The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Is Bonucci going to be more useful this season and next than Higuain? Absolutely.

This year we managed to sell a star player and replace him with arguably the greatest to ever do it.

As of right now, no one else from the starting XI from last year has been sold.

I get it with the rage over Caldara being sold, but he would have been , at best, 4th choice CB this season, unless he really put in some monster performances to convince Allegri otherwise.
The return of Bonucci might have sense from a technical perspective but Juve is also emotions for us right? Have you read what Zoff said lately? That once you left Juve there was no way back. Now look at the Bonnu's example, he left us for Milan (of all the clubs, players who have had a bond with their clubs usually leave to play abroad) last year for money and now he's coming back like nothing happened. What is more, we are giving them Higuain who's been loyal to us and did not want to leave and Caldara. Cronaldo transfer has absolutely nothing to do with it. We are bringing back a traitor and that's the whole point.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The return of Bonucci might have sense from a technical perspective but Juve is also emotions for us right? Have you read what Zoff said lately? That once you left Juve there was no way back. Now look at the Bonnu's example, he left us for Milan (of all the clubs, players who has had a bond with their clubs usually leave to play abroad) last year for money and now he's coming back like nothing happened. What is more, we are giving them Higuain who's been loyal to us and did not want to leave and Caldara. Cronaldo transfer has absolutely nothing to do with it. We are bringing back a traitor and that's the whole point.
We bring loaned players back all the time. Bonucci was out on a brief loan to gain life experience.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The return of Bonucci might have sense from a technical perspective but Juve is also emotions for us right? Have you read what Zoff said lately? That once you left Juve there was no way back. Now look at the Bonnu's example, he left us for Milan (of all the clubs, players who have had a bond with their clubs usually leave to play abroad) last year for money and now he's coming back like nothing happened. What is more, we are giving them Higuain who's been loyal to us and did not want to leave and Caldara. Cronaldo transfer has absolutely nothing to do with it. We are bringing back a traitor and that's the whole point.
For the fans, yes.

For the club, absolutely not. It's business. And in regards to Zoff's comments. If Pogba wanted to find a way back here, you're damn right that this club would do everything it could to make it happen.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
For the fans, yes.

For the club, absolutely not. It's business. And in regards to Zoff's comments. If Pogba wanted to find a way back here, you're damn right that this club would do everything it could to make it happen.
I agree we should do everything if we could get Pogba back, but the way Bonucci exited the club is different from Pogba though.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I wonder if Beppe has any other 'aces' up his sleeve for what's left of the transfer market or just call it a mercatto chiuso after this swap deal, i incline to think that from now on we'll just be looking to balance the books by selling/loaning out a couple more youngsters along with some deadwood, which would be the logical thing to do rn.

One fact is for sure tho, on paper as it is now this Juventus is perhaps stronger than ever. :tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I wonder if Beppe has any other 'aces' up his sleeve for what's left of the transfer market or just call it a mercatto chiuso after this swap deal, i incline to think that from now on we'll just be looking to balance the books by selling/loaning out a couple more youngsters along with some deadwood, which would be the logical thing to do rn.

One fact is for sure tho, on paper as it is now this Juventus is perhaps stronger than ever. :tup:
No. Not stronger than late 90s or mid 80s.

But stronger than any point post-calciopoli :agree:

Surprised you think this though. Considering you think our new starting CB is one of the worst CBs of all time. :p

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I agree we should do everything if we could get Pogba back, but the way Bonucci exited the club is different from Pogba though.
Ok, so I guess the whole "Bla, bla bla" twitter campaign was somehow a classier exit? Stating that he was on holiday for 4 years is better than how Bonucci left?

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
We bring loaned players back all the time. Bonucci was out on a brief loan to gain life experience.
I really don't find this whole situation funny. Neither Juve nor Milan are their actual board members. The clubs are represented by their fans and Milanisti hate our guts. Do you think they felt sorry for us when Lega demoted us to Serie B or when we were a mid-table team for two seasons? Do they congratulate us on our current success? NO! Therefore I don't give a single fuck about the friendly relations Marotta have with them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I really don't find this whole situation funny. Neither Juve nor Milan are their actual board members. The clubs are represented by their fans and Milanisti hate our guts. Do you think they felt sorry for us when Lega demoted us to Serie B or when we were a mid-table team for two seasons? Do they congratulate us on our current success? NO! Therefore I don't give a single fuck about the friendly relations Marotta have with them.
This situation isn't funny. No. It's wonderful.

We upgraded a fat choker to the best CL player of all time, and upgraded an unproven child who has never even played in a back 4 to a top 3 CB in football.

People be mad tho. Now that's funny. :lol:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
This situation isn't funny. No. It's wonderful.

