Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The Vidal thing really bugs me, either way I look at it (as the club and from the player). But then I look at the issues Man Utd have had with Di Maria, and continue to have with De Gea. Best case scenario as you say would be to get him to hold on, but the flip side of that, even with a good replacement coming in, is that selling someone like Vidal late in the window would anger fans maybe even more.

I've never been bothered with names but we really do need someone to come in who can make an immediate impact on the team. We saw what Vidal did early on, riding on the crest of the Conte wave, I just think that we have lost a bit of momentum over this summer and Allegri has a tough job to gel a team quickly.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't think that the fans would be as angry if we sell late when a replacement/alternative solution is acquired. I don't know about you but I really got excited about our plans right after the Vidal sales was confirmed only to go back down to earth that none of that was happeneing. And today was the real icing on the cake when it was blatantly announced that we are only looking to fill with numbers.

I am glad that you agree that we really lost out on momentum and Allegri's job is starting to become tougher. I mentioned it the other day that it is starting to remind of when he lost Zlatan, Silva and Pirlo all at once. Maybe with the rest of the squad we have it is not of that calibre but it is obvious that he is left to deal with lesser quality and more or less the same expectations.
Pirlo left a season before Zlatan and Silva, but I see your point :D And as you say, it is a pretty similar situation to what he had with Milan (two of his best players leaving), but we luckily have a much better squad at our disposal, and also a much better financial situation. I'll wait and see what happens from now until the end of the mercato, but I'm sure once our players begin to gel, we'll do well again this season (Scudetto and QF of the CL)

- - - Updated - - -

Mate, surely you're worried.
I have other things in my life that I get worried about, my football team is not one of them :)

The situation isnt ideal with the three important players leaving (2 of them widely expected), but I have every faith in the players brought in to replace them. And the window is still open for another month.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Whatever, Juventus and football is a big part of my life and something I'm passionate about, we all invest time and emotion into the team so it's right to ride the emotional roller coaster from time to time.

What we've done this market is inexcusable, we've considerably weakened, whereas the rest of Serie A has strengthened, what annoys me, we're the best off financially in the league, but constantly look to break even. Looks like the Vidal sale was exactly for that reason.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Its just not the lack of planning in our Mercato moves that has me worried but the physical condition of some of our players.

Not only has the overall quality of the squad been weakened there also seems to be question marks over the fitness of Kherdia and Asamoah plus Barzagli, Chellini and Carecres are constantly picking up niggling injuries. (though this is part of the game)

Add to that Lichtsteiner seems to be in decline and Evra is one year older I fear our Defence and Midfield which were are strongest points the past few seasons will suffer.

Guess we will have to trust Marottas judgement on this one as he's clearly more than any of us here but I still have my doubts.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
When Marotta says no to Isco or Oscar - those are €50m+ players who are wanted by their rich clubs - what is your expectation level of potential players coming in now? I'm still looking at a €25m-€30m player, but I don't know who is on the market.
The market is dead right now I can't see any options tbh. If it was a year ago we'd go for someone like Griezmann and people would fap themselves to death. I guess we're waiting for the market to open up for us but there's very little movement right now.

Maybe the sales of Di Maria and De Gea will make it :boh:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Fantastic interview today on FI. Very encouraging stuff, Beppe.
Chockingly bad, but some fantastic quotes right here:

Isco and Oscar are two players who aren’t extraordinary, but they would add to Juventus. Unfortunately they aren’t ours and we will never sign them.

“It’s obvious that we would like to keep him until he stops playing, but we can’t afford to do anything crazy in terms of salaries and some clubs can guarantee twice what we can.”

prepare for pogba exit.

honestly seeing how Beppe talks I want us to focus more on Italians. No chance of selling them as soon as they start performing.

Damn, what sad times we've come to when the mighty Juventus is just some selling club.

Jupentus

Jul 29, 2015
As roma is looking impressive..
Wow, their attacking force:
Iturbe-llajic-totti-destro-gervinho-ibarbo-verde-doumbia..and they still want to add dzeko and salah?
Thank god, maximum player for the game only 11 on the field..
Then, please count how many the number of players of ac meelan and inter merda..
Think, other team brutally blatantly zlatanly want to stop our domination.. Btw this day how many team dominate the champion title for 5 years in row?

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
As roma is looking impressive..
Wow, their attacking force:
Iturbe-llajic-totti-destro-gervinho-ibarbo-verde-doumbia..and they still want to add dzeko and salah?
Thank god, maximum player for the game only 11 on the field..
Then, please count how many the number of players of ac meelan and inter merda..
Think, other team brutally blatantly zlatanly want to stop our domination.. Btw this day how many team dominate the champion title for 5 years in row?
Just a heads up roma could sign messi and ronaldo and still suck, they're a club that will never succeed they do not know how

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Its just not the lack of planning in our Mercato moves that has me worried but the physical condition of some of our players.

Not only has the overall quality of the squad been weakened there also seems to be question marks over the fitness of Kherdia and Asamoah plus Barzagli, Chellini and Carecres are constantly picking up niggling injuries. (though this is part of the game)

Add to that Lichtsteiner seems to be in decline and Evra is one year older I fear our Defence and Midfield which were are strongest points the past few seasons will suffer.

Guess we will have to trust Marottas judgement on this one as he's clearly more than any of us here but I still have my doubts.
I was thinking about this the other day, Asa seems to be genuinely struggling for fitness and might never be the same player again, Caceres, you're never going to get a full season out of him. Barza too, and SK isn't looking like a shrewd move at this moment.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I was thinking about this the other day, Asa seems to be genuinely struggling for fitness and might never be the same player again, Caceres, you're never going to get a full season out of him. Barza too, and SK isn't looking like a shrewd move at this moment.
I was happy with Kherdia when I thought he was just going to rotate with our other CMS.

If Vidal did ask to leave out of the blue then surely Beppe knows that he needs another CM regardless of an AM being required as we were planning to play a MF 3 of Vidal Marchisio and Pogba behind a new AM with Kherdia as rotation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)