Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
CK is right. Marrotta was a bit too $#@!y for his own good this mercato, and the success probably went to his head. Success that he probably wouldn't have in the first place if it wasn't for someone like Conte to drag the club through the dirt in that first season to turn our fortunes around. The guy has reached his limit here and if Agnelli has any vision he's going to have to consider how Juve needs to function to be an elite club again. A part of that function is going to mean selling better and buying better as a consequence, coz we have spent a substantial amount of money in the summer and weakened the team while doing so.
Lets be fair there was a lot of work to be done this summer and Marotta did do a great deal of it he just did not prioritize correctly.

Since Conte took over Pirlo was the heart of the midfield and the post-Pirlo problem has been a concern for years. Last season we were pleasantly surprised to see that marchisio can take over and so we struck a nice balance rotating them and the post-pirlo problem seemed to be fixed because Marchisio proved capable of assuming his duties. The most natural thing to do then is to buy someone to play marchisio's role of last season which is to stand in for the main regista if that regista is to suffer an injury. Marotta didn't buy anyone to play that role and we are now paying the price. Take away the heart of the midfield and the whole system collapses. This should have been priority #1 and is thus a big mistake by Marotta.

Another equally important priority was to replace Tevez. Marotta did address that problem but he did so incorrectly. Dybala might turn out to be a great player but what we can know for sure is that he won't be Tevez's equal at this young age. Tevez's key role needs someone that is the guaranteed ready product not just pure potential. Tevez's role is more important than the Morata/llorente role. We should have prioritized getting an experienced world class player in the Tevez role rather than the Morata role. Mandzukic is a great player but he plays the morata/llorente role (which was okay) not the Tevez role. As such Marotta failed at securing priority #2.

Other less pressing priorities are a vidal replacement (Khedira, Lemina) depth signing for the attack (to replace matri), a depth signing of Lb, Cb, and rb (two of which were well addressed).

My problem thus is not what marotta did but rather what he did NOT do. He addressed a lot of the things that needed to be addressed (making good deals in getting Mandzukic, Lemina, Khedira, Sandro, Rugani). He also made luxury signings that were not needed such as Caudrado. But he did NOT address the things that are essential for the whole system to work, namely the Tevez role and the Pirlo role.

Imagine he had done the reverse and you'll see my point most clearly. Imagine we didn't get Rugani, Zaza, Sandro, Hernanes, Mandzukic, Lemina, Dybala and instead got just a world class SS and a world class CM and ended the mercato there. Imagine he wasn't distracted by pouncing on opportunities and didnt invest in the long term future like Dybala. Would our squad perform better? I think we'd be kicking ass just the way we were last season.

Something like:

Greizman/Reus - Morata
Pereyra
Pogba - Alonso/Sweinsteiger - Marchisio
Evra- Chiellini - Bonnuci - Licht

If Alonso/Sweichsteiger gets injured then Marchisio steps in and covers for him. Also a player like Griezman or Benzema or Reus is proven world class and the guaranteed product. Such a mercato with just these two additions in place of the departing Pirlo, Tevez and Vidal is much better than getting a lot of good players but none of which replace Pirlo or Tevez's roles. Most people we signed were depth and bonus signings not the signings that needed to be made for the unit to continue to click. You can get Roberto Carlos as full back and Filipo Inzaghi in the attack for all I care and still have a terrible mercato if the main key roles in your game plane are empty.

hojo_samurai

May 13, 2015
:delpiero:

He turned a great team, a step away from winning the treble to a team that will struggle to be in top 5 this season :lol: :lol:

He should be fired, but we know he wont.

$#@! him.
sad news is we were not eager to spend good money on top players that would have kept us at the top/pushed us to the next level whilst we were on top, now if we fail to make CL top clubs will want to raid us big time and some of our quality players will wanna move (as they need just but ask to be transferred anyways), we'll be back with the new Quagliarellas and the Pepes of this world again, mediocrity all over again.

amazing how Inter and Milan realized you need to spend to gain something back whilst being down for a long time, spent and are doing well currently, yet we've been at the top for so long yet have penny pinched for so long.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This clown can only deliver players nobody else wants. He simply sucks and should go manage Parma with his great fucking finance skills.

- - - Updated - - -

In such terrible days, the best thing you can do is analyse the posts of another member. But knowing you, you would not blame Marotta for the damage so it's understandable what you are doing
I think Ocelot gets off pandering to people who have authority.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It's funny because the Milan teams who could have never caught us up unless we fucked ourselves over (Which we did, funnily enough) had SHIT finances and had no EL money nevermind CL finalist money and Top TV money, went and invested heavily in their squads and they still seem to be around. Contrary to what half the people on this forum were saying every Summer you can actually spend some cash and not be barred from competitions, fined 500 trillion Euro's and liquidated.

