Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
There's no way this squad is as strong as the one in 2006.

You had Del Piero and Trez ripping it off. You had Mutu and Ibra on the bench. That was incredible and insane.

You also had Nedved and Camo. Not to mention Zambrotta, Cannavaro and others in defense who were brilliant.

Sure, we're good right now, but it's not even close. Majority of those players from 2005 don't even exist nowadays.
Actually, it had Del Piero on the bench. Thats how good it was

Best goalkeeper in history
Best leftback since Maldini, and that still stands. Zambo was a monster
First defender to win a golden ball
World class thuram
the only weak spot
a former golden ball winner still in his prime
arsenal's best midfielder since forever, a bit lost because fuck you capello
the most complete brazillian midfielder in the past decades, and he works for the team
a world cup winner in his prime, one of the best wingers of his generation
one of the best poachers in history
talent on his way of becomming the world's best CF

Not a single player from today would start in that team.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the problem was capello then. We had a lot of experience and names, but that team from 2006 is overhyped as fuck. We played like shid when it mattered (cL), and cruised the league with snoring grindfests.

We will never know the true potential of that team tho.... because capello heavily influenced the gameplan and ill give you that, but really, apart from some Zlatan magic.... that team played like shid.

All names and no substance.

This year we plat much more like a team, even with less stablished names.
Overhyped ? Remind me how many juventus players were in the 2006 final ? And how many have played in the knockout rounds ?

It was not overhyped, it was coached disgustingly bad.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

World class thuram
the only weak spot
arsenal's best midfielder since forever, a bit lost because fuck you capello
the most complete brazillian midfielder in the past decades, and he works for the team

- - - Updated - - -

Overhyped ? Remind me how many juventus players were in the 2006 final ? And how many have played in the knockout rounds ?

:tup:

Pogba would get his chance. Others hardly.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

World class thuram
the only weak spot
arsenal's best midfielder since forever, a bit lost because $#@! you capello

- - - Updated - - -

Licht or Alex Sandro would, depending on which side you play Zambrotta on. Also Pogba would

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

World class thuram
the only weak spot
arsenal's best midfielder since forever, a bit lost because $#@! you capello

- - - Updated - - -

I say overhyped taking in consideration performance, not names, I think i was clear in my previous post.

Its epic sad that we had ALL those big players and played worst than Napoli and Roma of this season.

Ugly shitty football Ibrahimovic dependend. Man just to remember how we played makes me wanna puke.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I think you get his point though, guys.

2006 was in the closing stage of a golden age of world football. As Tzu said - the kind of players who were around then are nowhere to be seen now.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Licht or Alex Sandro would, depending on which side you play Zambrotta on. Also Pogba would
Pogba might.

He's more talented than Emerson, but for balance reasons its best to keep emerson in the team. So its Pogba versus Vieira. Vieira, the Arsenal legend. If the coach could get that form out of him (absolutely not with Capello, who is famous for absolutely mismanaging world class b2b players), then Pogba would have quite a task ahead to break into the team.

Zambo was left flank'n all trough his prime, he should play there. Current licht vs Zebina. Now i recall zebina beeing weaker compared to these world class players, but i cant recall if he was worse/better then Licht.

- - - Updated - - -

I say overhyped taking in consideration performance, not names, I think i was clear in my previous post.

Its epic sad that we had ALL those big players and played worst than Napoli and Roma of this season.

Ugly shitty football Ibrahimovic dependend. Man just to remember how we played makes me wanna puke.
I honestly cant believe how many teams Capello ruined. He was completely out of touch with football, completely past it. Yet teams kept signing him purely on his reputation.

Couldnt make that world class juventus work. Couldnt make a midfield of lampard/gerrard/scholes work.

Capello was given alot of hardworking champions that just needed a good gameplay and tactical guidelines, and he absolutely failed to do that.

Allegri inherited Conte's players, and improved the way they played.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Licht, even the current version is better than Zebina. Also, i would put Zambrotta on the right and have Alex Sandro start on the left. That would be some serious monster team

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I even think that this side could be stronger than the 2006 one.

Yes we had Ibra , Viera and the whole old guard... but i find this team also has very technical a players with less of a name, but with equal input or maybe even more. Buffon, Pogba,Bon,Barza, Dybala, Cuadrado, mandz, Lemina, Morata, Zaza, Sandro.

Some of them are not of the name caliber of our past players like Viera , emerson, Zambrotta, Thuram and Ibra.. but as a whole, i find this team way more dangerous and cohesive.

Last but not least, we had Capello back in the day,,, who made us play VERY negatively (CL runs were a disaster).... while now we have Allegri which is a positive evolving coach. Thats a BIG difference
I agree only about the Allegri Vs Capello point. Apart from that the old team was on a different level.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Pogba might.

He's more talented than Emerson, but for balance reasons its best to keep emerson in the team. So its Pogba versus Vieira. Vieira, the Arsenal legend. If the coach could get that form out of him (absolutely not with Capello, who is famous for absolutely mismanaging world class b2b players), then Pogba would have quite a task ahead to break into the team.

Zambo was left flank'n all trough his prime, he should play there. Current licht vs Zebina. Now i recall zebina beeing weaker compared to these world class players, but i cant recall if he was worse/better then Licht.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly cant believe how many teams Capello ruined. He was completely out of touch with football, completely past it. Yet teams kept signing him purely on his reputation.

Couldnt make that world class juventus work. Couldnt make a midfield of lampard/gerrard/scholes work.

Capello was given alot of hardworking champions that just needed a good gameplay and tactical guidelines, and he absolutely failed to do that.

Allegri inherited Conte's players, and improved the way they played.
capello still rides on his successes from the 90s. He needs to do a favor to world football and retire.

The last worthy accomplishment of him was that roma scudetto...Because our scudettos under him were because the players carried him. His tactics were miserable and his del piero treatment, unforgivable.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
capello still rides on his successes from the 90s. He needs to do a favor to world football and retire.

The last worthy accomplishment of him was that roma scudetto...Because our scudettos under him were because the players carried him. His tactics were miserable and his del piero treatment, unforgivable.
Yeah. He mostly proved that the most talented team generally wins the league. Also Zlatan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)