lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
What good wingers did we have? I can't recall anyone.

Not only that, but our fullbacks had very little attacking ability as well, making the wide areas very hard to utilize.
No, I agree on that part. But you just assume we wanted to play a winger-based formation and failed because we didn't have any. But as a matter of fact Allegri was a 4-3-1-2 fan and that's what he played in his first season after a string of bad 3-5-2 results. As for 16/17 season I consider our switch to 4-2-3-1 a result of significant CM weakening in summer mercato - a patchwork formation with some players like Mandzukic and Dybala having to find new roles. Therefore lack of wingers in 14/15 should not be held against that team because those positions were never intended to exist

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
there is a huge mental growth too. We used to be mature in Serie A but were very nervous in the CL. We are now playing very maturely in Europe. Dont discount experience at all.

You will see what lack of experience will do to the EPL teams next season even if they fill up their squads with stars. It takes a few years of qualifying from your group stage and then actually challenge to reach this level of maturity in managing CL games. PSG is the best example of a star studded team that cant take this extra mental step.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Marotta did a fantastic Interview with Tuttosport, Ive collated most of what was said:

"When we [the new mgmt] arrived in May 2010, we found a very discouraging environment at Juve but above all lacking a culture."
"culture is what Pres Agnelli & the leadership, [first] tried to bring to #Juve, when we arrived in 2010."

Marotta on Juve being unrivalled in serie A: "I disagree. Roma & Napoli have always had positive results [in 16/17]"
"I think that the 2nd placed team [Roma] lost 4/5 times at most, this season. These numbers represent their competitiveness."
"2nd placed teams got 80+ pts [+Napoli got 78 in 2013].. That would usually have been enough to win the Scudetto. Juve have been ruthless"
"When a team wins,it's the strongest in all aspects. Unfortunately, in our culture there's a lot of envy & little culture to lose"

"Paratici lives to analyze training sessions & games. He analyzes everything."
Marotta on Paratici: "He loves his work. He lives for, a ruthless organization, network of scouting & a working approach."

"Last summer is perhaps one of the best mercati in Juve history. But, now, I don't want to give a similar expectation."
Marotta on a release clause onto a player's contract: "It's crazy & I'll never do it. It's not an advantage."

"But, what is certain is that, we want to strengthen this Juve team even more [this summer]."
"How do we choose a player for Juve? Either we go for an established Champion or a talent that can become a Champion."

Marotta: "Exhibit A: We go for an established Champion like Higuaín, Alves, Mandžukić, Khedira, etc."

"Exhibit B: We try a talent. But, beware, a talent that can become a Champion."
Marotta lists Dybala as an example for Exhibit B. A talent with technical qualities transformed into a Champion due to his moral qualities
"That is, in addition to technical qualities, a player must also have moral qualities which transform him into a Champion."

"Dybala renewal[signals],there's a mutual interest to and will to go on a long journey together"

Marotta on his best acquisition: "Pirlo. He was deemed finished by many."

Marotta on possibility of any key departures this summer: "Absolutely not. No one wants to leave Juve & we aren't aiming to raise capital"

"I appreciate Raiola a lot. We can dispute but he doesn't change his words [promises] & isn't ambiguous like [some] other agents
Marotta On Keane: "We've to negotiate on him staying at Juve, with Raiola. We can't go beyond certain economic constraints for his wages"

"When a team is strong & it wins, the culture of envy takes over & the victory is devalued [in Italy]."
"When a team wins,it's the strongest in all aspects. Unfortunately, in our culture there's a lot of envy & little culture to lose"
"In Italy, our opponents have often lost blaming the referee or something else."
"It's the culture of alibis in Italy. It's a bad culture that needs to be eradicated.
"This culture of alibis takes away responsibility from the players & instils the mentality of a loser in them."

"Juve's supremacy is clear and it can't be debated."
"Juve are always under attack [in Italy] because attacking Juve gives a lot of popularity."
"The people in Italy have realized that speaking ill of Juve generates consensus. It's even a purely statistical matter."
"There are 14 million Juventini in Italt & the rest of Italy is against us."

"We lacked experience & mentality in Berlin. We have achieved them in 2 ways [since then]."
The UCLFinal in Berlin was achieved due to a set of factors & it wasn't fully calc even if the value of that journey remains high."

On Allegri leaving “We hope it doesn’t happen, because we’d like to go forward with Allegri,”.

“He’s proven himself to be a great Coach and with us he’s gained a lot, now he’s one of the best in the world.

“Right now this isn’t a priority, because everyone’s objective is to go to Cardiff and win, then after Cardiff we’ll sit around the table and listen to everyone, not just Allegri.

“The ideal would be to keep hold of Allegri and we’re not thinking about changing. We’re not even considering it.”

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It has to be said now that it's all said and done, he did a pretty poor job providing us with what we need. It was a bit of genius by Allegri to put Mandzukic on the left, but really what did we have? Yes there is an injured Pjaca, but he is still way too raw at this level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)