spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I dunno man. The mercato was seeming solid as fukk even knowing that Pogba is gonna leave. Now I hear that Marotta and the board bent over and paid the 25mil Raiola fee, which is completely absurd and I have no idea why he would let Pogba go knowing the club would only net 75m. I mean sure, we never know what happens behind all the big transfers in the world but I doubt United, Napoli, Liverpool or Tottenham lost out over 20% of the money when they sold their big stars. Anyone wanna shine a light on why this happened?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Maybe signing gonzalo beforehand allowed United to play hardball. They knew we had to sell to pogba to cover that and could refuse to pay the agent fee that they should have

Jun 6, 2015
I dunno man. The mercato was seeming solid as fukk even knowing that Pogba is gonna leave. Now I hear that Marotta and the board bent over and paid the 25mil Raiola fee, which is completely absurd and I have no idea why he would let Pogba go knowing the club would only net 75m. I mean sure, we never know what happens behind all the big transfers in the world but I doubt United, Napoli, Liverpool or Tottenham lost out over 20% of the money when they sold their big stars. Anyone wanna shine a light on why this happened?
If we paid that to Raiola it was because we agreed to it four years ago when signign Paul.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Maybe signing gonzalo beforehand allowed United to play hardball. They knew we had to sell to pogba to cover that and could refuse to pay the agent fee that they should have
Even in this scenario that's pathetically bad business.

If we paid that to Raiola it was because we agreed to it four years ago when signign Paul.
Yeah sure, but this just means the board only valued him at 75m which is baffling to say the least.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Even in this scenario that's pathetically bad business.

Yeah sure, but this just means the board only valued him at 75m which is baffling to say the least.
I agree. Id like to think thats not the case but i dont understand how we ended up having to pay that fee when were selling the most in demand player around...

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
If it's €75M for us , it's €110M for buying clubs and that alone is a ridiculously crazy sum for a box to box midfielder.

You guys love to overrate him too much. It's a joke that he's managed to become the most expensive player in the world.

Paying world record sums for goal scoring game changers is one thing while doing the same for a midfielder who's bought in to play in a 2 man midfield is another thing.

His marketing value alone increased his price tag significantly. His footballing value is nowhere near at what fanboys describe.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
If it's €75M for us , it's €110M for buying clubs and that alone is a ridiculously crazy sum for a box to box midfielder.

You guys love to overrate him too much. It's a joke that he's managed to become the most expensive player in the world.

Paying world record sums for goal scoring game changers is one thing while doing the same for a midfielder who's bought in to play in a 2 man midfield is another thing.

His marketing value alone increased his price tag significantly. His footballing value is nowhere near at what fanboys describe.
75mil€ gain from Pogba sale is acceptable now :touched:

Team

unite

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree. Id like to think thats not the case but i dont understand how we ended up having to pay that fee when were selling the most in demand player around...
I wonder if it was in the contract he signed for Juventus that we were obligated to pay the agent fee so legally we had to? :boh:

Mike C

Jul 28, 2016
The only signing I truly hated last year was Hernanes, I thought beppe did good to bring in the talent he did and could hold onto pogba for the summer. This year, he really outdid himself, and even with the pogba sale not going exactly how we'd want it to, it is hard to argue how instrumental he has been in getting us the right players for the future. Dybala, pjaka, Sandro, lemina, and higuain if he retains his form. They all have great potential. now up to allegri to make the jigsaw puzzle pieces into a coherent picture for UCL. If he could do it last year with that start of the season, he will do it again this year. :tup:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ah. So now we are resorting to the hands tied excuse? If we knew we had to pay his agent, we should have done everything to make more from this deal. Pocketing 75 million Euros for a guy who could potentially become the best box to box midfielder for years to come is bad business. However, for some of you that is ok, as is paying 90 million for a guy who will be turning 29 in a few months :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 183)