Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So many millions down the drain...
Those names, those millions and all the other loaning of our youngsters and include a buy out clause for peanuts and those releases and zero income...
Those memories hurt so much, but then we got Higuain and everything has changed!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Borriello won us the first scudetto and was a cheap loan.

Estigarribia cost about €4 and was also only on loan.

Gabbiadini never played for us but we made profit on him.

Lemina squad player and made a profit.

Neto freebie and good back up, sold for pure profit.

I'd also argue against Zaza, broke even on the sale and he scored that winner against Nipples.
Sure we can disagree about the specifics. If you are right then the trend towards getting better at his jobs is even more vivid.

Apr 19, 2007
Sure we can disagree about the specifics. If you are right then the trend towards getting better at his jobs is even more vivid.
I wouldnt say hes getting better I just think he has less signings and they can be better quality than in the beginning. He made some great signings back then but changed the entire team in just a few years.
Also Howedes on loan want a bad transfer IMO it was unlucky that he got hurt. If he purchased a player with injurues maybe you consider it bad but he was skeptical. Win/win to me

Jun 6, 2015
Not on their level for sure, he had a pretty good year in Serie A last season, but he never came close to returning the value from his fee or his salary.
He had a great year last season. This season was pretty good. We overpaid roughly €20M for him everyone knows that including Marotta. Calling him a flop is just factually incorrect.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He had a great year last season. This season was pretty good. We overpaid roughly €20M for him everyone knows that including Marotta. Calling him a flop is just factually incorrect.
No he didn't. In Serie A yes, but we didn't pay 90 million for him for that, plain and simple. 20? Try more like 45.

Again, not a flop like those other two, but considering what he was paid, how much he played and what was expected of him - yes he is.

Jun 6, 2015
No he didn't. In Serie A yes, but we didn't pay 90 million for him for that, plain and simple. 20? Try more like 45.

Again, not a flop like those other two, but considering what he was paid, how much he played and what was expected of him - yes he is.
Sorry you are just simply wrong. You not liking the player doesn't make him a flop. Your valuation of him is completely off too.

Jun 6, 2015
Sorry you are just simply wrong. You liking the player doesn't make him a not flop. Your valuation of him is completely off too.
Noice.

I don't like Higuain, don't hate him either like you clearly do. I'm just against spouting outward lies to build some weird false narratives.

So you agree with our resident Higgy hater here that fair valuation for him coming of a historic Serie A season where he broke the all time Serie A scoring record is €45M? Or perhaps you agree that Higgy is worthy of a flop tag to be put in the same category as Malaka Martinez?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Noice.

I don't like Higuain, don't hate him either like you clearly do. I'm just against spouting outward lies to build some weird false narratives.

So you agree with our resident Higgy hater here that fair valuation for him coming of a historic Serie A season where he broke the all time Serie A scoring record is €45M? Or perhaps you agree that Higgy is worthy of a flop tag to be put in the same category as Malaka Martinez?
Lol, what? I never said that. I said he barely paid half of the price he was paid, not that he was worth 45 after his best season. But he never played as a 90 million striker and that's a fact.

There are certain things you expect from a player payed that amount of money and you can ask anyone in the world, even Beppe would tell you he did not sign him to continue dominance in Serie A but to make a step up in CL. It's just plain, simple logic.

You can also try to repeat that Malaka reference as much as you want, won't make what you're saying any more true, because I never put them in the same category of flops.

Jun 6, 2015
Lol, what? I never said that. I said he barely paid half of the price he was paid, not that he was worth 45 after his best season. But he never played as a 90 million striker and that's a fact.

There are certain things you expect from a player payed that amount of money and you can ask anyone in the world, even Beppe would tell you he did not sign him to continue dominance in Serie A but to make a step up in CL. It's just plain, simple logic.

You can also try to repeat that Malaka reference as much as you want, won't make what you're saying any more true, because I never put them in the same category of flops.
I said we overpaid roughly €20M for him. You said...
20? Try more like 45
Neither of us know what Beppe was thinking when making this signing. Beppe's imaginary thought process is such a weird argument to use. I didn't use Malaka to make my point, you used him trying make yours. Don't see how you going full retard with that Malaka comment makes my argument any less true.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I said we overpaid roughly €20M for him. You said...

