Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Verratti 2 years ago

What is the point?

Real and Juve are two completely different cases.

Real lure of being the most successful team in european competitions is a lure on its own, and history has showed Real are one of the few teams who can go and spend big. Ronaldo and co arent getting younger. There is already talk about replacing Benzema with either Kane or Mbappe or Icardi. And you know how Real management is. Bale is constantly injured so that might force them to go buy Neymar as well for a wide position.

PSG keep sh-tting the bed in CL.

Yeah i can totally see Mbappe moving on to a bigger club like Real which offers CL winning potential.

PSG are the pretenders in CL. The real pretenders tbh. Spend spend spend, havent even reached semis in CL.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Barca and Real are not that different, and Barca couldn't even get Verratti despite attempting to tap him up in so many dishonest ways

Dude PSG made Verratti fire his agent because he would try to get him out

In the end they kept him

Mar 10, 2009
100%.

Since PSG bought Neymar & Mbappe, I see 10s of football FB pages sharing their goals, missed chances, tricks and things like that. PSG doesnt have to pay Bleacher Report to share those vids at all, Bleacher has the incentive to do that because it gets them views and clicks.

I very very rarely come across something like that from Juve because A) we play ugly football, and B) we only have Dybala's rare long distance goals as a source of attractive goals. Pogba's goals used to be shared a lot as well. We dont have any real flair players.

Just look at the "why you supported Juventus thread," as further evidence. Its the players that make the teams, not the other way round.

May 23, 2013
He has done very poorly two summers in a row. Last season Max masked his failures and this season he will find a way to do it again.

But Marotta has weakened both our defense and midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Mbappe when he was 14...

PSG wont win the CL. Mbappe will eventually leave for a bigger club like Real or Barca. Real can get him from PSG.

With Neymar there is already some stories going on as well that he isnt enjoying himself there or smth. If PSG keep $#@!ting the bed in europe i cant see them staying there for long. Maybe one of the epl clubs come with big offer as well?
Wtf kinda obsessive shit is that from Mbappe lmao. I surprised he didn’t pull Ronaldo’s pants down and suck him off on the pitch yesterday

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:lol:

Anyway.

Beppe & Co. need to add a dynamic box 2 box mid. Management screwed up by not closing that deal for Tolisso when it was still possible; he'd be a great fit in this current group.

Midfield should be the highest priority, for sure.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
15041992800895.jpg

Mbappe when he was 14...

PSG wont win the CL. Mbappe will eventually leave for a bigger club like Real or Barca. Real can get him from PSG.

With Neymar there is already some stories going on as well that he isnt enjoying himself there or smth. If PSG keep shitting the bed in europe i cant see them staying there for long. Maybe one of the epl clubs come with big offer as well?

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

Anyway.

Beppe & Co. need to add a dynamic box 2 box mid. Management screwed up by not closing that deal for Tolisso when it was still possible; he'd be a great fit in this current group.

We need 2 new midfielders IMO.

And although I like Matuidi, we should really stop spending money on 30 year old players who are only short term solutions. We need to spend more money on young players like Bentancur; players who will spend their prime here. Also, Max needs to stop being so stubborn and conservative with integrating younger players into the team.

Barella and Torreira will do nicely.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
We need 2 new midfielders IMO.

And although I like Matuidi, we should really stop spending money on 30 year old players who are only short term solutions. We need to spend more money on young players like Bentancur; players who will spend their prime here. Also, Max needs to stop being so stubborn and conservative with integrating younger players into the team.

Barella and Torreira will do nicely.
I know you're looking for that resale value, but Matuidi was a good purchase. Not sure how the bonuses shake out, if it will be 20M or closer to 30M. 20M is basically a steal in the current market, for a player of Blaise's calibre/experience/mental makeup, and we desperately needed more pop in the middle of the park. I missed the Tottenham game, but based upon what I've read about the possession stats/game flow, and just knowing this team inside-out, it's pretty predictable/clear he was a huge miss. His inclusion may well have changed the outcome. Also, the club can't just buy developmental players if Europe is a legitimate objective.

I agree that we should be going after a couple of midfielders, but we're going to have to clear some players out first. I expect Asabob, Sturaro, Lichtsteiner and Howedes to be on their way out. Probably Gigi, too, although I guess that's still TBD. We'll see who else, but I still think Alex Sandro and Dybala will be sticking around.

Torreira has really impressed me when I've had the opportunity to watch him. I could see that motor being very useful in our midfield, and based upon a year or so of what has seemed like interest from Juve, I could see management targeting him. Think that would be quite a good move.

Don't think we'll bring in a player like Barella at this point, not quite far enough along in his developmental curve, and those minutes should be Bentancur's at this point. Gotta have consistency in midfield if the club wants to challenge in Europe.

I also think that Beppinho is going to keep pushing hard for Emre Can, because that's a market opportunity that he just can't say no to.

Could maybe see something like Spinazzola, Caldara, Can, Torreira, and a RB. Kind of doubt we'll be going for much up top, but hard to say at this point.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Anyway.

We passed on Tolisso because it was decided that 4-2-3-1 would be our primary formation. So a B2B mid was unnecessary.

Turns out Dybala/Higuain is not good enough to sacrifice the extra midfielder. And still a decision has to be made about our formation next year.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012

Mbappe when he was 14...

With Neymar there is already some stories going on as well that he isnt enjoying himself there or smth. If PSG keep shitting the bed in europe i cant see them staying there for long. Maybe one of the epl clubs come with big offer as well?
Fucking creep,Ronaldo should file for a restraining order.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
We passed on Tolisso because it was decided that 4-2-3-1 would be our primary formation. So a B2B mid was unnecessary.

Turns out Dybala/Higuain is not good enough to sacrifice the extra midfielder. And still a decision has to be made about our formation next year.
I think that was definitely a big part of the equation, for sure. I also think management initially balked at that 40M price tag in the winter mercato, and then like you said, by the end of the season they had decided on 4-2-3-1. But by the summer Bayern had entered the mix, so even if we had wanted to sign Tolisso I doubt it would have happened at that point. Think I remember something about him being a Bayern fan in his youth.

Management was obviously banking on getting more out of Khedira and Marchisio. Anyway, clearly the 4-2-3-1 is problematic right now.

What types of experimentation would you like to see with the formation this season?

I'd like to see Max try a 4-3-3 in one of our league matches, with Dybala having more of a free role on the right. Similar to how Barca deploy their Argentinian at times. Allow him to cut underneath, to roam a little. Would be flexible.

Try dropping Bernardeschi into that RCM spot for a match or two, see if he can help in transition/break the press, make some forward runs, and still offer some defensive coverage. Has played some wingback, I don't think it's a crazy idea to slot him into the middle. De Sciglio would stay home as usual, and maybe shade Pjanic ever so slightly to provide a little more coverage, if necessary.

Been thinking about this the past few weeks because of how imbalanced we are at times. Certainly gets more of our talent on the field. Looks like you're thinking along the same lines (of Berna in midfield), based upon a post of yours I just saw in the other thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)