king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Might not have much of a choice.

As it stands, he is currently the 5th striker, and for all the slack Martinez has gotten so far (although he's barely played so far), his versatility on both wings and as a second striker make him far more versatile that Iaquinta.

And trust me, it hurts me to say that, because I really like Iaquinta.
Iaquinta can be used in Amauri's place too. If we sell Iaquinta we will have only two players for that position and it's not enough considering Trez' injuries and Amauri's likely inconsistency.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Sure, but it makes it a whole lot easier when the player and agent have their hearts set on joining one particular club. Of course, it also doesn't hurt that the player's contract runs out the following season. And since we met CSKA's original asking price, I don't see how this is some major coup.

I do think Krasic will turn out to be well worth the money spent, though.
Did Krasic have his heart set on a move to Juve before Marotta spoke to him or did Marotta convince him Juve was the club for him?

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Did Krasic have his heart set on a move to Juve before Marotta spoke to him or did Marotta convince him Juve was the club for him?
I know you're talking to Andy here buddy, but if memory serves me...

It seemed pretty clear that he respected the club previously, but I think it was Marotta who convinced Krasic of the plans that were taking shape, and his ability to be a protagonist in the resurrection of a European giant.

Not to mention the outpouring of love from Juventus fans once the link was made, and their comparisons of Milos to Nedved. I think that gave him a pretty big chub...

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I am quite happy with his work so far apart from getting rid of Gio with option to buy and signing someone like Martinez for such a high price. I can understand how people might get over excited after the last two signings especially since only a week ago we looked as if we had went stale in the market but there is still some businees to be done lets hope we sign the players we need and don't get rid of any of our important players.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yeah he is only on loan too so nothing too upsetting about that move, if he had of bought him out right i would of been very sceptical as i am with the jorge move.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He is a very limited player, to me he is a harder working better defending version of Marchionni (i think that is how to spell his name can't remember anymore)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
True but as a hardworking sub for Krasic he could be useful. Thing is that we are probably going to deploy him as a starter on the left.
For me its to early to really determine who is going to be starting on the left. Martinez is highly rated but LM is not his normal position and we have seen only very little of him at Juve. I'm hoping that he will find his form because I consider him a better player than Pepe.

Lanzafame was poor against Sturm Graz and in the TIM but he is still young and somewhat of an unknown quantity so honestly any of the three could step up and take the left side spot.

So far I agree that Pepe has been the best of the three, it was clear in the past few games that when we were vulnerable down either flank, DN was able to move Pepe there and his work rate really helped out defensively.
It would be useful to have him on Left if we are still using PDC or Grosso this season.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
He can get all the insults in the world but at least no one will call him "worse than Secco" now. Though the next summer may be even more difficult for poor Beppe:

Motta+Aquilani+Pepe = 30~40M from 2011/12 budget and still no new names for hungry fans = Fucko Beppo ;)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
get Bocchetti and Tremoulinas.

get rid of Grosso and Zebina.

win the Scudetto.

become a legend.
According to Marotta (before the Aquilani signing) we are getting one midfielder and one defender. Sounds like no new LB to me.

Not to mention no matter how good of players Marotta signs we still have Del Neri to manage them:scared:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 173)