AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
:tup:

We also have no idea what Beppe was planning for summer 2018, if we don’t go and blow our load on Ronaldo. Hindsight and all, so I’m not going to say Ronaldo was a bad signing at the time, as the cherry on top to get a team very close to CL glory over the top, unfortunately it failed as older players declined too much or became to injury prone.

But perhaps Beppe had been planning on spending that money a little more wisely, upgrading the midfield and so on. Who knows. Going by his time here and his time at Inter, he probably had more astute signings in mind as far as building a balanced squad goes.
Well he ended up buying Barella for Inter for example, so I'm sure that was one of them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Have we already worshiped him enough for bringing Douglas Costa who's still on our books?
No one’s saying he didn’t make mistakes. But on the whole, he was a monumental part of our success. We were CL favorites till as late as 2019 (right after Beppe left) and it was unthinkable that we would lose the Scudetto. Now look at us. Inter on the other hand have been on a completely different trajectory.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No one’s saying he didn’t make mistakes. But on the whole, he was a monumental part of our success. We were CL favorites till as late as 2019 (right after Beppe left) and it was unthinkable that we would lose the Scudetto. Now look at us. Inter on the other hand have been on a completely different trajectory.
Imagine the scenes here if he builds Inter into a CL winner. :snoop:

- - - Updated - - -

That's nothing compared to extending Khedira.
Or Tootsie’s true masterpiece of extending and giving a raise to Rugani twice in three months :lol2:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

We also have no idea what Beppe was planning for summer 2018, if we don’t go and blow our load on Ronaldo. Hindsight and all, so I’m not going to say Ronaldo was a bad signing at the time, as the cherry on top to get a team very close to CL glory over the top, unfortunately it failed as older players declined too much or became to injury prone.

But perhaps Beppe had been planning on spending that money a little more wisely, upgrading the midfield and so on. Who knows. Going by his time here and his time at Inter, he probably had more astute signings in mind as far as building a balanced squad goes.
Ronaldo was a terrible signing and Beppe knew it. No need to kid ourselves anymore.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Rabiot & Ramsey are beppe-style transfers.

My feeling is that if he had things go his way he would have still signed them on big contracts but wouldn't have splashed the cash on Ronaldo and De Ligt, and wouldnt have bet on Pirlo. In this scenario we might have still struggled on the pitch (unless the post-Sarri coach was a great one) but would have had enough money to quickly recover rather than do deals like Cancelo/Danilo, Arthur/Pjanic,.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Rabiot & Ramsey are beppe-style transfers.

My feeling is that if he had things go his way he would have still signed them on big contracts but wouldn't have splashed the cash on Ronaldo and De Ligt, and wouldnt have bet on Pirlo. In this scenario we might have still struggled on the pitch (unless the post-Sarri coach was a great one) but would have had enough money to quickly recover rather than do deals like Cancelo/Danilo, Arthur/Pjanic,.
What? We wouldn’t have fired Max, wouldn’t have brought in Sarri, and the team would have looked very different today. Probably much more well-balanced and well thought out. We’d probably have players like Barella now. And a proper Higuain replacement. I could see him signing one of Rabiot or Ramsey, but not both.

I don’t know if his plan would have us winning CL, we came as close as possible without actually winning twice. But, I do believe we’d still be dominating Italy

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What? We wouldn’t have fired Max, wouldn’t have brought in Sarri, and the team would have looked very different today. Probably much more well-balanced and well thought out. We’d probably have players like Barella now. And a proper Higuain replacement.

I don’t know if his plan would have us winning CL, we came as close as possible without actually winning twice. But, I do believe we’d still be dominating Italy
Fair point. I guess in my mind Beppe was in agreement that a change of coach was needed and was on board with the move towards more offensive style football. My reading is that his difference with the current management was in the degree of risk/ scale of spending in a short amount of time, rather than in the style of football or season objectives.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Fair point. I guess in my mind Beppe was in agreement that a change of coach was needed and was on board with the move towards more offensive style football. My reading is that his difference with the current management was in the degree of risk/ scale of spending in a short amount of time, rather than in the style of football or season objectives.
How exactly was he on board with that? 17-18 was our highest scoring season of the modern era, a domestic double, and a high point total. Came up just short in CL with some obvious weaknesses that needed fixing. Unfortunately we went all in on the Ronaldo short term fix and ignored those weaknesses. Beppe and Max had an excellent working relationship from everything I’ve ever read.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Find out whatever he wants and provide it to him so he comes back. Give him all of the money, all of the power, all of the women we have a serious rebuilding job on a limited budget this guy is the only one who can fix the mess so step #1 should be lure him back

Mar 10, 2009
Find out whatever he wants and provide it to him so he comes back. Give him all of the money, all of the power, all of the women we have a serious rebuilding job on a limited budget this guy is the only one who can fix the mess so step #1 should be lure him back
We once said the same thing when we got rid of Allegri. I don't think the fix will be as simple.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
President unibrow did him dirty. There’s no coming back from that kind of treachery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)