PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Marotta got absolutely assfucked by Raiola, and it was worth it every second of it - he got 4 years of performance from a WC CM, one of our 3 top players the past years, and 75M for the club in the end.

Getting raped by Raiola was the price we had to pay for it, and it is obviously a small price all things considered. Imagine if Milan, Roma or Inter had gotten the guy.

Morata is similar. We just couldn`t convince Madrid to lose link to the player. For that, the player himself would have to push, but he apparently didn`t want to. So it was us or Wolfsburg.

In the end, we got 2 years of fundamental performances in the Champions League. Without Morata, we don`t make it to the final. The final was instrumental to keep raising brand awareness and the size of the club. We got that and received 10M for it.

Marotta has his small farts like Hernanes, but they are irrelevant considering the big picture. Look at Juventus 5 years ago, it`s unbelievable.

He does have a weakness when it comes to selling players. No matter what people say, Vidal was sold for a ridiculously low price, we were soft letting Coman go by Bayern`s terms, Tevez left for literally nothing, among others.

But as long as Marotta keeps finding talent and making big decisions correctly (Allegri, for instance, when nobody wanted), he can continue to sell poorly all he wants.

Now, he does seem to be amazing at planning, but reacts poorly under pressure. Let`s hope he keeps his shit together and closes this market with a solid coup for the midfield AND correctly replacing Zaza if he actually leaves.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Marotta got absolutely assfucked by Raiola, and it was worth it every second of it - he got 4 years of performance from a WC CM, one of our 3 top players the past years, and 75M for the club in the end.

Getting raped by Raiola was the price we had to pay for it, and it is obviously a small price all things considered. Imagine if Milan, Roma or Inter had gotten the guy.

Morata is similar. We just couldn`t convince Madrid to lose link to the player. For that, the player himself would have to push, but he apparently didn`t want to. So it was us or Wolfsburg.

In the end, we got 2 years of fundamental performances in the Champions League. Without Morata, we don`t make it to the final. The final was instrumental to keep raising brand awareness and the size of the club. We got that and received 10M for it.

Marotta has his small farts like Hernanes, but they are irrelevant considering the big picture. Look at Juventus 5 years ago, it`s unbelievable.

He does have a weakness when it comes to selling players. No matter what people say, Vidal was sold for a ridiculously low price, we were soft letting Coman go by Bayern`s terms, Tevez left for literally nothing, among others.

But as long as Marotta keeps finding talent and making big decisions correctly (Allegri, for instance, when nobody wanted), he can continue to sell poorly all he wants.

Now, he does seem to be amazing at planning, but reacts poorly under pressure. Let`s hope he keeps his shit together and closes this market with a solid coup for the midfield AND correctly replacing Zaza if he actually leaves.
No way he was better than Vidal, Tevez, Pirlo, Buffon and Barzagli at minimum

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...ontacted-juventus-for-pogba-last-year-marotta

:shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

Fo sho but I would like contemporary ones not out-dated views.
Here is one. There was another one I read a few days ago. Let me try and find it.

http://sport360.com/article/footbal...at-history-by-selling-their-prized-frenchman/

- - - Updated - - -

Fo sho but I would like contemporary ones not out-dated views.
Here is one. There was another one I read a few days ago. Let me try and find it.

http://sport360.com/article/footbal...at-history-by-selling-their-prized-frenchman/

Mike C

Jul 28, 2016
Why worry about the the money? 75, 90, 100, it's all relative. Unless the club is spending beyond their means or throwing money away on terrible players, it's really just trading. it's not about always making the most profit from transfers, it is strengthening a squad in order to win UCL. Pogba was always going to be sold, and we'll never know the true story behind what happened, so no point losing sleep on it. We lost pogba/Morata for higuain, pjaka, benatia, alves, pjanic. Hopefully we get a dm, but otherwise, I think we made wise investments for the club's future alongside last years' dybala and Sandro. Pjanic was a steal, pjaca may be a star in the making, higuain is a proven goal scorer. I don't see why people are upset about ~25 mill other than all the news outlets spinning the story just to say something negative.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Why worry about the the money? 75, 90, 100, it's all relative. Unless the club is spending beyond their means or throwing money away on terrible players, it's really just trading. it's not about always making the most profit from transfers, it is strengthening a squad in order to win UCL. Pogba was always going to be sold, and we'll never know the true story behind what happened, so no point losing sleep on it. We lost pogba/Morata for higuain, pjaka, benatia, alves, pjanic. Hopefully we get a dm, but otherwise, I think we made wise investments for the club's future alongside last years' dybala and Sandro. Pjanic was a steal, pjaca may be a star in the making, higuain is a proven goal scorer. I don't see why people are upset about ~25 mill other than all the news outlets spinning the story just to say something negative.
The money is not what worries, but its how Beppe and co. bend over at times of pressure and just lets agents and other teams trample them. Netting 75m is pathetic when he is clearly worth at least 100m in todays market. If no club wants to pay that price and Raiola's cut then good for us, Pogba and Raiola could whine all they want but they cant do much about it if the clubs valuations are not met. This is a sign of the board accepting that Pogba is gonna leave, and just desperately trying to beg for as much money as they can from United. It's a sign of weakness and makes the board looks like wimps not able to resist when a player wants something else. A stricter line should be held with departures; similarly Llorentes, Tevez's and Vidals departures were dealt with poorly.