Neither of us know what Beppe was thinking when making this signing. Beppe's imaginary thought process is such a weird argument to use. I didn't use Malaka to make my point, you used him trying make yours. Don't see how you going full retard with that Malaka comment makes my argument any less true.
I meant we overpaid based on his production at Juve, idc what he did at Napoli.

Yeah, we do know, no one is stupid, you're just acting like it's completely fine we broke all time financial record of the club for someone who had 2-3 great games in CL and stuffed teams that we stuffed without him. As I said, it's simple logic and a fact we did not need to spend 90 million to keep winning Serie A. Not saying it's unimportant, but it's not worth the price.

No, I never used Malaka to make my point about Higuain. I simply mentioned him as a player we threw money on when we couldn't really afford to in a bad financial situation. Higuain is another story, another level, another expectation completely.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Higuain was, and probably still is, a 60 million Euro striker.

- - - Updated - - -

New RB, new CB, new LB/RB, solid 2nd keeper, good midfielder for free, no big sales yet :)D), and new contracts offered to Sandro/Pjanic...so far, your assessment of the Great Man?
Early days. So far, so good. Improve the quality of our midfield further (shouldn't be that hard considering who we have), and keep all our star players, and I'd probably rate the mercato a solid 8, possibly even a 9 if he brings in SMS and Martial :baus: :tup:

Midfielder wasn't for "Free" btw :p

- - - Updated - - -

You have a Stu post alert or what?
Yes I do :D

Jun 6, 2015
I meant we overpaid based on his production at Juve, idc what he did at Napoli.

Yeah, we do know, no one is stupid, you're just acting like it's completely fine we broke all time financial record of the club for someone who had 2-3 great games in CL and stuffed teams that we stuffed without him. As I said, it's simple logic and a fact we did not need to spend 90 million to keep winning Serie A. Not saying it's unimportant, but it's not worth the price.

No, I never used Malaka to make my point about Higuain. I simply mentioned him as a player we threw money on when we couldn't really afford to in a bad financial situation. Higuain is another story, another level, another expectation completely.
I think we have a quite different definition for what we consider as facts.

It's all fine thinking we shouldn't have signed Higuain or that we overpaid for him. My problem is with the over exaggerations people use to try to put him down every chance they get. Personal bias against a certain player shouldn't stop a reasonable person from making balanced arguments.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
And where did I over exaggerate?

1. He was not needed to continue winning in Serie A even though he was great last year in the league. Much cheaper striker like Džeko, at that point even Falcao, would've done the job. Heck, Tevez did it for 9 fucking times less the price, think about that.
2. He did not step up in CL. He had 2 really great games, against Monaco and Tottenham in London. The first one in Turin started great but he still fucked up by missing easy chances that would've sealed the tie right there and then.
3. Tbh I don't even mind lack of goals sometimes, it's everything else I expect from a striker like him. He never managed to hold up play consistently (2 games where he looks amazing, then 2 games of just falling over), never brought everyone else in play, never won enough FKs and penalties consistently, never been good in duels, aerial or others etc.
4. He doesn't fit with Dybala, and generally with our team when we spread play and cross a lot. He wants the ball at his feet, rarely attacks open space and overruns defenders. He's basically been a poacher who still doesn't score consistently enough. Just one of those things would've been fine, but he was rarely in rhythm, in sync with rest of the team.

All of that would be fine if he was paid nice 45 million, had a 5 million wage and wasn't considered one of the best in the world. But with price tag, salary, status, popularity come certain expectations and he did not fulfill them.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Early days. So far, so good. Improve the quality of our midfield further (shouldn't be that hard considering who we have), and keep all our star players, and I'd probably rate the mercato a solid 8, possibly even a 9 if he brings in SMS and Martial :baus: :tup:
:tup::tup:
----

Can was for free, as far as we know. Is it confirmed the 16m comes out of the transfer purse? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 18)