Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Are we all blind? Based on tuZ's most debated subject lately...

If we could all agree for once on a matter, i wonder whats the general opinion here, is it Beppe who recently fails to aknowledge what we obviously lack or is it Allegri that manages to mask most issues without complaining? Is our team genuinly incomplete or is it Allegri who cant get the best out of our already strong/complete squad?

Yes, it basically is another debate so any argumented answear is appreciated. Point of all this would be to sum up most members overall opinion on the matter while also seeking to see how different most of us see things.

As an example:

I honestly believe we could have done better! It's already like the 3rd mercatto window in a row in which we obviously lack a CM that can actually take players on or effectively play as a B2B and nobody seems to notice it, nevermind mentioning our RB issues this season. I must admit aswell that no moves this winter mercatto also indicates Allegri's lack of cohones, not demanding any changes despite some obvious issues is trully questionable...

- - - Updated - - -

@zizinho @Osman @Hustini @Kyle @Monty @DAiDEViL @Bianconero81 @Kopanja @JCK @Bianconero_Aus @Elvin @Wittl @Hydde @Mark @Xperd @pitbull @pavluska etc etc etc

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
There are so many mixt opinions in so many different topics, so i been thinking it might help to sum up here some overall opinions on our current status going towards the business end of the season.

Might be dramatic but hillarious in the same time, basically everyone on this forum has something to complain about regarding the team or management, yet most complain about totally different aspects for totally different reasons, was good to actually have some of those complaints/opinions all summed up in a post, im aware it might not work out seeing as im already getting dissed for mentioning/posting but who cares, im giving it a try! ;) :D :lol:

- @Hustini summed it up pretty well to start with! :lol: :tup:

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
There are so many mixt opinions in so many different topics, was good to sum up here some overall opinions on our current status going towards the business end of the season.

Might be dramatic but hillarious in the same time, basically everyone on this forum has something to complain about regarding the team or management, yet most complain about totally different aspects for totally different reasons, was good to actually have some of those complaints/opinions all summed up in a post, im aware it might not work out seeing as im already getting dissed for mentioning/posting but who cares, im giving it a try! ;) :D :lol:

- @Hustini summed it up pretty well to start with! :lol: :tup:
I think it's a fair point to bring up, especially from what I see is excessive negativity that isn't warranted - its not like we are inter

The over-arching theme is , if you have ever worked for a large organisation, you cannot blame one person alone.

Hence I do not agree with this constant bashing of beppe or allegri or khedira etc.

What I have come to understand is the club has some basic guiding principles and the actors operate to their best capacity based on these principles for eg:

Financial - We are operating as a self sustaining biz venture, so no excessive spending. However we pay the best salaries in italy and salaries are the biggest expense of the club , as a percentage of revenue much higher than real madrid for example

Transfers - Keeping in mind the financials, the club looks for free transfers, and opportunistic buys of young talents - we have close to 50 players on loan and it serves as a revenue stream also

Technical - Our philosophy is to win, first in italy and then in europe. Having constructed a squad the coach then has to ensure we win. Honestly I'd rather win 1-0 every game then be a liverpool and win 4-3 and lose 0-1.

Tactical - Of course the club recognised the deficiencies in midfield and RB and hence matuidi and de sciglio were purchased. Matuidi has done well and so has MDS when given the chance. There are problems popping up in other areas like LB and striker and I'm sure they are working on it. (juve sent a fitness coach with higuain for his holiday).

TL;DR - The club works as a big complex organisation and we should stay calm unless we do an inter

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think it's a fair point to bring up, especially from what I see is excessive negativity that isn't warranted - its not like we are inter

The over-arching theme is , if you have ever worked for a large organisation, you cannot blame one person alone.

Hence I do not agree with this constant bashing of beppe or allegri or khedira etc.

What I have come to understand is the club has some basic guiding principles and the actors operate to their best capacity based on these principles for eg:

Financial - We are operating as a self sustaining biz venture, so no excessive spending. However we pay the best salaries in italy and salaries are the biggest expense of the club , as a percentage of revenue much higher than real madrid for example

Transfers - Keeping in mind the financials, the club looks for free transfers, and opportunistic buys of young talents - we have close to 50 players on loan and it serves as a revenue stream also

Technical - Our philosophy is to win, first in italy and then in europe. Having constructed a squad the coach then has to ensure we win. Honestly I'd rather win 1-0 every game then be a liverpool and win 4-3 and lose 0-1.

Tactical - Of course the club recognised the deficiencies in midfield and RB and hence matuidi and de sciglio were purchased. Matuidi has done well and so has MDS when given the chance. There are problems popping up in other areas like LB and striker and I'm sure they are working on it. (juve sent a fitness coach with higuain for his holiday).

