I are very happy at Juventus, we get along well with everyone and have helped set up a winning model. There is no contract renewal, but we are tied to this club for life, unless of course Juventus tell us otherwise. It’s an idyllic union.”

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Marotta was also asked if there was any issue with him and director of sport Fabio Paratici, as they haven’t yet signed new contracts.

“Paratici and I are very happy at Juventus, we get along well with everyone and have helped set up a winning model. There is no contract renewal, but we are tied to this club for life, unless of course Juventus tell us otherwise. It’s an idyllic union.”
    :touched:

Music to Turk's ears

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 127)