Gilberto Silva (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Gilberto Silva-Juventus: Arsenal offer player to Newcastle

According to newspaper The People, Arsenal are interested in Newcastle’s Scott Parker and would be willing to offer the club Gilberto Silva in exchange. The Brazilian midfielder has also been linked with a move to Juventus.
Calciomercato.com

Mar 30, 2006
To get him parker for Gilberto the player would have to accept a move. and i don't see how he could accept getting traded to newcastle who have absolutly no hope of playing in the CL or winning anything when Juventus are intrested in him as well.

I think if Arsenal think that he can be replaced he will certainly come here. But i think he is very important to them. they would be stupid to let another senior defensive player leave imo

Mar 30, 2006
yeah his age in not an asset but the fact he is so experienced and can help make our team competitive from the start is very good. He would be excellent cover for the defence and players like him, who go about their work without too much hassel and effort (Makelele like), can last for a while.

plus i hear he is only 1.7 million pounds to buy out his contract. that is a hell of alot better than most players of his calibre.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Gilberto is slow already so it is unlikely he will get worse with age, I think he could play at a high level til 35 if he wants to.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
30 is peak age for players of his position in italy!

he would be brilliant to get and wenger seems pretty keen to release him, we would be lucky to have mr silva in a juventus shirt

Mar 30, 2006

he would be brilliant to get and wenger seems pretty keen to release him, we would be lucky to have mr silva in a juventus shirt
:agree:

Wegner is a jackasss when it comes to dealing with his senior players. If he kepts some maby he would be at the top of the league

instead he alienates them and does nothing to give them confidence by pushing them out for youngsters when they need security at that age. they want contracs and wegner does not know how to blend youth with experience. he does not value experience at all and for Arsenal it is dangerous

I say Bring in Gilberto!

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Gilberto is slow already so it is unlikely he will get worse with age, I think he could play at a high level til 35 if he wants to.

I agree with both juve red and Mike. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)