Giuliano Giannichedda's final season (2 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Giannichedda quits Juve Sunday 22 July, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Alessio Tacchinardi, Giuliano Giannichedda has also announced he’s terminating his contract with Juventus.

“This is a bit of a sad day for me,” the former Udinese and Lazio player told Juventus Channel.

“I am nearly 33 years old and would like to play on for a while longer. The club was very kind and on Tuesday I will be a free agent.”

The Bianconeri are completely revamping their squad for the return to the top flight and have brought in midfielders Tiago Mendes, Hasan Salihamidzic and Sergio Almiron.

This leaves precious little space for the old guard and following Tacchinardi’s decision to walk away on a free this week, Giannichedda has made a similar choice.

He never quite got a chance to shine in Turin, as his first campaign in 2005-06 was marred by injury, then the Bianconeri were demoted as part of the Calciopoli scandal.

“I arrived here in an invincible Juventus and my only regret is that my Champions League experience was so brief.”

The future is uncertain for Giannichedda, who has three Italy caps to his name, but he has been linked with Livorno and his old club Udinese.

He played at the Stadio Friuli for six seasons from 1995 to 2001.

Channel 4

Ciao :pint:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I know. I didn't mind the idea of loaning him when we had heaps of CMs but now that we have got rid of Gianni and Tacchi, I would think he would get enough playing time, especially if we were to sell Blasi like we should.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
just axe the dead wood away from juve
If that's what you think, say so as you did, & quite right! No point in going with the majority just to gain rep! As it happens I don't particularly care for one of our summer signings, but only having seen him in the Champion's league, & not the Bundesliga, I may be doing him a dis-service by condemning him outright. He may be a perfectly good "back up" player so I'll reserve judgement on him for now, AXEMAN!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)