Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Marotta must have known we were already one player over the CL requirements so why was he pushing for a Last minute move on Witsel? It would hsve been two players off the list.

So why didnt he sell Lichtsteiner and Hernanes? If Either really refused to move why are they not being Iaquintad?

Jun 6, 2015
Marotta must have known we were already one player over the CL requirements so why was he pushing for a Last minute move on Witsel? It would hsve been two players off the list.

So why didnt he sell Lichtsteiner and Hernanes? If Either really refused to move why are they not being Iaquintad?
We had a deal in place to sell Hernanes but didn't go through with it because the Witsel move failed.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
But we moved for Witsel 4 hours before tje deadline - sure I saw that.
How could we move for Witsel 4 hours before the deadline if he was already in Turin in the morning, took his physical, signed his contract, and waited there for 13 hours only to have nothing happen?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
How could we move for Witsel 4 hours before the deadline if he was already in Turin in the morning, took his physical, signed his contract, and waited there for 13 hours only to have nothing happen?
why leave a signing till the last minute. you're marotta. you know pogba is leaving in early july. you know hernanes is not needed. you know you are trying to sell pereyra. you know khedira is injured a lot and you know the rest of yours mids are question marks.

look how quickly we moved for pjanic, higuain and pjaca.

this leads me to belive juve spent all the pogba and morata money already. otherwise why wait so long

or worse. maorrota is a lazy bastard

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
why leave a signing till the last minute. you're marotta. you know pogba is leaving in early july. you know hernanes is not needed. you know you are trying to sell pereyra. you know khedira is injured a lot and you know the rest of yours mids are question marks.

look how quickly we moved for pjanic, higuain and pjaca.

this leads me to belive juve spent all the pogba and morata money already. otherwise why wait so long

or worse. maorrota is a lazy bastard
Marotta did not leave it late. It is an absurd notion. We were trying to sign the CM since before the Mercato even started. Unfortunately it was not possible for the right price. This year we had a deal with several quality players. Judging from what was written, these include for certain:

- Mascherano;
- Matuidi;
- Witsel;

And most probably:

- Matic;
- Andre Gomes;
- Kante;
- Rakitic.

Unfortunately their clubs did not agree to sell them for the price, that would correspond to our valuation of these players. In the case of Kante and Andre Gomes, it is also possible that although they had a deal with us, they ultimately chose Chelsea and Barca respectively.

Marotta and Paratici did a great job to find deals with several quality players but their clubs did not want to sell them for the right price.

The fact that we tried to purchase Witsel at the very last day shows that he was our last choice. This could be due to his skill but more probably due to the fact that Marotta hoped to get him for free next year.

If it is true, that Zenit did not sell him because they did not have time to find a replacement, then it is possible that we could have gotten him, if we negotiated for him earlier. However, since he was last on our shopping list, it is only reasonable that we tried to purchase him only after all the other options proved to be unobtainable.

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
I honestly do not understand the Higuain deal. It was a very strange piece of business. I think either Agnelli or Exor could have intervened and and simply ordered the Great Man to purchase him. I think so because other than that one deal we have acted the same as usual. All of the other players we purchased were bought on our own terms. If the asking price exceeded our valuation we simply walked away. This is exactly what happened with all our CM targets bar Pjanic.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
im going to say this. marotta has proven his worth in signing quality. after 5 years we all know that.

let's hope his form still continues

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I must have missed that bit of news.
This has more to do with Lichtsteiner than anything else, doesn't it.

I know that we are from :gsol: different gangs :gsol: and that as :gsol: mortal enemies :gsol: we shouldn't be having this type of conversation.

But you can talk to me Bro. @Fr3sh is lit out of his skull hunting for Pokemon and who the fuck knows what @DAiDEViL is doing right now. But you can confide in me, man.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
This has more to do with Lichtsteiner than anything else, doesn't it.

I know that we are from :gsol: different gangs :gsol: and that as :gsol: mortal enemies :gsol: we shouldn't be having this type of conversation.

But you can talk to me Bro. @Fr3sh is lit out of his skull hunting for Pokemon and who the fuck knows what @DAiDEViL is doing right now. But you can confide in me, man.
Actually, I'm in the school bathroom laying down a massive turd before I head to class for my teaching practicum. Close enough though. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)