We upgraded a fat choker to the best CL player of all time, and upgraded an unproven child who has never even played in a back 4 to a top 3 CB in football.

People be mad tho. Now that's funny. :lol:
Why do you put CR transfer into the mix? How is it related? The board decided to bend over Milan and take Bonucci back so that they will kindly take one of the best strikers in the game on loan and one of the brightest prospects in Italy in return for an overpaid traitor coming from a ridiculously bad season. Chapeau bas Marotta.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why do you put CR transfer into the mix? How is it related? The board decided to bend over Milan and take Bonucci back so that they will kindly take one of the best strikers in the game on loan and one of the brightest prospects in Italy in return for an overpaid traitor coming from a ridiculously bad season. Chapeau bas Marotta.
Because unless you are completely oblivious, you understand there is a "big picture" and context to each transfer.

As soon as Ronaldo was signed, Higgy needed to be offloaded. No one wanted him but Milan, and we managed to get a CB who was considered top 3-5 in all football just last summer in the mix.

So context says upgrading Higuain to Ronaldo, and Caldara to Bonucci means we are massively improved. But keep crying. I'd much rather be a worse team just because we need to punish that traitor :baus: :lol:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
No. Not stronger than late 90s or mid 80s.

But stronger than any point post-calciopoli :agree:

Surprised you think this though. Considering you think our new starting CB is one of the worst CBs of all time. :p
Man you must seriously be confusing me for someone else, when did i ever say he is one of the worst CB's of all time? yes i strongly dislike Bonucci for the way he left us but that doesn't mean i haven't appreciated his time spent here before that, he was one of the best CB's around at the time, but it's perfectly normal to have some doubts about him after what we seen of him in Milan this past season, he was flopping all over the place, he wasn't the same Bonucci anymore and there's no absolute guarantee that he will regain full confidence and form after coming back here, for all we know right now everything is open for debate, for Juventus's good i hope and have faith in him to perform to his usual self but make no mistake that acting as childish and blind as perhaps you and some other posters here have ever since Bonucci links came out has been not far from pathetic tbh, pretending nothing ever happened and that he is the same player as when he left, some idiots even defending his celebration against us at our own stadium and talking about how he is the missing piece for us to win UCL and suddenly downrating Caldara as not being a promising talent anymore, that my friend is just some sort of reverse fanboy meltdown whether you want to accept it or not, i'm just being realistic without taking u-turns on how i rate a player from one month to the other while some of you seem to be blindly defending this move to the core without even giving any thought to the facts people have been pointing out in justifying their doubts regarding his comeback, not everyone who's opposing this move necessarily talks just out of hate or doesn't rate him at all.

And yes, this team even with a question mark Bonucci on paper is stronger than it ever was, squad depth wise there's not even a debate, what those 80's/90's teams managed to accomplish is much different to how the teams looked on paper in comparison.

Milantuzz

Aug 1, 2018
Actually we felt sorry for you during your tough period after CalciopolO and we weren't happy that u got demoted. BUT after MuntarO 2012...after that we despite your cheating asses. Common sense is a good thing, u may use it sometimes. BYE GG BAN me now.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Man you must seriously be confusing me for someone else, when did i ever say he is one of the worst CB's of all time? yes i strongly dislike Bonucci for the way he left us but that doesn't mean i haven't appreciated his time spent here before that, he was one of the best CB's around at the time, but it's perfectly normal to have some doubts about him after what we seen of him in Milan this past season, he was flopping all over the place, he wasn't the same Bonucci anymore and there's no absolute guarantee that he will regain full confidence and form after coming back here, for all we know right now everything is open for debate, for Juventus's good i hope and have faith in him to perform to his usual self but make no mistake that acting as childish and blind as perhaps you and some other posters here have ever since Bonucci links came out has been not far from pathetic tbh, pretending nothing ever happened and that he is the same player as when he left, some idiots even defending his celebration against us at our own stadium and talking about how he is the missing piece for us to win UCL and suddenly downrating Caldara as not being a promising talent anymore, that my friend is just pure reverse fanboy meltdown whether you want to accept it or not, i'm just being realistic without taking u-turns on how i rate a player from one month to the other while some of you seem to be blindly defending this move to the core without even giving any thought to the facts people have been pointing out in justifying their doubts regarding his comeback, not everyone who's opposing this move necessarily talks just out of hate or doesn't rate him at all.

And yes, this team even with a question mark Bonucci on paper is stronger than it ever was, squad depth wise there's not even a debate, what those 80's/90's teams managed to accomplish is much different to how the teams looked on paper in comparison.
What? I'm not defending his celebration. I was disappointed he didn't do bigger celebration, more over the top.

- - - Updated - - -
@DAiDEViL

New term: "Pure Reverse Fanboy Meltdown"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)