tibike

Dec 11, 2007
I have a feeling Pepe will shine with Aquilani and Marchisio in the middle. He's limited, but with those two as CMs, we might just get the best out of him. His pace and work rate make him a good target for through balls, plus he has a cross decent enough to provide Amauri with some good chances.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Definitely happier with this guy then I was a few days ago. I don't think that leaving signings to the last week of the mercato is a very smart tactic for a transfer manager though.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I know, but my point was more about the kind of the deal you might want.

For example if you're waiting to raid Man City or Real Madrid it's better to wait till end when they have to cut out their deadwood.

I agree with your point though.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
:lol: He got Krasic and Aquilani on loan now he is the best?
No it's not like that, I always said that he's going the right way with his work and we shouldn't expect superstars this year while most people here kept bashing him before he even started. As soon as he signed krasic and loaned Aquilani suddenly they're all "forza marottaaa!!!! Your eye looks just fine!!"

I'm sure you know how annoying that is..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And one more point in regards to Gamaro's point. The reason why they brought in both Pepe and Martinez is for the simple fact that Marotta said at the beginning of the season that he planned to bring in 7 wingers.
I still don't understand this. Seven wingers? Did he really say that? Since you can only use two at a time, and there are only seven bench spots per match, this makes no sense. Did he really claim that?

Whatever the case, we had a winger in Giovinco. I don't see the point in spending 12M for Martinez when Seba is probably just as good. I'm also not a big fan of Pepe.

So to me, I'm only impressed with Krasic. And then again, like I said before, it's not like some major coup. It's a good signing, but Marotta is just doing his job in this case. It's nothing spectacular.

:lol: He got Krasic and Aquilani on loan now he is the best?
Yes, why? Well, Krasic was a non-EU player who had no leverage on his original club and every club in the world was interested in the fit Aquilani.

To put it in perspective, we signed Neymar and Hamsick. :agree:

That's how it works right here. It won't be long until we hear members bashing him again after we have signed Burdisso next week.
Those that currently love him at the moment, yes. I can see that happening, but rightfully so.

Did Krasic have his heart set on a move to Juve before Marotta spoke to him or did Marotta convince him Juve was the club for him?
I know you're talking to Andy here buddy, but if memory serves me...

It seemed pretty clear that he respected the club previously, but I think it was Marotta who convinced Krasic of the plans that were taking shape, and his ability to be a protagonist in the resurrection of a European giant.

Not to mention the outpouring of love from Juventus fans once the link was made, and their comparisons of Milos to Nedved. I think that gave him a pretty big chub...
Rollie said it. I know folks are looking for any piece of information that provides support to Marotta, but lets be honest here. Krasic was a sure bet as long as we met CSKA's demands. We did, and that's what needed to be done. Good job Marotta for the signing, but please, even Secco could have made this signing.

Getting Pepe was :tdown: also.

And it seems increasing likely that Grosso and PDC will be our LBs.
Another LB could possibly come. Not sure. But what you claim wouldn't surprise me.

But let the fuore from my post ensure, that I'm not all giddy with glee towards Marotta for signing typical players over the last few years.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If we work a dynamic, harmonic partnership with Marchisio and Aquilani where the former steps up his game and the latter stays injury free, there is no need for Hamsik, even though I like the player a lot.

Why did I sound like Akhmedios?

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I have a feeling Pepe will shine with Aquilani and Marchisio in the middle. He's limited, but with those two as CMs, we might just get the best out of him. His pace and work rate make him a good target for through balls, plus he has a cross decent enough to provide Amauri with some good chances.
hope aquilani will deliver good through in passes... i don't want a season with 12325 crosses

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'm more skeptical about Martinez then I'm with Pepe. It's still interesting to see if we manage to get another LM and sell Iaquinta, or keep Iaquinta and let Martinez rotate with Lanzafame/Pepe for the left wing.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Considering how we signed Pepe I think it was a smart piece of business, there arent many other wingers we could have boutht for 10m euros spread over 4 years, so I'm quite happy with that signing. I know Pepe isn't outstanding, but I see him as very similar to Dirk Kuyt - tons of energy, determination and passion just lacking a real killer instinct.

I agree with Klin - I think Martinez was the only questionable signing we have made so far in this window, his record at catania was good but we overpaid for him. He's 27 years old so he's not exactly a future star. I hope he proves me wrong but I would have rather we signed someone else for that money

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Even if he's an expensive purchase I don't understand why we shouldn't go for it, it's obvious that he's a fantastic player. It's not like nedved was cheap when we got him.
yes but we had just sold ZZ for a lot of :money: :money: :money: & i think Pippo was sold around teh same time as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 164)