PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It's just not common to word it out like he does. At the very least these statements, even if true, are very bad for his public image. Italian supporters get very pissed at this also. I mean, the guy lies so often about other stuff, why not say something like "we'll do everything we can to keep him"? It's just weird.

And I do think we could and should have done a much better job with Vidal, Bonucci and Tevez. And maybe even Morata.

But obviously he's done a historical job along with Paratici.

Btw, in Italian I don't think he said "impossible". He said "very hard".

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Since you accused him of lying so often can you offer examples of said accusation?

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently he lies often so probably every time he lies.
I can't remember very specific instances. Only the Asamoah case - where the player did want to leave and he couldn't, because we didn't let him. Marotta admitted to this. So guess what, a players will is not the sole reason for a transfer.

But lying is part of his job, honestly.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Didn't he also claim that the Higuain Pogba transfers were not connected and we could've had both at the same time.

However here he said that the Higs transfer was linked to the Pogba sale?

enzo

May 14, 2012
It's just not common to word it out like he does. At the very least these statements, even if true, are very bad for his public image. Italian supporters get very pissed at this also. I mean, the guy lies so often about other stuff, why not say something like "we'll do everything we can to keep him"? It's just weird.

And I do think we could and should have done a much better job with Vidal, Bonucci and Tevez. And maybe even Morata.

But obviously he's done a historical job along with Paratici.

Btw, in Italian I don't think he said "impossible". He said "very hard".
He could simply say "Dybala is our number 10 and here to stay".

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Didn't he also claim that the Higuain Pogba transfers were not connected and we could've had both at the same time.

No. We were suddenly 100m richer so we used it. That's the connection

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

everybody know/knew we'd never be able to buy Higuain without Pogba money.
The problem lies in the fact that we spent everything on a 29years old guy while we gave away a 22-23 years old awesome midfieler.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Beppe could have abstained from repeating this and just declare that his stance is known. It's as if he's hoping for a sell
I can imagine the interview:
“€90m for Higuain? This campaign was created following Pogba’s sale and we’re delighted with Higuain,” explained the 60-year-old.

“Beyond all that, he’s important to our style of play. Advantage in Serie A? It’s premature to talk about points now.

“Many teams moved well in the transfer market. I think the League will be decided by games between the competing sides.

“Release clauses for Juve players? It’s crucial in a player-club relationship in Spain, but only Higuain and Pjanic had them in Italy. I’m against giving clauses to our players.

“Neymar’s transfer? The damage can’t be calculated that easily, and for me it goes beyond the €220m [Barca] pocketed.

“I also take into account that they lost a player like him towards the end of the transfer window.

“Dybala? No comment.

“Serie A? The League should have 20 teams instead of 18. It would benefit the national team, the show and the clubs.

“Pellegri? We’ve been following the lad for two years. We sounded him out, but the figures back then were far lower than what they are now.

“He’s among the best players of his generation, but he still has to become a champion.”

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Seeing the Coutinho saga from an objective point of view and how they have no chance in hell in keeping him or repairing the relationship, I can understand the 'players will' approach Beppe is talking about.

Forcing your players to stay is not a viable strategy. Just look at Liverpool again for example, they have fucked it all up with Coutinho, guys like Can won't sign a new contract unless they have a release clause and nobody is happy.

What I don't like from Beppe though is that I feel sometimes that he's daring the players to leave.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Seeing the Coutinho saga from an objective point of view and how they have no chance in hell in keeping him or repairing the relationship, I can understand the 'players will' approach Beppe is talking about.

Forcing your players to stay is not a viable strategy. Just look at Liverpool again for example, they have fucked it all up with Coutinho, guys like Can won't sign a new contract unless they have a release clause and nobody is happy.

What I don't like from Beppe though is that I feel sometimes that he's daring the players to leave.
He is a realist. He isn't daring anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)