Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Or perhaps we looked at the teams who have been winning the CL for the last 4 years... Bayern-Madrid-Barca-Madrid... and we saw that modern football is trending more and more towards attacking... none of these teams had or have the best midfields out there... they had/have solid midfields, with brilliant attacks and wide play.

So we upgraded our wings and our attack over the last two summers.

Asamoah/Evra+Isla/Lichtsteiner --- >>> Sandro + Alves is an absolutely massive upgrade, especially as far as attacking goes...

And Tevez + Morata/Llorente ----->>> Dybala +Higuain looks like quite the upgrade too...

Again, it's wait and see though. But perhaps we decided to shift the strengths of this team.

It looks a little drastic to me, but... this season's CL shall tell the true tale. Anything less than Semifinals will be very disappointing in my eyes.
Who had a better midfield than Bayern, Barca and Real?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:agree:

Pjanic is easily Pogba's match technically and a far better passer. Our possession game and long-ball + through-ball passing is better with him than with Paul.

We've lost athleticism and ball-winning in the midfield, but gained hugely in technical ability and intelligence.

A Khedira-Marchisio-Pjanic trio is one of the smartest mids in football. A little light on muscle and ball-winning though....
That's where this new DM comes in. Hopefully its someone like Matic, and we won't even feel Pogba's absence.

- - - Updated - - -

Hats off for the greatest sale of them all!!!
The world has gone mad :delpiero:

Jan 5, 2007
its really sad to watch morata and pogba leave, but to be fair deep down it was expected.

when morata has a BB clause in his contract then it was almost curtain that he is going back and we mad good money from him plus his two years of service
as well pogba, massive amount of money and four amazing years, but for me at least from now on we have more stability in this team.

every summer we have to go thru all this transfer shit, morata is going back! pogba is leaving to club X and its going on and on, i had enough from both of them never give a clear answer.

anyway i wish both of them luck, they helped the team advance and attracts other players to join ntm financially.

in the end as a team we are not falling back, i find our current squad much better with more options and better depth quality.

from daya one marotta came and juve keep improving and proving many people wrong in every step he takes including me, i fully trust him to do the right thing for juve.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He and we should have milked more out of the sale. Them figures dropped significantly. From 140 to 120 to 110 and now 105. This is excluding bonuses but then there's no guarantee them bonuses will be met. As for raiolas fee :boh:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Us... We beat Madrid...

Barca and Bayern both bypassed our midfield and destroyed us down the flanks.
Atletico beat Barca, but that doesn't mean they have a better midfield. Bayern clearly had a better midfield than us both times we met, or at least they played better, and so did Barca. That's why they had more possession. The reality is completely the opposite: Bayern had better midfield than us, but we almost won thanks to our attack and defense.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Been a wee while since I was here. How's it going chaps?

Paul's sale is no loss. I like him, but for that amount? So long pal.

Now let's build a UCL winning team!!!

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
:agree:

Pjanic is easily Pogba's match technically and a far better passer. Our possession game and long-ball + through-ball passing is better with him than with Paul.

We've lost athleticism and ball-winning in the midfield, but gained hugely in technical ability and intelligence.

A Khedira-Marchisio-Pjanic trio is one of the smartest mids in football. A little light on muscle and ball-winning though....
Its the loss in athleticism which could hurt us the most I think. We've been improving our tactical versatility each year and at this point it stands as our greatest strength. I believe that MaXX now has all the ingredients he might need to set us up to beat anybody in Europe. Im intrigued by peoples comments on our improved technical skills too.

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
Marotta deserves a big compliment and this man, together with Paratici, is Juventus backbone for several years now. Remember, 10 years ago we relegated and now we are easily in the top 5 of Europe's best and dominated the Serie A for five straight years. We buy out our competitors (which is good for us, but not good for Italian football).
Of course, there are some mistakes. Hernanes for example was not the greatest move. But the investment in Dybala, Pjanic, Lichtsteiner, Rugani, Sandro, Vidal and Pjaca, the capture of Tevez, Pogba, Benatia on a low fee, Pirlo, Alves, Evra for free. The list goes on and on, and that in a short period of time. Higuain for 90m..... we will see. It seems pretty much and I hope he proves his worth.

Letting Vidal go for the known transfer fee was questionable, but I am convinced that something is behind that move. Maybe they lost a star, but I think they were tired of him for his misbehavior. And for the club sake you have to make a difficult decision then.
Pogba is a transfer record. 800k is multiplied by....130? It's insane and although Pogba is a great player, he will never be a Zidane, Del Piero, Messi or Ronaldo. This was very good business.

From my point of view, we can be very proud of this club with it's staff. They deserve a huge compliment and they set a new standard for the football world. I am proud to be a Juventino, also after this transfer window!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
so at the end we payed raiola's fee, right? according to the club statement, the plusvalenza was 72,6m, so all things considered, higuain was more expensive than the net income generated by the pogba sale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)