Marotta failed, and Angelli who was quite content watching our star players fuck off and not allowing us to spend like a true top club should has failed this Summer too.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Which baffles me why people continue to cry over Coman.
Why does it baffle you if people are right by seeing the mistake of letting him go when:

1. 4-3-3 is one of the formations we've been using the most and

2. We have to play someone out of position when we do use it and that wouldn't be the case if Coman was here.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Coman is actually turning into a very useful player.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why does it baffle you if people are right by seeing the mistake of letting him go when:

1. 4-3-3 is one of the formations we've been using the most and

2. We have to play someone out of position when we do use it and that wouldn't be the case if Coman was here.
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccccaaaaauuuuuussssseeee...

1.) His preferred formation is/was/will be the 4312, which is why he asked for a TQ.

2.) His back up formation is/was/will be the 352.

3.) Neither formation uses wingers, which is Coman's preferred formation.

4.) Coman is neither an SS or a TQ.

It isn't rocket science. We made 8m and probably a future 20m for a 19 year old we had no plan of using.

So, if people would think logically about it it BAFFLES me that people are still sour krauts over losing Coman. I'd like him to have stayed, naturally, but I can also see why he wanted to leave. People will bitch about us not developing youth will anyone in their right mind will know a youth player won't develop here if we don't use a formation that they fit into.

Oh and Coman is actually turning into a very useful player.
BECAUSE THEY FUCKING PLAY HIM ON THE WING IN HIS NATURAL ROLE

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccccaaaaauuuuuussssseeee...

1.) His preferred formation is/was/will be the 4312, which is why he asked for a TQ.

2.) His back up formation is/was/will be the 352.

3.) Neither formation uses wingers, which is Coman's preferred formation.

4.) Coman is neither an SS or a TQ.

It isn't rocket science. We made 8m and probably a future 20m for a 19 year old we had no plan of using.

So, if people would think logically about it it BAFFLES me that people are still sour krauts over losing Coman. I'd like him to have stayed, naturally, but I can also see why he wanted to leave. People will bitch about us not developing youth will anyone in their right mind will know a youth player won't develop here if we don't use a formation that they fit into.

BECAUSE THEY FUCKING PLAY HIM ON THE WING IN HIS NATURAL ROLE
1) Then why the fuck Moratta gave him Cuadrado OF ALL PEOPLE? He's still waiting for his TQ.

2) You're gonna tell me our intention was to use Cuadrado as a RWB? Fuck me :lol: But... But... Where's his TQ? Part II

3) Yet we're using 4-3-3 time and time again which needs wingers. Coman is a winger.

4) I think we know that by now. But thanks for clarifying.

The money wasn't half bad. I don't think a single person who complained about the deal actually complained about the money being made (At least I hope no one did but knowing Tuz :shifty) BUT according to your lover money WASN'T a problem. So we had no real need to sell him, did we now? But guess what, once he was gone we started focusing on a winger-based formation, isn't that nice?

"People will bitch about us not developing youth will anyone in their right mind will know a youth player won't develop here if we don't use a formation that they fit into."

So you're basically saying we just wasted 40M on Dybala? Cause surely we shouldn't bench our best player, Cuadrado, the winger Allegri asked for... I mean... No.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
1) Then why the fuck Moratta gave him Cuadrado OF ALL PEOPLE? He's still waiting for his TQ.

2) You're gonna tell me our intention was to use Cuadrado as a RWB? Fuck me :lol: But... But... Where's his TQ? Part II

3) Yet we're using 4-3-3 time and time again which needs wingers. Coman is a winger.

4) I think we know that by now. But thanks for clarifying.

The money wasn't half bad. I don't think a single person who complained about the deal actually complained about the money being made (At least I hope no one did but knowing Tuz :shifty) BUT according to your lover money WASN'T a problem. So we had no real need to sell him, did we now? But guess what, once he was gone we started focusing on a winger-based formation, isn't that nice?

"People will bitch about us not developing youth will anyone in their right mind will know a youth player won't develop here if we don't use a formation that they fit into."

So you're basically saying we just wasted 40M on Dybala? Cause surely we shouldn't bench our best player, the winger Allegri asked for... I mean... No.
1.) Cuadrado was almost free and would be absolutely perfect as a RWB in a 352, that's why Marotta gave him to Allegri.

2.) 433 because of injuries IMO.

3.) Dybala was bought to play as our SS in a 4312 but Allegri decides with the wind where he will start from game to game: SS or bench

4.) Speaking of wingers, Pereyra has been a pleasant surprise on the left in a 433.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
@Hustini Cuads is not a RWB

That is the indicting move of the mercato to acquire Cuads but loan out Coman and on top of that not get Allegri the TQ/AM he needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)