Marotta has made amazing acquisitions and is the best in the business in that aspect, but he has a poor track record right now in terms of departures.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pogba isnt remotely worth 100 mil.
Its an incredibly inflated price. If he plays a season like crap, that price will crash extremely fast. This is the issue with "just say no", to this kind of situation.
Saying no will cost you ALOT more then selling him on a high.

Why'd you think Raiola was so eager to sell him before the euro's ? The man was correct : Pogba was mediocre. Everyone was like "how is this guy worth over 40mil". Every single analyst outside serie a.

Saying "no" is easy when your player loses like 5 mil value, or is 29 and on a contract till 33. Saying no and see him drop from 100+ to less then 70 in a year ? thats what happens else.

Recalling dogshit first half of the season Pogba ? Imagine that all season.

I'm not happy with the net profit, but its the best we could do, since money still matters to us.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The best we could do?! :howler: Revisionism at its finest. You are so fickle, and keep changing your words to suit your argument at every turn. It is one thing to defend the management, but another matter entirely to attempt to justify every single one of their actions. Disgusting approach.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The best we could do?! :howler: Revisionism at its finest. You are so fickle, and keep changing your words to suit your argument at every turn. It is one thing to defend the management, but another matter entirely to attempt to justify every single one of their actions. Disgusting approach.
I'm not happy with the net profit, but its the best we could do, since money still matters to us.
I love how i give an explenation, yet this guy cant do better then just pick some part and respond to it

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013

We probably agreed to this when we first signed Pogba or renewed his contract not sure. But its something both parties agreed to well before this summer.

I also believe Pogba pushed for the move. I highly doubt we would of sold him unless he pushed for this move. He's a little cock sucker. Can't hate on the big guy. This deal is horrible though. I think he will slowly learn not to get analed. Morata, Pogba, Coman deals are extremely bad bad bad and make us look small. However, I think we will only improve from here on on out.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The money is not what worries, but its how Beppe and co. bend over at times of pressure and just lets agents and other teams trample them. Netting 75m is pathetic when he is clearly worth at least 100m in todays market. If no club wants to pay that price and Raiola's cut then good for us, Pogba and Raiola could whine all they want but they cant do much about it if the clubs valuations are not met. This is a sign of the board accepting that Pogba is gonna leave, and just desperately trying to beg for as much money as they can from United. It's a sign of weakness and makes the board looks like wimps not able to resist when a player wants something else. A stricter line should be held with departures; similarly Llorentes, Tevez's and Vidals departures were dealt with poorly.

Marotta has made amazing acquisitions and is the best in the business in that aspect, but he has a poor track record right now in terms of departures.
Raiola is the #1 agent in football. Pogba wont be his first or his last talent. Having a great relationship with him is very beneficial for our long term success. We just received the most expensive transfer fee of all time for a player we got for free that wasnt even home grown. Raiola is bound to represent many of the best talents in the game more than any other agent and so I think its good business to give him good money. Not only did he bring a great talent to us on a free but when we were asked to let him go, we got paid incredibly well to do so.

We want the next Raiola talent to come to Juve even if that meant they will only stay for 3-4 years and move on to a richer club later on and I am pretty sure that when that happens we would get a giant fee again. I am on Marotta's side about the Pogba transfer. I wouldnt have risked damaging our relationship with Raiola especially that he never screwed us in any way neither on the incoming fee nor the outgoing transfer fee. If anyone has been screwed here its Utd by Raiola. He got his player to leave on a free against their wishes and then hyped the hell out of him in the media and demanded a gigantic transfer fee (from which he gets a big commission) and a very expensive salary package. He gloriously screwed them in the outgoing and the incoming fees which is the exact reverse of what he did with us.

