Jul 20, 2012
Beppe Marotta said Juventus will concentrate on keeping Antonio Conte, but warned big investments are “impossible.”

The Coach has refused to commit his future to the club unless there are reassurances over transfer strategy, forming a team that can compete for the Champions League.

“Conte showed not just with his extraordinary results, but also his modus operandi that he is among the best,” general manager Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.

“Now we are concentrated on celebrating the Scudetto, which is the end point of a remarkable run. We are focused on this and will celebrate with our fans in the best way possible.

“From Monday or probably Tuesday we will concentrate on next season and the first objective is to make the coaching situation definitive.”

Marotta was asked about reports former Roma and Zenit Coach Luciano Spalletti is in Turin for talks after an approach from Milan hit problems.

“Newspapers are having fun with various theories on available Coaches, but we are not concentrated on that.”

However, Conte’s demands for strong reinforcements appear to be falling on deaf ears at the club.

“It’s true to say big investments are impossible for next season. Our duty is to achieve an excellent sporting result via a competitive squad, but it must be conjoined with strong work behind the scenes and respecting the economic parameters.

“Certain transfer plans are nothing more than a utopia.”
Conte is so leaving.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
Really? Well if 'big' investments are impossible, then 'big' dreams should also be curbed. It wasn't Conte, but Agnelli saying winning Seria A is not enough for him(even though we set a few records on the way too). I couldn't hear Marotta's comments on the topic.

Moreover - where are the big sales? What happened with our youth policy? Cause these days we keep on hearing the same BS - we seem to be able to sell just Vidal or Pogba, namely the players NO one wants to sell. How are we going to get money if we can't sell and revenues are not growing that much either? Surely not by spending 20-30 mils each summer on 'average' players we cannot even hope to sell without a significant loss.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm not gonna blame him if he leaves.

I'm pretty sure none of us would know what kind of talks Conte had with our staff over the past year(s) but it sure involved signing better players. If Conte asked for (good) wingers and we can only provide Nani at best, then you can't even blame the guy. We came to the point when club doesn't look ambitious enough for our coach and when it comes to that it's pretty normal to end the terms.

It's not like this is something new. It's been years how we always sign non-expensive players, plus guys that come on a free transfer. I said it before, I'd be hugely surprised if we managed to sign some player for 20+ mln this summer without Pogba's departure. Just look at our past transfers, we're not spending big, but people just refuse that and like every summer they have high hopes for a WC player.

Ranocchia/Paletta, Evra
Pererya, Lulic
Nani, Menez, Osvaldo (loan)

These targets are realistic and how Juve roles. It's surely not something to brag about and if Conte doesn't think he can work with that, then he has every right to leave the club.

One more important thing is the age factor. Just look how many old players we have at the moment (not to mention that those players are pretty much our key players). That's pretty worrying. It's obvious that this team requires heavier investments in order to stay at the top and do well Europe. So if Conte signs a new contract our board would have to promise him heavy investments and I'm sure they are not in a position to do so. I still think the same, even if Conte stays he's not gonna be here for a long time, maybe just one more year. And we're in a huge trouble when that happens.

Mar 9, 2006
Let's make it clear - our transfer budget is around 35-40 millions of euro, now add here money from sales of Vucinic 10-12m, Quagliarella 7-8m, Motta 1m, Ziegler 2-3m, plus we'll definitely sell 50% of rights on some of our youngers, but before we have to wait for the decision of federation on co-ownership deals, maybe they will forbid this kind of deals and after paying for 2nd 50% of isla's transfer we still will have 50-55m to buy good quality players

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juventino[RUS];4548723 said:
Let's make it clear - our transfer budget is around 35-40 millions of euro, now add here money from sales of Vucinic 10-12m, Quagliarella 7-8m, Motta 1m, Ziegler 2-3m, plus we'll definitely sell 50% of rights on some of our youngers, but before we have to wait for the decision of federation on co-ownership deals, maybe they will forbid this kind of deals and after paying for 2nd 50% of isla's transfer we still will have 50-55m to buy good quality players
I don't think they can put up 35-40M cash, is probably half of that.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
He isn't going to come out and say our budget is big, if he does then other clubs can demand X amount when we come knocking, but I still don't think we can buy a 25m player, we are in a financial straight jacket until next summer when the Adidas deal kicks in and we get better sponsorship deal.

People shouldn't be surprised, we all know this already.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If they are this poor and can't even spend 15m, why not sell the club? Or even bring new investors? Don't get me wrong, I like the Agnelli/Elkann's but clearly football these days is a rich mans game and the business it is involved in is very expensive.

I would love for the FFP to even things out but that just won't happen and even if it does the EPL makes so much more money than we do. Basically what will be left is a major league like the Americans with all the best teams in Europe. That will be the only way for prestigious teams like Juve, Inter, Milan, Dortmund and a few others to compete. The EPL is way too powerful these days and unless you have an Arab's owning your team it will be very difficult to compete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)