TL;DR - The club works as a big complex organisation and we should stay calm unless we do an inter
:numnum:

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
I'd like to add that there are external factors to consider also

- italy as an economy is sht compared to Germany and the UK

- the champions league in its current format requires some luck

- serie A as a whole is sht

- the milan clubs are sht, imagine the coverage a title battle of juve and the two milan clubs would generate

- worldwide coverage and marketing is really poor as compared to the awesome packaging of the premier league

- our location i.e. turin, we arent going to get the tourists like you do in london or barcelona

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

Totally on point, i have to label it as one of the best posts i've read in a long time, i really hope it will serve as an enlightenment to some. :tup:

Tactical - Of course the club recognised the deficiencies in midfield and RB and hence matuidi and de sciglio were purchased. Matuidi has done well and so has MDS when given the chance. There are problems popping up in other areas like LB and striker and I'm sure they are working on it. (juve sent a fitness coach with higuain for his holiday.
Even tho i agree with you here aswell, i must say we still lack proper competition for that RB side, MDS has been great lately but him being injury prone puts us at risk of playing Lichtsteiner/Barzagli in many important games, meanwhile i still maintain my view that we been requiring a proper skilled/b2b CM for a while now, Matuidi has been a great buy but i see him more as an upgrade on Khedira/Sturaro, i really believe we could have done better on improving our midfield...

Anyway, if our season goes well with our curent squad than there will surely be nothing to complain about in the end. :lol: :tup:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
To answer the question a few posts above: I think Allegri has masked a lot of our transfer inadequacies.

I was one of the original Beppe disciples but recently his moves haven't been as spot on as they used to be. It's not necessarily the value for the money where he's slipped, but also the fit of the squad.

Allegri is coping with a different formation and different players every year.

The Higuain/Dybala partnership has been a major fuck up for Marotta. It's 94M for a player that doesn't combine with Dybala at all. And at this point, we are sacrificing too much defensively to play them together.

We are playing Sturaro at RB in the CL. That's a major fuck up.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
To answer the question a few posts above: I think Allegri has masked a lot of our transfer inadequacies.

I was one of the original Beppe disciples but recently his moves haven't been as spot on as they used to be. It's not necessarily the value for the money where he's slipped, but also the fit of the squad.

Allegri is coping with a different formation and different players every year.

The Higuain/Dybala partnership has been a major fuck up for Marotta. It's 94M for a player that doesn't combine with Dybala at all. And at this point, we are sacrificing too much defensively to play them together.

We are playing Sturaro at RB in the CL. That's a major fuck up.
I don't think anymore could be asked of Allegri

He has in my opinion overachieved with the team since he took over and is definitely not helped by the board

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
the thing is, that allegri is a good guy and he will not impose himself to the board and ask fotr the players he want. Is like the very opposite of conte... who was also wrong.

I mean, is fine for him to be able to cope with what he is given... but if he lets beppe buy players just takin in consideration the economical aspects...he will never be able to impose his style.. which to be honest, i dont know what it is.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
So what? What is he supposed to do in your opinion?

Either you swallow the pill an deal with losing players each year, or you leave.

The board isn't gonna change it's strategy.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
So what? What is he supposed to do in your opinion?

Either you swallow the pill an deal with losing players each year, or you leave.

The board isn't gonna change it's strategy.
He can continue doing his thing and enjoying the ride. Its a win-win for both parties (board and coach), as both are happy with the outcome.

What i would like is simply impossible because we are handtied by serie A poorness, so i like it or not, the path the board has decided to go (sign opportunities instead of what they would like) is what is needed to keep this team afloat.
Good football etc etc is not a priority. Its like 2nd or 3rd.

Anyways, i dont think we are BAD as a team..yes like MikeT said, we have holes that i dont know why Beppe and Allegri didnt fixed... but overall we are kinda fine.

My real issue is with allegri´s team selection, but thats another matter.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
the thing is, that allegri is a good guy and he will not impose himself to the board and ask fotr the players he want. Is like the very opposite of conte... who was also wrong.

I mean, is fine for him to be able to cope with what he is given... but if he lets beppe buy players just takin in consideration the economical aspects...he will never be able to impose his style.. which to be honest, i dont know what it is.
Thought he asked for wingers and got Costa and Berna.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
He can continue doing his thing and enjoying the ride. Its a win-win for both parties (board and coach), as both are happy with the outcome.

What i would like is simply impossible because we are handtied by serie A poorness, so i like it or not, the path the board has decided to go (sign opportunities instead of what they would like) is what is needed to keep this team afloat.
Good football etc etc is not a priority. Its like 2nd or 3rd.

Anyways, i dont think we are BAD as a team..yes like MikeT said, we have holes that i dont know why Beppe and Allegri didnt fixed... but overall we are kinda fine.

My real issue is with allegri´s team selection, but thats another matter.
In what sense? Money? Competitive edge? Its the only top league with a title race this season.

Man city miles ahead in England.
Barca ahead of rest in Spain
Psg will win the league for sure.
Bayern dominate Bundesliga.

Nothing decided in serie a yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)