Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think it would be interesting to see the value of our team when he took over and the value now. Factor in money spent. Not the value of Juventus but the actual players owned on the team or loaned out.
As in all the players we currently have/own/loan? Or each player since like 2009/10 or whenever the current board took over? From the years of Matri to Higuain...huge difference for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

So far we have spent (or will be spending) 12m (Perin), 38m+2 (Cancelo), and 15m (Can's agent fee)...67m spent already without player sales.

Seems like at his point any reinforcement we make will be the result of a sale...such as the rumors of Godin/de Ligt would only come at he sale of Benatia/Rugani...higuain/icardi swap, etc.

Did we really spend the majority of our budget on Cancelo?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
As in all the players we currently have/own/loan? Or each player since like 2009/10 or whenever the current board took over? From the years of Matri to Higuain...huge difference for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

So far we have spent (or will be spending) 12m (Perin), 38m+2 (Cancelo), and 15m (Can's agent fee)...67m spent already without player sales.

Seems like at his point any reinforcement we make will be the result of a sale...such as the rumors of Godin/de Ligt would only come at he sale of Benatia/Rugani...higuain/icardi swap, etc.

I was trying to say if you give the value of every player from 2011 or 12 when Beppe took over and took the value of every player and the team now. Whats the difference in value of our current players? For instance our players total worth was 350 mil in 2012 and now its 950 mil. Thats an increase in 600 mil in value and assets. Take away the net money spent and it would be interesting to see how our purchases have increased our value

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I was trying to say if you give the value of every player from 2011 or 12 when Beppe took over and took the value of every player and the team now. Whats the difference in value of our current players? For instance our players total worth was 350 mil in 2012 and now its 950 mil. Thats an increase in 600 mil in value and assets. Take away the net money spent and it would be interesting to see how our purchases have increased our value
Got it :tup:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I bought a sack of potatoes for 60cents 10 years ago and now sack of potatoes costs 1.69€ WOHOO I AM A BRILLIANT BUSINESSMANN

Apr 19, 2007
I bought a sack of potatoes for 60cents 10 years ago and now sack of potatoes costs 1.69€ WOHOO I AM A BRILLIANT BUSINESSMANN
Seriously you dont think being able to spend 40 mil a season and getting us from a team of matris to where we are now is good business? Business is all about growing assets and revenue. We are doing that pretty well

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

That's a wrong calculus IMO. We only read about those 16M that Can cost us because he was supposed to be free. That 38+2M for Cancelo surely doesn't include signing and agent fees. If they are included, means that transfer sums are reported quite strangely, like in Pogba's deal. Signing on fees and agent fees are payed by the buying club.

Apr 19, 2007
That's a wrong calculus IMO. We only read about those 16M that Can cost us because he was supposed to be free. That 38+2M for Cancelo surely doesn't include signing and agent fees. If they are included, means that transfer sums are reported quite strangely, like in Pogba's deal. Signing on fees and agent fees are payed by the buying club.
I think thats why we hear about them on Can but not others. They take a cut so on free players they need some money so its not really free. Otherwise its tied into the price. Ive always thought that Raiola said we dont have to pay him a fee for Pogba but he gets a larger cut when we sell. But thats just my specualtion

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
2010/11:
Good Signings: Bonnuci, Storari, Quags, Pepe, Matri, Barzaghli,
Bad Signings: Del Neri (coach), Krasic, Martines, Motta, Toni, Aquilani, Sorensen

2011/12:
Good Signings: Conte (coach), Vucinic, Pirlo, Vidal, Licht, Giach, Padoin, Cacares
Bad Signings: Elia, Borriello, Estigbarria, Ziegler, Pazienza.

2012/13:
Good Signings: Asamoah, Pogba,
Bad Signings: Peluso, Isla, Giovinco, Anelka, Lucio, Gabbiadini, Bendtner

2013/14:
Good Signings: Tevez, Llorente
Bad Signings: Ogbonna, Zaza, Osvaldo

2014/15:
Good Signings: Allegri (coach), Morata, Stu, Evra, Pereyra, Koman,
Bad Signings: Romulo

2015/16
Good Signings: Dybala, Sandro, Manbro, Caudrado, Khedira.
Bad Signings: Hernanes, Lemina, Neto.

