JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Can you honestly say that before the season started you would have thought we would have such problems in the 6 yard box?
To be honest, yes I did. I complained a lot during the summer not only because of the sales but because of the random buys. I did not see anything that was aimed to build a team. And not only in the box, it's all over and I think that we haven't seen the worst of it yet.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
To be honest, yes I did. I complained a lot during the summer not only because of the sales but because of the random buys. I did not see anything that was aimed to build a team. And not only in the box, it's all over and I think that we haven't seen the worst of it yet.
:shocked:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he should be fired if the team doesnt finish second.

not even third is good enough. direct CL qualification is key.

and before you apologists say "oh but look at the team he built last 3 years!! give him time"

no, if you guys are willing to abandon established players and unproven youngsters, then you sure as shit should be consistent in your lack of patience. "transition" year whatever the hell that means does not mean fighting for relegation. this is juventus, no roma or napoli.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He did his job over the summer, by providing amazing talent for this team, players like Sandro, Dybala, Cuadrado, Rugani, etc... Players sought all around Europe.

It's up to the coach to get his shit together and by the end of season meet objectives. Top 3 finish is minimum what this team should aim for.

Anyway welcome back :beer:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If things go wrong, blame has to be apportioned between the coach and the sporting director (if we look at it fairly simplistically).

If the squad given to the coach is inadequate, then it is the director's fault.

If the squad doesn't perform to its capabilities, it's the coaches fault.

Juve's team/squad is still the strongest in Italy, so there are limits as to how much blame can be placed on Marotta.

He certainly has to take a share of responsibility for Juve's bad start to the season, though, as he was very late in completing the squad this summer.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
then we have different ideas of getting his job done. i agree though that there is blame on the coach as well, but since the coach is nor reposinbile for signings like in england, then marotta shares the blame.

juventus is about results. if you cant cut it then you dont belong here. coach, managment or player

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Do you think this team is playing up to its potential?

We're stacked with talent, but obviously we'll need more time for players to gel.

If by the end of season we're not among top 3 teams, Allegri's status should be reassessed, rather than Marotta's. Not saying he'd be entirely blameless, but coaching aspect, results on the pitch are his responsibility.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i kind of of answered that question in the allegri thread:

we lost that clutch player in tevez. dont forget we had many games last season where the team was wasting chances or playing bad and it tevez just fixing things on his own. same was in the CL but it was morata and tevez together.

now with tevez gone it is up to morata to be that cluch player. he proved in cl, and in the ending months of the league last season that he can be. we just need to get him fit. mandzukic is able to do that too but he needs a few more months to gel better.

once we get morata fit, results will come. he is the difference maker.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
He is probably wondering why they can't finish their well created chances.
He is probably most worried how to find a way to put all the blame about this situation on Alegri and he to escape the critics.Don't think that he is concerned much about our current form.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you honestly say that before the season started you would have thought we would have such problems in the 6 yard box?
Many members were convinced that we will win the scudetto very easy,piece of cake.Just to enter the pitch and the game is already ours.I wrote during the summer that this year getting the scudetto won't be that easy.From what I see things are more bad than that.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
If things go wrong, blame has to be apportioned between the coach and the sporting director (if we look at it fairly simplistically).

Juve's team/squad is still the strongest in Italy, so there are limits as to how much blame can be placed on Marotta.

He certainly has to take a share of responsibility for Juve's bad start to the season, though, as he was very late in completing the squad this summer.
Yup.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

I am not sure thats true. All the teams we are competing with have a fine attack thats clicking.. ours is good on paper but are not clicking together at all. At the moment they also have a better midfield. If we are better on paper then we are barely better. We used to be substantially better.

The whole squad has one distributor who played that role at a high level only last season when Pirlo was injured. Now that person is injured as well. This is a double bet: one on Marchisio being as good as he was last season as opposed to previous seasons and the second bet is on marchisio not getting injured. Marotta created this risky situation by letting Pirlo leave and not hiring a new distributor as vice marchsio. Thats an even worse mistake than letting Vidal go. At least we have players that can play Vidal's role even if at a lower level (Khedira, Pogba, Marchisio).

Pirlo left because he didnt want to be a bench player. Marotta should have told him he'd still be first team with Marchisio playing next to him when both are fit and in his place when Pirlo needs a rest. Today if marchisio recovers from injury and hits form and the midfield starts clicking again then that terrible start should be placed on Marotta more than Allegri. If Marchisio's return from injury and to good form doesn't fix the midfield then I'll blame Allegri for not getting the best out of the players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)