dolph

Mar 30, 2006
That’s the front three I’ve been arguing for all season.

We don’t have the midfield to play possession football against big teams, so the best possible solution is a counterattacking game.

What’s the point of having a heavy, immobile strikers like Higuain up top. We should just play with our fastest, trickiest players.
Dybala and Berna dont really have there strenghts in countering either. Sure they can do it better than Mandzu and Higuain, but they are still better in a possesion based team IMO.

The thing is we have the players to play a game focused on possesion. Marchisio, Bentancur, Berna and Pjanic are all players, who are good on the ball. Allegri just chooses brainless runners like Matuidi, Khedira and Sturaro instead of them.

I have to agree that Allegri coaching style is better suited for a counterattacking team. He could not get the team to play a cohesive attacking brand of football if it would save hes life.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Dybala and Berna dont really have there strenghts in countering either. Sure they can do it better than Mandzu and Higuain, but they are still better in a possesion based team IMO.

The thing is we have the players to play a game focused on possesion. Marchisio, Bentancur, Berna and Pjanic are all players, who are good on the ball. Allegri just chooses brainless runners like Matuidi, Khedira and Sturaro instead of them.

I have to agree that Allegri coaching style is better suited for a counterattacking team. He could not get the team to play a cohesive attacking brand of football if it would save hes life.
They are talented enough to adapt to a counter attacking system

I would rather we just cut our losses with Higuain he's not Juve material and just holds us back

Kian

Jul 22, 2011

good thing you will never ever be in charge of a professional football club. neither matuidi nor khedira (especially him) are brainless runners. his brain (khedira) is basically the only thing keeping him at a club of this level.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So would you guys rather bring Kean back to support Higuain or challenge him or spend the money to bring someone good to REALLY challenge Higuain and have less money elsewhere to spend?

What do?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
So would you guys rather bring Kean back to support Higuain or challenge him or spend the money to bring someone good to REALLY challenge Higuain and have less money elsewhere to spend?

What do?
I don't think anyone really good would come unless Higuain left.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
They are talented enough to adapt to a counter attacking system

I would rather we just cut our losses with Higuain he's not Juve material and just holds us back
Agree on both statements. Hopefully Higuain still has an admire or two in EPL and we will be able to sell him for a decent price.

- - - Updated - - -

good thing you will never ever be in charge of a professional football club. neither matuidi nor khedira (especially him) are brainless runners. his brain (khedira) is basically the only thing keeping him at a club of this level.
Well maybe brainless runner is the wrong word, but they are both choosen for there ability to cover the pitch. Matuidi with impressive cardio and pressing and Khedira with of the ball movement. Even though both have a decent first touch, they are hopeless at dictating play or creating anything for their.

I understand using one of them for balance, but both of them is just way to much. Imagine Bentancur or Marchisio (when fit) as DM and Pjanic as RCM. Our technical level and ability to create chances would skyrocket, and we would not loose much if anything defensively because, Bentancur/ Marchisio gives better cover to the defense than Pjanic.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

What do?
id bring in Cavani (heard PSG needs to sell players for 70M because of FFP, and they are getting Griezzy anyway so no need for Edi), sell Higuain to Arsenal (Ozil and Sanchez gone, gonna need a new shinny toy to keep the high paying Londoners in their stands and prevent from becoming Chelsea and Tottenham fans instead), bring back Kean.

Cavani/Kean
Mandzu/Pjaca Dybala/Berna Costa/Cuads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)