PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Perin, Caldara, Cancelo, Can, Golovin (I like the characteristics depicted) seem like a pretty great mercato to me.

Sell the kids to finance these moves, make 1 or 2 of the signings as loans + obligation to buy for cash flow purposes, keep main players, and we are ready to roll.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Perin, Caldara, Cancelo, Can, Golovin (I like the characteristics depicted) seem like a pretty great mercato to me.

Sell the kids to finance these moves, make 1 or 2 of the signings as loans + obligation to buy for cash flow purposes, keep main players, and we are ready to roll.
That would be a very good mercato, especially if we don’t sell any of our stars.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
That would be a very good mercato, especially if we don’t sell any of our stars.
He would've reduced the average age drastically too

As i've posted in a different thread, lets assume all the rumours about our targets turn out to be true

Buffon 40 <--> Perin 25
Asamoah 29 <--> Spinazzola 25
Lichtsteiner 34 <--> Cancelo 24
Marchisio 32 <--> Can 23
Sturaro 25 <--> Golovin 22
Howedes 30 <--> Caldara 24
Benatia(?) 31 <--> Savic(?) 27

Higuain if he leaves, will almost certainly be replaced by a younger striker. Which in case we'll end up having only 2 starters above the age of 30 at most (Chiellini and Matuidi if he starts). We had 6 last season(Buffon, Benatia, Chiellini, Matuidi, Khedira, Higuain). We'd also have younger subs too(with more quality).

That would be an excellent rejuvenation job tbh.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
You don’t agree? :D

Can, Cancelo, Caldara and Perin could all potentially start for the club. And Golovin seems like a young, up and coming star with big potential to be a key member of the team.
There's a huge difference in "potentially start" and a "sure thing starter".

Besides Can and Cancelo we still need to sign at least one CL-class starter. Preferably another central midfielder. But the describe mercato is good enough for us to win another Serie A title.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

It would definitely the best mercato since 2014 but I wouldn't call it great

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marotta: Golovin, Pjanic, Darmian&#8230; | Football Italia

Beppe Marotta says Aleksandr Golovin 'is more than just a possibility for Juventus’ but 'we’re still far away’ for Matteo Darmian.

Golovin has been likened to Pjanic in playing style, with the Russian described 'better’ than the reported Barcelona target, but Marotta suggested Juve could have both midfielders on their books next season.

“Golovin? It’s more than just a possibility. We haven’t received any offers for Pjanic,” he told Corriere dello Sport.

On the other hand, the Bianconeri general manager was less optimistic about a deal for the Manchester United full-back.

“Darmian? We’re still far away,” he concluded.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
4 out of those 5 players could easily walk into our current starting lineup.
I don't know about easily, but they could potentially challenge. No significant upgrades to the starting 11, but a lot of depth options and a younger core. Hence, why it would constitute a 7/10 Mercato in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

Which was your favorite beppe mercato?
I'm not sure :think: Was it when he sold Vidal, or Perhaps Pogba? :baus: :D

I'd probably say the Mercato of the summer of 2014 because we reached the CL Final the following season. Therefore, the tandem of Morata and Tevez backed by that stellar midfield was awesome. However, it's also the same summer in which we acquired The Accidental Footballer, so it's tough for me to call it the best.

I don't think I have a favorite Beppe Mercato; he makes some good acquisitions and then fucks shit up by buying a couple of Jabroni Bidones or selling a star player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 170)