Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Marotta is really not that smart one,he is not bad but not great.

I find a convincing excuse for those who thinks he is smart and it is Secco,yes anyone takes Secco's place will look great cos there is no one worse than Secco.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
1st of all as Bjerknes said Krasic deal was not a miracle as Krasic was really in our hand,he wants to play for us and his club was willing to sell and his price was good so what else u need.As for those 3 millions saved i don't consider this amount of money is valuable for a club like Juve,if he was really clever he would have succeeded in negotiations with Wolfs over Dzeko when thay asked 40m,in those kinds of deals he has to save money,so he had to manage atleast by giving them some cash + one of our rubbish players like Tiago or Poulsen.(the same thing Moggi did in 2004 when he brought Canna by sending the useless Carini to the other side).

The 2nd thing,and this is a Q that still i don't find an ans for it,If DN likes to play simone pepe n bench Martinez then WHY Marotta bought Martinez and loand in Pepe?:shifty:

I think it was more logical to buy Pepe if they believe in him.

The 3rd thing,there were really many useless transfers(in or out) have been made by him this summer like:

-What is the use of sendind out on loan 2 good young players like Ekdal n Ariaudo who were going to be very good subs n then search in the market for their replacement in some old n average players like Gallas n Ledesma.

-Why the hell he brought back Lanzafame n sent out Seba?
Is Lanza better than Seba?
I know Lanza is god but not as Seba.

-Why he bought Storari if we already have Alex who we all saw how good he was when played for months in 2008 ?

Instead of getting happy that he saved 3 million in Krasic deal,we should regret for wasting 4.5 in Storari's signing.

-I myself is one of the very few members here who likes Martinez,but since the 1st day we got him i said that 12 m is frankly much and at the time i thought he was going to be a startar,but now after i knew that he is a bench player then i would say that price is too much,we would have kept Yago then for the bench,he is good.

Mar 28, 2007
looks like whatever marotta did.. some people will never satisfied... its hard to please everyone thou.. he maybe not perfect but if we know he did his best to his ability.. i'm satisfied. and remember, he was the one that pick up all the "trashes" secco left behind..

p/s: marotta knows football.. that the fact! what secco can do.. marotta can too... butwhat marotta can do.. secco may not or cannot!!!

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Same here. I was always firm in the optimism that he just needed time and he was playing it smart, never in a rush (or to overspend). As a result we got one of the most talented young CBs in italy, possibly one of its best CMs, a great right winger, promoted some youth and playing them consistently, a new good young RB to start and hopefully a LB soon. He has also given us some depth and options with Pepe/Martinez.

That alone should shut people up. I know I always wanted Dzeko but that was just my personal dream (obviously didn't come true) but I always kept the faith in Marotta.

And wouldn't you know it, we kept Diego :D

I see no reason to be anything less than optimistic after his first season in charge for us.
Well said Hustini. People shouldn't really have judged him before the transfer window closed. I think they just got tired of the inactivity which led them to believe Marotta was not doing his job well.

Just because we don't hear about every little rumor or detail doesn't mean the man isn't hard at work as we can definitely now see.
:tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sure, but it makes it a whole lot easier when the player and agent have their hearts set on joining one particular club. Of course, it also doesn't hurt that the player's contract runs out the following season. And since we met CSKA's original asking price, I don't see how this is some major coup.

I do think Krasic will turn out to be well worth the money spent, though.

Hey, I don't have anything against Italians, including Italian players. I'm pretty happy with the signing of Bonucci and he's Italian, right? And yes, if Aquilani was French, I would call him the oft-injured Frenchman. :p

But lets assume that I did hate the signing because of the fact Aquilani is Italian. In my view, I wouldn't be so remiss to say that we would not have signed him if he was French. Better players are overlooked by us all the time because they are not Italian, and that is something I would like to change because we don't need any more Affirmative Action here.

I expect to sign better players than Pepe and Martinez, that's what. Those are Secco-like signings, if you want to put it that way.
The Krasic deal is not a major coup, I agree. We met their asking price. But all in all it's not a bad deal either and even if you meet the asking price, there are other clubs out there who could ruin it for you. I say well done Beppe.

As for Aquilani.. well, IMO the risk is minimal. And which better player would you have gotten at the same conditions?

Unlike some others I don't believe this suddenly is the perfect mercato, but come on Andy, give the guy a break.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This is indeed great thinking and for once we wont be the victim of the loan with the option to buy receipe.
But it has a major drawback, it commits a part of our next year's transfer budget.
If we do buy those 3, we might not be able to afford Dzeko, for 30mil as well...

Personally i ll be quite pleased by our acquisitions this year, as long as they are completed with a non Italian starter LB.
The only thing that makes us look bad are the income we got from some of our sales, esp Giovinco's and i still think that we have paid too much for Bonucci, but could be considered issues considering to what Secco did.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
-What is the use of sendind out on loan 2 good young players like Ekdal n Ariaudo who were going to be very good subs n then search in the market for their replacement in some old n average players like Gallas n Ledesma.

-Why the hell he brought back Lanzafame n sent out Seba?
Is Lanza better than Seba?
I know Lanza is god but not as Seba.

-Why he bought Storari if we already have Alex who we all saw how good he was when played for months in 2008 ?

Instead of getting happy that he saved 3 million in Krasic deal,we should regret for wasting 4.5 in Storari's signing.
Albin is not Aqua, so now we have 2dms and 2 cms

Seba cant be played as a lm

Storari, are u kidding, Buf is always injured, we need 2 good keepers for at least half a season

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Disagree about the Storari part, Manninger couldn't be a sub anymore for Gigi, he did fine in 2008, but last year he was really dissapointing imo. But you're not glad that we paid only 4.5M for a goalkeeper with the best rating in serie A last season? So far Storari hasn't made huge errors/mistakes.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
one extreme to the other on here

i think the man has done a very good job,he has overhauled the squad,sure there are some players we wish we had offloaded but he ahs done well to turn over such a large amount of playing staff already.
the job for Moggi was easier,it was always just tweaking the squad,adding here,removing tehre. this squad still needs a left back and a quality forward but for an assault on Serie A we are almost there,the man should be given credit where it is due

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So giving De Ceglie a chance to start is cool but a player like Giovinco who's so much more talented not? Why, is it cuz he is pretty? Its like, one day they do something good and he other day they talk bullshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)