The only transfers (outgoing) that I did not like were the Tevez and Vidal transfers. I didn't like the fee (even though they came for peanuts) nor the timing. It was a bit risky to lose vidal and pirlo at once from the midfield and it was even more risky to ask a very young and inexperienced dybala to fill in for Tevez immediately like that. Allegri turned things around but we were playing with fire that season.

I personally do not mind our policy of letting players go when they ask to leave its a good image to have when you are not the richest club and playing in Serie A, yet hoping to compete with the giants. It makes top talents and established players to want to come here and grow or get their career back on track when they could have went elsewhere at a bigger salary and with higher exposure (EPL). Its definitely better than appearing as a club that refuses to let you go once you've signed and holds you prisoner. That would scare off a lot of potential players and would make them go for the money and EPL party instead. We can start doing that only when Juve is established as one of the final destinations for foreign players not a stepping stone for richer or better clubs. We are not there yet. The strategy has served us incredibly well so far in regaining our old status as a final destination for players.

My only complaint about this policy is that we seem to be over-doing it. It should be a general guiding principle not a law for every single case. Players should know that we wont get in their way but never at the expense of a great risk to the squad's cohesion. Players can leave if we are confident that we will continue to be better even when they depart. We should occasionally put our feet down and say no if letting the player go threatens a drop in our level the way the Vidal and Tevez departures did. We would have kept vidal and restored his old value, avoided the bad start to the season and at the same time maintained our image as a club that doesnt hold players against their wish. Thats because Koman would have been allowed to go as well as Pirlo, Giovinco, Morata, Pogba etc...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Raiola is the #1 agent in football. Pogba wont be his first or his last talent. Having a great relationship with him is very beneficial for our long term success. We just received the most expensive transfer fee of all time for a player we got for free that wasnt even home grown. Raiola is bound to represent many of the best talents in the game more than any other agent and so I think its good business to give him good money. Not only did he bring a great talent to us on a free but when we were asked to let him go, we got paid incredibly well to do so.

We want the next Raiola talent to come to Juve even if that meant they will only stay for 3-4 years and move on to a richer club later on and I am pretty sure that when that happens we would get a giant fee again. I am on Marotta's side about the Pogba transfer. I wouldnt have risked damaging our relationship with Raiola especially that he never screwed us in any way neither on the incoming fee nor the outgoing transfer fee. If anyone has been screwed here its Utd by Raiola. He got his player to leave on a free against their wishes and then hyped the hell out of him in the media and demanded a gigantic transfer fee (from which he gets a big commission) and a very expensive salary package. He gloriously screwed them in the outgoing and the incoming fees which is the exact reverse of what he did with us.

The only transfers (outgoing) that I did not like were the Tevez and Vidal transfers. I didn't like the fee (even though they came for peanuts) nor the timing. It was a bit risky to lose vidal and pirlo at once from the midfield and it was even more risky to ask a very young and inexperienced dybala to fill in for Tevez immediately like that. Allegri turned things around but we were playing with fire that season.

I personally do not mind our policy of letting players go when they ask to leave its a good image to have when you are not the richest club and playing in Serie A, yet hoping to compete with the giants. It makes top talents and established players to want to come here and grow or get their career back on track when they could have went elsewhere at a bigger salary and with higher exposure (EPL). Its definitely better than appearing as a club that refuses to let you go once you've signed and holds you prisoner. That would scare off a lot of potential players and would make them go for the money and EPL party instead. We can start doing that only when Juve is established as one of the final destinations for foreign players not a stepping stone for richer or better clubs. We are not there yet. The strategy has served us incredibly well so far in regaining our old status as a final destination for players.

My only complaint about this policy is that we seem to be over-doing it. It should be a general guiding principle not a law for every single case. Players should know that we wont get in their way but never at the expense of a great risk to the squad's cohesion. Players can leave if we are confident that we will continue to be better even when they depart. We should occasionally put our feet down and say no if letting the player go threatens a drop in our level the way the Vidal and Tevez departures did. We would have kept vidal and restored his old value, avoided the bad start to the season and at the same time maintained our image as a club that doesnt hold players against their wish. Thats because Koman would have been allowed to go as well as Pirlo, Giovinco, Morata, Pogba etc...
:tup:

So, Forza Marotta eh? ? ? :baus:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
if u cant handle beppe at his worst, u dont deserve him at his best.

i hope th great man keeps getting commission from juve and playr sales. i hope beppe even takes turks_bianoconero money somehow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 167)