2016/17:
Good Signings: Huguain, Pjanic Benatia, Alves.
Bad Signings: Pjaca (maybe), Rincon

2017/18
Good Signings: Berna (maybe), Matuidi, Costa, MDS, Woj, Bentancur.
Bad Signings: Howedes.

I tried to include all first team/bench signings he made for us. I didn't include sales and you can disagree with me on this guy or that guy but definitely a couple of things stand out:
1) The ratio between good and bad transfers is getting better over time. We more rarely have useless bad signings.
2) For the most part, bad signings have been cheap youngsters or free oldies. Ogbonnas and Zazas are exceptions not normal.

He has done a brilliant job after a rough start with a bad coach and a bunch of bad signings in one shot in year one but from year 2 onwards, he has always done well and our coaches have been awesome in using the players he gave them.

When he does upset me its usually by not holding onto players rather than buying players I dont think are any good.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
He has done a brilliant job after a rough start with a bad coach and a bunch of bad signings in one shot in year one but from year 2 onwards, he has always done well and our coaches have been awesome in using the players he gave them.

When he does upset me its usually by not holding onto players rather than buying players I dont think are any good.
Marotta is a great general manager/sporting director. One of the best in Italy and Europe, and I agree with the analysis apart from the lack non-signings ie. replacements for our midfielders and that we have bought players best suited for 3 different systems ie. Higuain, Dybala, loads of wingers, Pjanic and so on. Then there's the frantic overspending on Higuain (Disclaimer: I'm a fan of MIss Piggy).

The last couple of years have lacked a clear idea of what players to buy for which system, or there have been an under par evaluation of where X player could play in Y system. This is the key to why we have been playing soem shitty ass football and been dominated by Barca, Real, and Spurs. Get back on the path and together with Allegri build a clear identity, and we can challenge for the CL next season (a trophy that is up for grabs).

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Good signings Higuain ::lol3:: That analysis is incomplete at best and dumb at worst. Not only does it omit sales or transfer fees, more importantly the team's needs and how they were addressed at any given time is not reviewed at all. Trading water for gold in a desert is not a good deal

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Good signings Higuain ::lol3:: That analysis is incomplete at best and dumb at worst. Not only does it omit sales or transfer fees, more importantly the team's needs and how they were addressed at any given time is not reviewed at all. Trading water for gold in a desert is not a good deal
Hard to disagree with you on this. :tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The Accidental Footballer being labelled a good signing invalidates that whole assessment: utterly pathetic :howler:
New RB, new CB, new LB/RB, solid 2nd keeper, good midfielder for free, no big sales yet :)D), and new contracts offered to Sandro/Pjanic...so far, your assessment of the Great Man?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
2010/11:
Good Signings: Bonnuci, Storari, Quags, Pepe, Matri, Barzaghli,
Bad Signings: Del Neri (coach), Krasic, Martines, Motta, Toni, Aquilani, Sorensen

2011/12:
Good Signings: Conte (coach), Vucinic, Pirlo, Vidal, Licht, Giach, Padoin, Cacares
Bad Signings: Elia, Borriello, Estigbarria, Ziegler, Pazienza.

2012/13:
Good Signings: Asamoah, Pogba,
Bad Signings: Peluso, Isla, Giovinco, Anelka, Lucio, Gabbiadini, Bendtner

2015/16
Good Signings: Dybala, Sandro, Manbro, Caudrado, Khedira.
Bad Signings: Hernanes, Lemina, Neto.
Borriello won us the first scudetto and was a cheap loan.

Estigarribia cost about €4 and was also only on loan.

Gabbiadini never played for us but we made profit on him.

Lemina squad player and made a profit.

Neto freebie and good back up, sold for pure profit.

I'd also argue against Zaza, broke even on the sale and he scored that winner against Nipples.

Apr 19, 2007
Borriello won us the first scudetto and was a cheap loan.

Estigarribia cost about €4 and was also only on loan.

Gabbiadini never played for us but we made profit on him.

Lemina squad player and made a profit.

Neto freebie and good back up, sold for pure profit.

I'd also argue against Zaza, broke even on the sale and he scored that winner against Nipples.
Also wasnt Sorenson only 300 k or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 181)